Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Report says SC State Council sent each pastor $250 to help during COVID

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Report says SC State Council sent each pastor $250 to help during COVID doyle
ACTS viewer shared an encouraging report from SC. Are there other good reports like this one? The board is wide open for your encouraging reports.
8/25/20 12:30 pm

Post I applaud but wonder excellentposter
While I applaud the action of the SC office, I am wondering 2 things: 1) Was the same consideration given to all credential ministers in SC? and 2) Why was this given to pastors who continued to receive their full salary from their churches? Friendly Face
8/26/20 9:04 am

Post Re: I applaud but wonder Link
excellentposter wrote:
While I applaud the action of the SC office, I am wondering 2 things: 1) Was the same consideration given to all credential ministers in SC? and 2) Why was this given to pastors who continued to receive their full salary from their churches?

Full salary-- that's what the US government did with the COVID-19 money. They gave it to those who had lost their jobs, but also to people bringing in more money because of the crisis (e.g. health industry workers working for hours.)
Acts-perienced Poster
8/27/20 7:22 am

Post So, Link, are you saying excellentposter
So are you Saying that Pastors continued to get their full salaries plus the stimulus money from the government, plus the $250.00 from the state office?

I am still wondering if all ministers in the state received the money... evangelists, retired ministers?
Friendly Face
8/27/20 4:28 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
How do you know these pastors got a full salary? There are many who don't get a salary PERIOD or get a partial salary.

I know a pastor in SC that received the $ from the state. The impression I got was it was sent as an encouragement to the pastors as they are navigating the pandemic. I think it's great they are reaching out to their pastors and showing appreciation.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/27/20 7:34 pm

Post Dow Moses
I’ve pastored 30 years and only got full salary for maybe 2-3 years of that. If the state could afford it I think it was great. I’m sure many pastors took cuts just to balance the budget. I’m glad I’m past the day of begrudging anyone of a blessing. I wish I had the money to send $250 to every pastor in my city. In the church our leadership is Criticized if they do and Criticized if they don’t. In the COG I feel Sorry for leadership That is really trying. I’ve been guilty myself of criticizing and pray God forgives me. If I would not appreciate the action if they were coming from my church members than those action should not be coming from me.
8/28/20 10:25 am

Post Perhaps a few details before ... Mat
Perhaps a few details before questioning the $250 to pastors in SC. Are you currently a pastor? Are you a pastor who supports his family on what the church pays, or do you also work a secular job?

Now I'm a pastor who supports my family on what the church pays, but I would say a pastor who also works a secular job is full-time in the ministry as well.

As a pastor, I don't take criticism form those who not not pastors and are not part of my local church.

If you are a minister, but not a pastor, I don't what your criticism either.

Pastors are bound to their congregation, we are not "free-agents" or "mercenary ministers". Even during a pandemic, we are focused on the good of the church members, the upkeep of the church campus and dealing with a changing landscape of regulations and restrictions while endeavoring to do our best for our congregation.

We must listen to those over us in the Lord and well as our civil leaders, and we keep in mind the sustainability of our local church.

So I say its great that the pastors in SC receive $250.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
8/28/20 4:34 pm

Post Easy.... Take a breath.... excellentposter
I was only asking questions for clarification. My question was, was this also given to pastors who receive a full salary, evangelists and retired ministers. I certainly do not begrudge any pastor getting a love gift from the state office.
Yes, I am a pastor.

We err when we read our own assumptions into questions.
Friendly Face
8/28/20 5:49 pm

Post As I Understand It mytwocents
The gift was sent to pastors, not all credentialed ministers. The letter attached said the gift was being given in appreciation for the efforts the pastors were going through during the pandemic, and as an outreach of love and encouragement.

I started not to share this good report because I knew someone would whine about it.
Acts-celerater
8/29/20 9:24 am

Post Mytwocents, Please let me know who is whining excellentposter
Please let me know who is whining. I will talk to them about it. I applaud the move but I do think that Evangelists who are without income and other credential ministers should have been included if, in fact, they were not. Friendly Face
8/29/20 10:11 am

Post sadlytrue77
That is a really good jester on the part of the counsel and overseer. I am sure the pastors appreciated it. Always will be someone complaining they got left out.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
9/16/20 10:52 am

Post $250.00 concernedpk
S.C. gives an offering to all retired ministers and widow at Easter and I
think at the Christmas banquet. Not like it use to be with the tithe of tithe cut.
Evangelist? Do they still have them? Just trying to be cute. Sorry.
9/21/20 2:54 pm

Post Sadlytrue77 excellentposter
Post sadlytrue77
That is a really good jester on the part of the counsel and overseer. I am sure the pastors appreciated it. Always will be someone complaining they got left out.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*

I am sure that you did not mean to say that the overseer was playing the part of a jester, were you? Smile
The thing is, I have not heard anyone complaining about being left out. Have you?
Friendly Face
9/22/20 7:29 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic