Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

If masks don't make a difference, WHY are they required during all surgeries?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post If masks don't make a difference, WHY are they required during all surgeries? doyle
Here in Georgia, our Gov has had some common sense. Masks are recommended, but not required. Some stores do require them for shoppers and that's OK too in my opinion.

If my wearing one can help someone else feel comfortable around me, I have no problem with wearing one. If eating meat offends someone, I don't try to force a hamburger on them.

A mask may not make a big difference, but if both people are wearing them, the two masks may stop a droplet or two. I don't see anything wrong with being on the safe side.

Arresting people for not wearing a mask outside is one of the dumbest things to come along in a long time. After leaving a store that requires a mask, as I walk back to the car I remove the mask and never do wear one in the car.

A friend of mine absolutely refuses to wear a mask. So, numbers of times a day he is in a fuss with someone who takes him to task about it. They argue, hold up the line in almost every store he goes into. Kinda dumb I think.

I can visit five places and get work done while he is standing around arguing with somebody he never knew before. But back to the question. If masks don't make a difference, if they don't offer any protection, why are all members of a surgical team; doctors, nurses etc., required to wear them?

Doyle
9/25/20 12:19 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Exactly. The mask is meant to protect others from your droplets. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/25/20 9:47 am

Post Masks don't make a difference Richard L Shores
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Exactly. The mask is meant to protect others from your droplets.

Masks don't make a difference. Here is a quote from Dr. Ramin Oskoui, CEO of Foxhall Cardiology:

We have decades of medical science/randomized controlled studies that show for resipratory viruses, masks do nothing.

Fauci knows of these studies. That's why he initially said go ahead and wear a mask if it makes you feel safer but they don't make a difference. He knows the studies that Oskoui is talking about exist and he knows what they show.

Further, the CDC inadvertently admitted masks don't work with their statement about the wildfires in the West. They said that masks don't protect you from the wildfire particles. The wildfire particles are larger than the dreaded respiratory droplets that everyone is freaking out about.

Wearing masks is about fear and control, not safety.

Have no fear though. It won't be much longer and the Election Infection will come to an end.

I am not a complete idiot; some pieces are missing.
Friendly Face
9/25/20 12:04 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
It's almost inconceivable how uninformed you are, Richard. If I wasn't familiar with the way fringe media is propagandizing people with the beliefs you are espousing, I would think for sure you were trolling. Sadly, I know that you are not.

I'll be bumping this thread throughout December and January as the "election infection" tragically rages on. See you then.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/25/20 12:42 pm

Post Link
A mask might stop a big ol' droplet of snot or mucous.

I've got a co-worker whose probably in his mid to late '60's. He seemed really concerned when he heard about the virus, especially when it hit his native homeland. He's moved all the work he can online. He didn't want to have to teach face-to-face, but it was required, so he put tests online so he wouldn't have to shuffle papers back and forth.

I wore a face screen instead of a mask one day, and he begged me, for my health, to wear one that covers mouth and nose. I told him the face screen would block the droplets of spittle people cough out, and we had a brief conversation about that.

There seems to be a small chance it could help in some cases. I will wear a mask if required. I get on student's cases if they don't wear masks like I am supposed to, gently, telling them the first step is $100 fine and the last step is expulsion. It has worked the time or two I had to do that. It is even harder to remember names when you don't see their faces. It's funny if they pull their mask down to drink water and the face I imagined doesn't match their real face.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/27/20 11:13 am

Post Cojak
Masks as they are accepted in stores etc. aren't too effective against germs/virus. If we wore the same masks required in operating rooms I am sure there would be less sickness, but that ain't gonna happen. Most view the "cowboy stage coach hold-up masks effective. I think that is true only if you are stealing something. Embarassed

Most anyone who has spent time spray painting understands there are different masks, and they do help, but I assume The actual Covick 19 requires very tight weave mask AND a good fit, as would any Flu virus.

Just my uneducated opinion.

I have an opinion on the 'election infection', And that is only that it is a political foot ball, and a convenient target at which to throw partisan arrows or rocks.

I just cannot believe that the world as a whole would be shut down just to get rid of one man, just sayin'.
Embarassed Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/27/20 7:14 pm

Post Cojak
... sorry to waste paper on a duplicate, but since I did, I hope you all had a wonderful praiseworthy service today... I did enjoy my home pastor on Facebook. Cool
9/27/20 7:15 pm

Post They Don't Wear Masks in Surgery FG Minister
As soon as you are asleep, they take them off, and cough and sneeze all over you. Remember, masks do no good at all, so why wear them. Sorry, I was channeling those who piqued in high school and haven't learned anything since. Acts-celerater
9/28/20 8:26 am

Post DD - Richard L Shores
Dave Dorsey wrote:
It's almost inconceivable how uninformed you are, Richard.

I suppose you think Dr. Oskoui is also uninformed. I suppose you think he just lied about the decades of studies he refers to. Or perhaps he just pulled them out of thin air.

Why do you think Dr Fauci originally said exactly what Dr Oskoui said? Could it possibly be that Fauci knew of the those studies and what they show? Oh that's right, Fauci later said he was lying about that. Well, if he lied then what else has he lied about?

Or maybe you think the CDC really didn't know what they were talking about when they warned that masks didn't protect people from wildfire particles which are larger than the droplets that you think the masks keep out.

Dave Dorsey's definition of uninformed: anyone who disagrees with him.[

Last edited by Richard L Shores on 9/28/20 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Friendly Face
9/28/20 9:45 am

Post Re: They Don't Wear Masks in Surgery Cojak
FG Minister wrote:
As soon as you are asleep, they take them off, and cough and sneeze all over you. Remember, masks do no good at all, so why wear them. Sorry, I was channeling those who piqued in high school and haven't learned anything since.

AH HA! methinks you are my pastor with a pen name....... Embarassed Embarassed
9/28/20 10:24 am

Post My point is.... Richard L Shores
Cojak wrote:
I have an opinion on the 'election infection', And that is only that it is a political foot ball, and a convenient target at which to throw partisan arrows or rocks.

I just cannot believe that the world as a whole would be shut down just to get rid of one man, just sayin'.
Embarassed Embarassed

I'm not saying that covid is not real. I know it's real. I have a man in my church who had it and his wife is in icu with it now.

With that being said, the draconian lock downs/shutdowns were not necessary and there are lots of smart folks who say the cure has been worse than the problem. I think after the election you'll see many of the lock downs/shutdowns go away. I think there are those in the political class and deep staters that want it to be as bad, stressful, and inconvenient as it can be in order to reflect badly on Trump. The whole world may not shut down to get Trump; but there are lots of Trump haters here who have.

The county health supervisor (I'm not sure what her actual title is) for L.A. County was asked last week when she thought schools would be able to reopen there. She responded after the election. That tells you all you need to know about their thinking.

Friendly Face
9/28/20 7:17 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic