Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

More Churches for sale in Ilinois ???

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post More Churches for sale in Ilinois ??? sadlytrue77
Are more properties being sold or is that just rumor?

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
7/29/20 10:23 am

Post Cojak
I wonder, could you buy one and reopen it? Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/29/20 8:31 pm

Post Rocky J
Gotta fund the State Office. Oh yeah, they sold that too.
I recall one of our choice men in the state who has since passed away asking the question several years ago "Can you close a state?" I reflect on that question often these days. No wonder so many of my fellow ministers have abandoned this sinking ship over the last few years and gone independent.
7/30/20 9:33 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is “for sale,” not, “for sell.” Just sayin’. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/30/20 11:07 am

Post revuriah
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It is “for sale,” not, “for sell.” Just sayin’.

I actually thought the same thing, QW. Maybe we can start a grammar police ministry.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
7/30/20 12:56 pm

Post churches for sale in Illinois rickfowler
Of course there are. In fact there are probably churches for sale in every place the COG is doing ministry. It is the natural ebb and flow of ministry. Every church in existence starts and depending on who you read somewhere between 6000 to 10,000 churches close every year. I know that the COG is no exception and we have our fair share in that number. The thing that bothers me about the post is not are churches for sale in Illinois but it's the implication that the money is being spent to prop up the State Office. Now as someone who knows the answer is yes churches are being sold. Oh just in case anyone is interested churches are being opened as well. The answer to is the sale of churches propping up the State Office the answer to that is NO. I have spoken before about the challenges of doing ministry in a state with a declining population, last year 45,000 people left Illinois many for tax relief. I applaud our State Bishop and his leadership. Every time a church is sold or listed for sale he opens himself to criticism and yet he and the State Council seek to continually do their best for the ministry of the COG in Illinois. Friendly Face
7/31/20 8:31 pm

Post FLRon
Rick Whitter is faced with an enormous task by trying to build up a state in the strangleholds of corruption, violence, and declining population. From everything I can tell he has a heart for Illinois so I for one am praying the Lord uses him to turn that state around. I mean, why not?
8/1/20 9:05 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
I really have no dog in this hunt but felt compelled to come on and say something when I was told about this post. To be clear, I've had issues myself with the AB in the past, but this is an unfair attack. I know that some of these churches had nothing left of their congregations and the buildings were money pits. Selling them was the right thing to do rather than let them be a drain on the state or try to bring someone into a really bad situation to try to pastor a church that has been on life support and needs to be unplugged. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/1/20 11:29 pm

Post sadlytrue77
Darrell Garrett wrote:
I really have no dog in this hunt but felt compelled to come on and say something when I was told about this post. To be clear, I've had issues myself with the AB in the past, but this is an unfair attack.

Don't remember attackin any one. I placed no blame on the overseer.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
8/3/20 9:44 am

Post Churches for Sale 4thgeneration
It happens. Churches have life cycles and at times a church's effective ability to do ministry in a community ceases to exist. If an overseer can find a pastor willing to try to relaunch, or perhaps a church willing to come alongside and support a relaunch, it is possible to recreate a life giving ministry where the former had dried up on the vine.
I thought of this, how many of the NT churches, or the churches in Revelation are in existence today? And yet, the church is going forward still and growing worldwide as the gospel is being preached. Churches at specific locations may cease to function, and their property be sold, but the church goes forward. And sometimes the sale of those properties helps with funding the continuation of the church in more effective ways.

I'm not, have never been, and never intend to be an overseer. But as a pastor, D.O. and council member I have worked alongside them in this process many times through the years. It is a necessary part of leading forward.

Just my O!
Acts Enthusiast
8/3/20 9:59 am

Post Darrell Garrett
sadlytrue77 wrote:
Darrell Garrett wrote:
I really have no dog in this hunt but felt compelled to come on and say something when I was told about this post. To be clear, I've had issues myself with the AB in the past, but this is an unfair attack.

I never said you did, but you might consider reading the other posts where there is an attack. I probably should have just kept my distance from this place because it is always the same old thing.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/3/20 10:02 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Darrell Garrett wrote:
sadlytrue77 wrote:
Darrell Garrett wrote:

I never said you did, but you might consider reading the other posts where there is an attack. I probably should have just kept my distance from this place because it is always the same old thing.

Sent you a PM.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/3/20 10:59 pm

Post georgiapath
revuriah wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It is “for sale,” not, “for sell.” Just sayin’.

I actually thought the same thing, QW. Maybe we can start a grammar police ministry.

Me too Laughing Laughing

Who was it that used to be on the board that corrected everything anybody posted? I once told her she should be a school teacher, she would have a lot of fun at that.
Acts-dicted
8/4/20 8:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic