Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Tent Ministry

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Tent Ministry Link
I was thinking about a ministry or even kingdom-minded small business that rents out a tent for tent revivals. This could be preceded by an evangelism training course. Seasons preachers could preacher, but I was thinking more of a ministry that gave people with a heart for evangelism who sense a call to the ministry to have an opportunity to minister in a tent revival for real evangelism.

How do you get unbelievers to come out to hear the gospel, not just Christians who have a sense of nostalgia about a tent revival?
Acts-perienced Poster
8/26/20 4:46 pm

Post Link... Aaron Scott
My friend, I wish it were the case that tent revivals were still popular. Alas, they are a dying event.

Most tent revivals I see today--the VERY FEW that are even out there--are often poorly attended, often set up in rural, out of the way places.

Oral Roberts, T.L. Lowery, and R.W. Schambach could fill tents--big ones. But the perception of tent revival nowadays is more akin to a traveling medicine show. That is, it is often perceived that the evangelist has not real oversight of his ministry...which always gives pastors pause.

At the same time, I would LOVE for tents to make a comeback. Get the right preachers preaching it, have anointed services, and it will draw people.

I wish I could be more encouraging, but evangelism has largely gone the way of tent revivals (at least in the Church of God, where the emphasis on evangelism is not as strong as it was in decades past. I would say that the late 80s and the 90s were kind of turning point (downward) for what we have traditionally called evangelism/revivals.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/27/20 7:02 am

Post Link
The idea would be to fill the tent with unbelievers, of course. I notice churches get lots of families and kids to come out for candy, games, and Christian themed stuff on Halloween night. Some people are stir crazy and aren't too concerned about COVID-19 who might come out to some community event. That's one angle that may appeal more in 'red state' areas. A kind of peace rally themed around evangelism is another thought. No false advertizing, of course, but a theme that draws people. Acts-perienced Poster
8/27/20 7:12 am

Post Cojak
I wish I knew, but especially those in the position of authority could give you an answer.
My dad used the tent at every church he pastored, and it worked. BUT maybe it was 'The Day'.

Funny thing, his tent was small, probably 30x60. But for the life of me I cannot remember moving it from church to church. Our house hold goods took up the whole trailer and I know the tent would have been more than our personal stuff.
The poles alone and car axles that were used for tying it down would have been a ton.

I loved the tent, the sawdust/shavings, and the smell of canvas. They must have built a platform for every revival!

I liked Aaron's comment. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/27/20 10:18 am

Post JLarry
I have a friend who was just given a tent that seats 700 people. He has had tents for decades.

He said most pastors now don't use Evangelist. I can understand that. Seems like the old days of revival have ceased.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
8/28/20 2:35 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
There's a young man here in ENC that had a tent revival recently and he is joining with three other ministers to have another one in September. He just purchased his first tent.

https://www.facebook.com/garrettmarchantministries/ if you want to check out his ministry.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/28/20 3:08 pm

Post Link
Thanks Carolyn. Acts-perienced Poster
8/29/20 12:49 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic