Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Look What the Lord Has Done!!!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Look What the Lord Has Done!!! Carolyn Smith
So...this past Wednesday (Sept 9) was 6 months since I was let go from a job I held for 23 years. (Two positions in the same company.) It's been a tough 6 months for most of us, especially with COVID limiting things even further. Losing my job also came on the heels of John being hospitalized three times within a six week period, and he was still recovering from a broken hip. With so many people out of work due to COVID, finding another job has been a challenge.

Last week, I received a call from someone at my former place of employment. I was astounded to find they were offering me a position doing what I used to do in a different area. It is a part time position as a Senior Secretary WITH benefits, the same (or close to) my former salary, and get this, NO INTERVIEW! The reason there is no interview is that losing my job was part of a "reduction in workforce" situation. I really need a full time position, but in my situation, the benefits are what I need more. I know God has a plan, and this is lining up with what we need. All of the decisions I've made so far make sense now (like not retiring yet.) I believe this will either become full time, or God will show me how to make up the difference financially.

Thanks to each of you that has offered encouragement and prayers or good thoughts over the last 6 months. Your comments and encouragement have been a tremendous help to me. I was given a generous severance package, and God has taken very good care of us during this time.

I got a call this Wednesday because someone at the company realized it was exactly six months since we were let go. They kicked it into high gear and got me and a couple of others in the same situation into Occ Health that day(!!!) and got the paperwork sent to us so we could do the virtual onboarding and a couple other things done, so that we would not lose our years of service. (This is a big deal, because it affects things like how much PTO we are eligible for and our being grandfathered into certain things.)

It was like watching a miracle unfold all day! Huge shout outs and thanks go to the three ladies in HR for making that happen!

Long story short...I start on Monday!!! Hallelujah!!!!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/11/20 5:05 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
PRAISE GOD!! Friendly Face
9/11/20 7:35 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Great stuff! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/12/20 2:45 am

Post FLRon
That’s God right there!!!
9/14/20 4:22 pm

Post georgiapath
If you see that nasty co-worker, I hope you thumb your nose at her. lol Acts-dicted
9/20/20 5:57 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
georgiapath wrote:
If you see that nasty co-worker, I hope you thumb your nose at her. lol

No, I will smile sweetly and heap some coals of fire on her head! LOL

Thankfully, I am nowhere close to that area now and my contact with her should be minimal. So happy to be out of that situation!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/20/20 8:59 pm

Post georgiapath
Carolyn Smith wrote:
georgiapath wrote:
If you see that nasty co-worker, I hope you thumb your nose at her. lol

No, I will smile sweetly and heap some coals of fire on her head! LOL

Thankfully, I am nowhere close to that area now and my contact with her should be minimal. So happy to be out of that situation!

Maybe that is a better idea, Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
9/21/20 4:06 am

Post Cojak
Great CArolyn! Wonderful news. Thanks for posting and may God bless you in the new (to you) position with LESS STRESS, yep HE is GOOD!
Love ya,
From Florida
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/23/20 9:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic