Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Kevin Wallace's Church (RTTN)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Kevin Wallace's Church (RTTN) Carolyn Smith
I know some of you are dying to know what is happening at Kevin Wallace's church in Chattanooga, Redemption to the Nations, so I thought I'd fill you in on that before any rumors are started.

Kevin Wallace announced on Facebook this week that some of his staff have been diagnosed with COVID 19, so they have voluntarily decided to go to online services tonight (a planned prayer meeting) and the following two Sundays, August 2 and August 9. They were not asked by anyone to do this, they have chosen to do this to keep their people safe.) They will regroup at some point and decide when they will go back to live services in the sanctuary.

He also stated they have been using all the recommended means of keeping people safe, including hand sanitizer stations throughout, social distancing, and I think he said masks, also (though of course, they are not required for speakers/singers on stage.) They are also deep cleaning the building and have some kind of sanitizing system that runs through the vent system (I think) that also sanitizes the whole building to help keep things safe.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/31/20 9:20 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Deep cleaning the building is nice. I guess it makes people feel better. That’s not how the virus moves around. If you sit in a building even with masks on and even at a distance and there is a super carrier in the crowd, the virus will get into the ventilation system and effect everyone to prone to get the virus. I don’t understand how some get it and others don’t but I do know it gets in the air and lingers. That is why it hits people in church so strongly. At Westmore, there were probably 100 people who got the virus. I know of at least 5 couples where one spouse got it and the other didn’t. I don’t understand that. My sister was one of those. Not only did her husband and daughter get it at the same place she was, she lived in the house with him while he was sick for 2 weeks and helped her daughter as well. She never got it and she is a 75 year old diabetic. Some people just don’t get it. Back to the point. It gets in the air in closed on spaces and it effects all that are prone.

God bless Kevin Wallace and I pray he uses wisdom.
Acts-pert Poster
8/1/20 11:22 am

Post Is a deep cleaning necessary? I read somewhere that CV caseyleejones
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Deep cleaning the building is nice. I guess it makes people feel better. That’s not how the virus moves around. If you sit in a building even with masks on and even at a distance and there is a super carrier in the crowd, the virus will get into the ventilation system and effect everyone to prone to get the virus. I don’t understand how some get it and others don’t but I do know it gets in the air and lingers. That is why it hits people in church so strongly. At Westmore, there were probably 100 people who got the virus. I know of at least 5 couples where one spouse got it and the other didn’t. I don’t understand that. My sister was one of those. Not only did her husband and daughter get it at the same place she was, she lived in the house with him while he was sick for 2 weeks and helped her daughter as well. She never got it and she is a 75 year old diabetic. Some people just don’t get it. Back to the point. It gets in the air in closed on spaces and it effects all that are prone.

God bless Kevin Wallace and I pray he uses wisdom.

will only last 24 hours on many surfaces. If you vacate the building say. 72 hours, does that not make it innocuous? That would be simpler and cheaper than deep cleaning. I don't know.
Acts-perienced Poster
8/1/20 11:39 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Casey, that's my understanding as well. No disrespect to Wallace, but it's safety theater. No disrespect to him because the publication of info here has not been good and many are doing this exact thing.

The only solution is not bringing large crowds together to begin with. I echo Eddie's prayers and especially so for those who are infected, that they swiftly recover with no lasting injuries.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/1/20 12:53 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I may not have said it correctly. He said they are doing all the CDC recommends, and I know deep cleaning is a part of what we are doing and is recommended. So I probably assumed that part. He said they are using a sanitizing fogger after every service, whatever that means.

I have heard the same thing about people who were obviously exposed not getting the virus. A friend of mine took a trip with others who later became positive for COVID but she never got sick. Sure would help if they understood how this part works! Glad your sister is OK, Eddie.
8/1/20 4:01 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Carolyn Smith wrote:
I may not have said it correctly. He said they are doing all the CDC recommends, and I know deep cleaning is a part of what we are doing and is recommended. So I probably assumed that part. He said they are using a sanitizing fogger after every service, whatever that means.

I have heard the same thing about people who were obviously exposed not getting the virus. A friend of mine took a trip with others who later became positive for COVID but she never got sick. Sure would help if they understood how this part works! Glad your sister is OK, Eddie.

Thank you. Me too. My niece, her daughter. Was hospitalized and it was touch and go for awhile. My other niece on that side lost her step father to the virus from the same church service, which I believe to be the Campmeeting on Monday night. Just my speculation.
Acts-pert Poster
8/1/20 5:40 pm

Post FLRon
At our church we try very hard to maintain the six foot distance requirements. We had to totally revamp our sanctuary seating to accomplish this.

We stopped having Sunday night service because of the cleaning requirements, choosing instead to stay away until Wednesday night service. So far we are doing well. Attendance is up almost weekly, which presents another issue in that we can only accommodate about 80 people while keeping the six foot distance requirements. We could have a lot more and stay within the 50% guideline, but not keep them six feet apart. So we do the best we can do and pray this all ends soon.
8/1/20 8:53 pm

Post Faith and wisdom are companions, not enemies KevinWallace
In some situations it is wisdom to pause on in church gatherings. In some situations it is wisdom to be online. It is also wisdom to be in community and among the people of God when possible, albeit honoring the safety and well being of other brothers and sisters in the body by following cdc guidelines and doing all we can to keep each other safe.

We had two folk in our leadership team test positive last week. Everyone is doing well, one was a asymptomatic. Thankfully To God we have not seen a break out in our church.

The sanitation process is more than safety theater. Anyone who truly understands the operation of the virus understands that surfaces matter. Equally the air matters. I think a church should take every precaution to protect its people. I also think the church should take every opportunity to conduct services.

Having church together is not a matter of conviction or opinion. It is a matter of community and New Testament principle. I believe it is important to be together when wisdom says it possible. To suggest that sitting at home and being alone while worshipping Jesus is the new normal is really unbelievable. To suggest that we throw wisdom out the window and ignore the realities of the virus spread in the name of faith seems equally bizarre. Faith and wisdom are companions.

I have decided after prayer we will make weekly decisions as to our gatherings. I will not be tied to the pressure of making long term decisions and accommodating the feelings of defeat when we have to adjust our weekly schedule. Communication will be key. Gathering info to help us make wise decisions will be essential. Everyone wants to get back to normal long term calendars. That isn’t possible for us if we are going to exercise both faith and wisdom in this season.

So when it is safe we will be together and when the caring shepherds of our church are aware of a threat of spread we will move our operation online. This is the most unconventional thing we’ve ever done. But then again these are unconventional times.

I enjoy reading and listening to all the critics in the world who have no weight of deciding on their shoulders. Pray for leaders. They carry much in this season.

If this post doesn’t fit on a particular side of this issue then I achieved the balance for which I seek. Blessings. [/img]
8/2/20 3:44 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Great post.

Godly wisdom.

www.spwc.church
8/2/20 4:37 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
No one here criticized you. Multiple people said they are praying for you and your staff.

It is a very hard situation for any pastor. I wish you the best.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/2/20 5:10 pm

Post Re: Faith and wisdom are companions, not enemies Eddie Robbins
KevinWallace wrote:
In some situations it is wisdom to pause on in church gatherings. In some situations it is wisdom to be online. It is also wisdom to be in community and among the people of God when possible, albeit honoring the safety and well being of other brothers and sisters in the body by following cdc guidelines and doing all we can to keep each other safe.

We had two folk in our leadership team test positive last week. Everyone is doing well, one was a asymptomatic. Thankfully To God we have not seen a break out in our church.

The sanitation process is more than safety theater. Anyone who truly understands the operation of the virus understands that surfaces matter. Equally the air matters. I think a church should take every precaution to protect its people. I also think the church should take every opportunity to conduct services.

Having church together is not a matter of conviction or opinion. It is a matter of community and New Testament principle. I believe it is important to be together when wisdom says it possible. To suggest that sitting at home and being alone while worshipping Jesus is the new normal is really unbelievable. To suggest that we throw wisdom out the window and ignore the realities of the virus spread in the name of faith seems equally bizarre. Faith and wisdom are companions.

I have decided after prayer we will make weekly decisions as to our gatherings. I will not be tied to the pressure of making long term decisions and accommodating the feelings of defeat when we have to adjust our weekly schedule. Communication will be key. Gathering info to help us make wise decisions will be essential. Everyone wants to get back to normal long term calendars. That isn’t possible for us if we are going to exercise both faith and wisdom in this season.

So when it is safe we will be together and when the caring shepherds of our church are aware of a threat of spread we will move our operation online. This is the most unconventional thing we’ve ever done. But then again these are unconventional times.

I enjoy reading and listening to all the critics in the world who have no weight of deciding on their shoulders. Pray for leaders. They carry much in this season.

If this post doesn’t fit on a particular side of this issue then I achieved the balance for which I seek. Blessings. [/img]

I admire your leadership. I think you know that. I am praying every day for this virus to be eradicated.
Acts-pert Poster
8/2/20 5:37 pm

Post Belieber
Dave Dorsey wrote:
No one here criticized you. Multiple people said they are praying for you and your staff.

Instead of wishing him the best, why don't you pray for him? Or would that be too Christian like for you?
Hey, DOC
8/4/20 10:27 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Belieber wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Instead of wishing him the best, why don't you pray for him? Or would that be too Christian like for you?

Do you mean like when I said, "I echo Eddie's prayers and especially so for those who are infected, that they swiftly recover with no lasting injuries."

Would recommend you check the tone you use to interact here if you'd like to continue doing so. The last sentence of your post was over the line. This is your one and only warning.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/4/20 10:33 am

Post Belieber
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Belieber wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Do you mean like when I said, "I echo Eddie's prayers and especially so for those who are infected, that they swiftly recover with no lasting injuries."

Would recommend you check the tone you use to interact here if you'd like to continue doing so. The last sentence of your post was over the line. This is your one and only warning.

I dont need to check my tone or anything. What are you going to do, ban me from this lame site? You're a fat loser anyway.
Hey, DOC
8/5/20 12:23 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Belieber wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Belieber wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:

I dont need to check my tone or anything. What are you going to do, ban me from this lame site? You're a fat loser anyway.

Goodbye, Belieber!
8/5/20 12:43 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Kevin, my sincere apologies that this has taken place in your thread. I expect we will be able to get back to the topic now. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/5/20 2:03 am

Post Preacher777
Kevin, thanks for sharing your wisdom and great advice about seeking God as an individual Church when navigating through this Covid-19 thing. I believe we need to be careful when criticizing whether a particular Church opens or closes at this time. God does not always lead every pastor and shirts to do the same thing. I do believe God can so when Pastor the danger ahead if they open while giving and other pastor and leaders in the same city the green light. Friendly Face
8/5/20 8:34 am

Post Observation..... caseyleejones
Quote:
Instead of wishing him the best, why don't you pray for him?

from the same poster....

Quote:
You're a fat loser anyway.
Acts-perienced Poster
8/5/20 11:38 am

Post Dave, I don't know who Belieber is, but she is WAY over the line. Aaron Scott
Dave, I don't want you to feel bad. I'm a fat loser too. (SMILE)

Seriously, I hope Belieber doesn't kiss her husband with that mouth.

As you know, Dave, I despise you and other liberals, but so help me, I'LL DO MY OWN INSULTING--and I won't abide it coming from any other sources!

(Hope you can tell what is jest and what isn't.)

I was thinking, though, that if I were the devil (which would make Belieber my grandmother), I would LOOK for churches that are having services, and I would attend and SUE if I caught COVID-19. Yes, that's taking a risk with my own health, but since relatively few die from it, it might be worth it.

It's is for sure I wouldn't attend some micro-church in hope of striking it rich.

I'm just saying. If nothing else, we need to make sure that, despite all the precautions a church takes, we have some sort of disclaimer, such as, "Although we have tried to take every reasonable precaution, we cannot be responsible for the spread of COVID-19. You attend at your own risk."

As for ME, I'm heading to Disney World in the hopes of catching it! That way I can be a billionaire. Of course, I'll have to wait until December, since it's WAY TOO HOT to go to Disney in the Florida summer...and those with limited brainpower fail to understand.
8/5/20 12:11 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Aaron, whatever our disagreements, you and I will always have three things in common:

We are brothers in Christ

We are loved

We are fat losers

Love you bro. Laughing
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/5/20 12:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic