Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is marraige forever

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is marraige forever sadlytrue77
We said our vows 43 years ago. Back then divorce was not even concidered an option. Now I talk to christians who want prenup arguments before I perform the wedding. Times have change.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
9/17/20 8:58 am

Post Eddie Robbins
the covenant is until death. Acts-pert Poster
9/17/20 10:23 am

Post So cruel...maybe I'll become a Mormon Aaron Scott
So, let me get this straight....

At the very moment that I become the best me ever...and my wife becomes the best her ever...its over? Basically, marriage is about a union that only lasts until you are perfect.

What a shame that my wife will never have me army best.

God is so very cruel, because I would be AWESOME.

QUESTION: Were Adam and Eve married or given in marriage? Maybe it is not about union but about marriage only, if that makes sense. Otherwise, my mother will be a single mom when I get to heaven.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/17/20 11:32 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I'm very unclear on what marriage looks like in the resurrection, so I wouldn't say "forever".

As for this life... marriage between two genuine believers should be lifelong.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/17/20 12:51 pm

Post Re: So cruel...maybe I'll become a Mormon Link
Aaron Scott wrote:

At the very moment that I become the best me ever...and my wife becomes the best her ever...its over? Basically, marriage is about a union that only lasts until you are perfect.

QUESTION: Were Adam and Eve married or given in marriage? Maybe it is not about union but about marriage only, if that makes sense. Otherwise, my mother will be a single mom when I get to heaven.

Don't say God is cruel. What awaits us is very great, and we will probably have a relationship with our spouses in the age to come if we are both Christian if not marriage.

And if marriage were forever, widows and widowers should not be allowed to remarry unless polygamy is also allowed.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/17/20 2:58 pm

Post Cojak
I am not sure about after life. No one on this board can think like GOD. He has a perfect answer and we will only know it in time (or when there is no time).
We married at 17. That was Sept 22, 1956. in three days that will be 64 years. If I don't do something VERY STUPID she will be with me until I die.

Most of our friends did not make it, their marriages did not last. I cannot explain WHY..... I just know my girl put up with a lot. followed me in the USMC, USAF, as a Pastor, as an atheist, as a Sailor, as a builder, and as a new renewed Christian. She is still here by my side. It takes one person who is willing to sacrifice when one is a loose cannon, but still a good guy. I wrote a book once trying to explain that, it is called, 'Why Not Forever?' Still 99 cents on Kindle. LOL

Anyway, Not sure of FOREVER, but what ever HE says in the end, Imma B Happy! Cool Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/19/20 8:23 pm

Post JLarry
51 years and counting.

Plans are to make it tot he end.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/22/20 10:34 am

Post No, Link, it's plain out cruel... Aaron Scott
Link wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

Don't say God is cruel. What awaits us is very great, and we will probably have a relationship with our spouses in the age to come if we are both Christian if not marriage.

And if marriage were forever, widows and widowers should not be allowed to remarry unless polygamy is also allowed.

My wife has had to put up with the bad-me for almost a quarter of a century. She is a Saint. I am a Saint--Bernard. And now, just when I get to where I exit my cocoon and become radiant...I am stolen from her!

That right there alone is enough reason to become a Mormon, who apparently believe that God is better than the God we believe in, since you get to stay together for all eternity.

Right now, I'm pretty sure my wife is just counting down the days until I kick the bucket, so she'll be free. But that's only because, at present, I'm someone that she--or anyone--would wish to be free of!

When I look around this site and see how REMARKABLY SORRY the rest of you guys are (Cojak excepted), I am absolutely certain that your wives cannot wait for either an asteroid strike, the Second Coming, or your death...whichever comes first.

While our wives--well, YOUR wives--are trapped in a life-long connection to your sorry selves, we get to enjoy their cooking, looks, personality, etc. But as soon as our--YOUR--long-suffering wives see you at your perfected best--POOF!--it's over.

After all that suffering, our wives never even get to see us at our best (with the possible exception of the first couple of months of marriage).

Now, if that ain't cruel--as cruel as Aztec human sacrifice--I don't know what is! And in most of your cases, it's even crueler than Aztec human sacrifices AND cannibalism. So there.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/22/20 2:19 pm

Post Cojak
QUOTE: She is a Saint. I am a Saint--Bernard. Spoken by Aaron. That may not be original, but the forst time I have heard it. I sure like it and will use it, that is for sure. I'm headed into my girl's bed to tell her.
Cool Smile

Update:
She laughed and I did get a kiss. Thanks Aaron, now back to the OP.... Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/23/20 9:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic