Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Kenneth Copeland & TBN

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Kenneth Copeland & TBN Carolyn Smith
I signed up to get Kenneth Copeland emails years ago and never stopped them. (I haven't followed his ministry in several years.) I got an email recently that might be of interest to you re: TBN. Link mentioned it in one of his posts. Thought I'd share it here so as not to hijack his thread.

To My Partners and Friends,

For 40 years, Kenneth Copeland Ministries has been privileged and honored to partner with TBN in preaching the gospel to the world! From the beginning of our friendship, the Crouch family has been a blessing to our ministry, and to Gloria and me personally.

How grateful we are for TBN founders, Dr. Paul and Jan Crouch, as well as for Matt and Laurie Crouch, who took the helm after Paul and Jan went to be with The LORD.

Recently, Matt let me know they believe The LORD is taking TBN in a new direction, and our daily program, Believer’s Voice of Victory (BVOV), isn’t really a fit for their future programming. Therefore, as of Oct. 2, 2020, the BVOV broadcast will longer air on TBN.

This is a big change, but one we are ready for because we understand change. In fact, the word of The LORD for 2020 is “New Visions, Manifest Power and GREAT Change”! And it’s coming to pass in full force here at Kenneth Copeland Ministries.

We are exploding with vision. We are experiencing His power, and we have embraced the greatest changes we have ever seen. Change is a good thing because everything that is alive changes in order to grow.

Growth at KCM means you can find our daily broadcast on more major media outlets than ever before. So, if you’ve been watching the BVOV broadcast on TBN, it will be easy to find us on one of our many other media locations—including our newest outlet, DIRECTV® Channel 314. Go to kcm.org/watchbvov to explore all the ways you can watch.

Even though change is happening all around us, some things remain the same. The BVOV broadcasts will continue to bring you The WORD of God to build your faith, so you can live in the abundance of love, health, prosperity and fellowship Jesus has provided.

Again, we bless TBN and all they set their hands to do for the Kingdom, and we remain their faithful family in the faith of The LORD Jesus!

JESUS IS LORD!

Kenneth Copeland

It will be interesting to see what the "new direction" is that TBN will be going.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/2/20 10:18 pm

Post Yeah, wife got the same letter. The old TBN with Paul and Jan caseyleejones
was really geared towards older people and that past generation. People change and organizations change to adapt.

I don't think the changes are right or wrong, it's just to reach the next generation. But I'm with you, it will be interesting to see what those changes are.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/3/20 5:59 am

Post Eddie Robbins
That was a classy e-mail. Acts-pert Poster
9/3/20 10:15 am

Post Link
I haven't seen more than a few minutes of TBN in years. But I hope they go in a more Biblically orthodox direction than what I have seen in the past. Acts-perienced Poster
9/3/20 1:58 pm

Post Not sure that's classy.... Aaron Scott
If you are leaving a job because they treated you badly, you typically don't write a burn-the-bridge letter. It's something more along the lines of "It has been a pleasure to work with you all...."

I'm not saying KCM's letter is indicating that, but it obviously would do damage to their PR if they got into a knife fight, so to speak.

It has to be DEEPLY disappointing to lose this media outlet.

Now, it could be that the new direction is such that, indeed, there is no place for preaching/teaching ministries. Or it could be that TBN felt that some of KCM's recent stuff (cornavirus) disqualified them in some way (although one would wonder why it didn't come up earlier).

Are they going out of Christian broadcasting in general? What ministry out there would have as much draw as KCM?
9/3/20 7:01 pm

Post Again, it really is not a big deal. KCM has their own channel on caseyleejones
DISH and they are getting ready to hit the DIRECTV market soon or already. It could very well have been mutual in a sense. Regardless, I don't think anyone should read anything into it. TBN is going a different direction. Maybe religious movies and shows who knows. Acts-perienced Poster
9/3/20 7:37 pm

Post I'm not sure what you mean by this. caseyleejones
Link wrote:
I haven't seen more than a few minutes of TBN in years. But I hope they go in a more Biblically orthodox direction than what I have seen in the past.

Biblical orthodoxy in my opinion was never the objective. They had a broad spectrum of ministers from Charles Stanley to TL Lowery...to CM Ward. Most every denomination was represented.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/3/20 7:40 pm

Post Re: Not sure that's classy.... Eddie Robbins
Aaron Scott wrote:
If you are leaving a job because they treated you badly, you typically don't write a burn-the-bridge letter. It's something more along the lines of "It has been a pleasure to work with you all...."

I'm not saying KCM's letter is indicating that, but it obviously would do damage to their PR if they got into a knife fight, so to speak.

It has to be DEEPLY disappointing to lose this media outlet.

Now, it could be that the new direction is such that, indeed, there is no place for preaching/teaching ministries. Or it could be that TBN felt that some of KCM's recent stuff (cornavirus) disqualified them in some way (although one would wonder why it didn't come up earlier).

Are they going out of Christian broadcasting in general? What ministry out there would have as much draw as KCM?

Had I written something negative, you probably would have argued with that too. Can’t win around here.
Acts-pert Poster
9/4/20 9:46 am

Post Eddie... Aaron Scott
I didn't mean to take issue with you, friend. In fact, over the last 10 years or so, I feel confident that you have possibly written something worthwhile (SMILE).

Seriously, I just thought there was one line that stood out to me:

Recently, Matt let me know they believe The LORD is taking TBN in a new direction, and our daily program, Believer’s Voice of Victory (BVOV), isn’t really a fit for their future programming. Therefore, as of Oct. 2, 2020, the BVOV broadcast will longer air on TBN.

Think how you would feel if you were a pastor or whatever, and the church said, "You aren't really a fit for the direction we're going."

That would absolutely hurt, don't you think?

To me, that sounded like the were being put out to pasture. Further, it must be the case that Copeland has to be one of the bigger draws on TBN, so it would not seem to be the best business-sense to drop him. So I wonder if there is something more.

Of course, it may simply be what it sound like--an amicable parting of the ways.
9/4/20 10:05 am

Post Re: Eddie... Eddie Robbins
Aaron Scott wrote:
I didn't mean to take issue with you, friend. In fact, over the last 10 years or so, I feel confident that you have possibly written something worthwhile (SMILE).

Think how you would feel if you were a pastor or whatever, and the church said, "You aren't really a fit for the direction we're going."

To me, that sounded like the were being put out to pasture. Further, it must be the case that Copeland has to be one of the bigger draws on TBN, so it would not seem to be the best business-sense to drop him. So I wonder if there is something more.

Of course, it may simply be what it sound like--an amicable parting of the ways.

That’s exactly the reason why it was classy. Copeland didn’t blast them for it. He was gracious.
Acts-pert Poster
9/4/20 12:44 pm

Post Re: Eddie... Carolyn Smith
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

That’s exactly the reason why it was classy. Copeland didn’t blast them for it. He was gracious.

A trait rarely seen among the Body today.
9/4/20 5:22 pm

Post I Know Exactly Why They Won't be on TBN FG Minister
Just look at how people start their posts on Actscelerate when they are posting about Copeland, Hagin, and even Perry Stone: "I haven't followed this ministry in a long time"; "I never watch his program"; "I don't agree with everything they say"; "I haven't watched them in years"... People don't want to be outed as watching these people.

The Copelands are on the fringe of Christianity and TBN doesn't want to be associated with the name it claim it crowd any longer. My fear is that TBN might swing the pendulum over to the Carlton Pearson camp where everybody is going to heaven. We'll wait and see. But let me say "I haven't watched TBN in years."
Acts-celerater
9/5/20 9:09 am

Post Curious JLarry
Don't watch either. But would like to know what direction they ate going.

I hope they don't follow Joel Osteens example. The way Joel changed the church from the direction his dad was going.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
9/5/20 10:05 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic