Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How about it, would you?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How about it, would you? Aaron Scott
If you were nominated to fill the Supreme Court seat left by RBG, would you be willing to go through the nomination process if you knew that a diligent search would be made to find anything hurtful in your history?

I like to think I'm a decent fellow. But I'm not sure I want even GOD knowing everything about me...even though He does...let alone those who, unlike God, would use such information to hurt, humiliate, harass, hammer me--along with other such words that start with "h."

ONLY Jesus can truthfully throw down the gauntlet and say "Which of you convinceth me of evil?" And the closer they look at Jesus, the better He gets!

But the the closer you look at us (well, me) the worse we become. I only want God searching out my heart and my foibles.

So, how about it? Do you think you could withstand the close and adversarial examination by the Democrats...then show your face in public again?

I pose this as a rhetorical question, but one that should cause us to think and aspire to be closer to Jesus.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/22/20 2:29 pm

Post UncleJD
Its not the things I know I did that worry me as much as the things I DON'T know I did that dems so easily find. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/22/20 2:41 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
No, I wouldn't care about people searching through my past.

I would be too busy throwing up from the stress of trying to figure out how to write complicated legal opinions.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/22/20 2:45 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
No, I wouldn't care about people searching through my past.

I would be too busy throwing up from the stress of trying to figure out how to write complicated legal opinions.

Amen to this and my uncle JD.

This ain't gonna be pretty. The bench mark for petty has already been set on the last couple. Going back to High School? WOW! Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/23/20 8:53 pm

Post Re: How about it, would you? Link
Aaron Scott wrote:
If you were nominated to fill the Supreme Court seat left by RBG, would you be willing to go through the nomination process if you knew that a diligent search would be made to find anything hurtful in your history?

I like to think I'm a decent fellow. But I'm not sure I want even GOD knowing everything about me...even though He does...let alone those who, unlike God, would use such information to hurt, humiliate, harass, hammer me--along with other such words that start with "h."

ONLY Jesus can truthfully throw down the gauntlet and say "Which of you convinceth me of evil?" And the closer they look at Jesus, the better He gets!

But the the closer you look at us (well, me) the worse we become. I only want God searching out my heart and my foibles.

So, how about it? Do you think you could withstand the close and adversarial examination by the Democrats...then show your face in public again?

I pose this as a rhetorical question, but one that should cause us to think and aspire to be closer to Jesus.

If they don't have a camera in the bathroom, bedroom, etc. it probably wouldn't be so bad. The read danger is that they make stuff up. They could also search for everything I posted on the Internet over the years, and it would seem so politically incorrect to them-- they'd think I was such a religious right-winger. Maybe they could dig up some people from when I was young and tell of some stupid or insensitive thing I'd said. I might be ashamed to see stuff I'd said or done if they had access to everything God had seen me do, if a camera had followed me around all my life, though.

The real danger would be if they started making things up, trying to make up a case for rape or affairs or something like that. I strongly suspect the Cavanaugh accusations may have been spurious. I also suspect Herman Cain's (running for president, not a judge) generosity might have been twisted to make it seem like he had done something inappropriate.

What do I know about Clarence Thomas? I know that he is a conservative Supreme Court justice, that he is black, that he was supposed to have been Charismatic Episcopal but converted to Roman Catholicism, and that he was accused of asking a woman he worked with if there was a public hair on her coke. Even if he had asked her that, why did that have to come up in the Senate? They do get nasty with this stuff.

I was hoping Trump would have nominated Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz is the kind of guy who just might have a chance of becoming the compromise candidate nominee if he runs for president again, but he's kind of a wooden, stern-sounding speech maker who might loose if the opponent has a bit more charisma. But chances are slim if he were on the SCOTUS. We know where he stands. Senators might be hesitant about dragging one of their own number through the mud, not because they don't want to, but because he might know stupid things they said and did. Cruz is a double minority. He's Hispanic, and he is also a Baptist. Baptists have been historically underrepresented on the court. Evangelicals in general are underrepresented. There is a court full of Roman Catholic and Jewish judges with one Episcopalian. That doesn't represent the diversity of the US.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/25/20 7:26 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic