Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

AB Appointments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: RE: SouthGeorgiaBoy
LonghornFan wrote:
Rick Metzgar Jr wrote:
Why do you suggest Alabama or Ohio? Couldn't those 2 Overseers come from other states too? I will say openly that I don't like that states like ours in Delmarva and others always have to be succumbed to Alabama or Georgia. We've got some of the highest qualified larger church Pastors here in Delmarva DC who I'd love to see a few of those guys go out to be Overseers.

I was referencing two specific pastors who are obviously moving into overseers. I don’t think overseer work would be a “promotion” for either. These two pastors I am hearing would be great overseers. You mentioned Georgia. When is the last time an overseer was appointed from Georgia? Hasn’t it been over 20 years?

Hal Thompson from North Georgia was appointed in 2008
Tommy Powell from South Georgia was appointed in 2012
Acts Enthusiast
6/4/20 6:11 pm

Post RE: Rick Metzgar Jr
Let me say I love Bishop Powell. I'd love to see him on the E.C. one day. I'm sure soon that will happen in the coming 2/4 years.

I'd love to see Bishop Sulcer or Bishop Mike McDermott from DelMarVa-DC area get popped into an Overseer role, or Andy Stevens. All 3 of those leaders helped us all tremendously every single Monday night on Zoom with meetings and helping us all during this Covid-19 outbreak. And we had the brunt of it, we are still locked down in Baltimore region.
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
6/13/20 7:17 pm

Post Re: RE: MrSippi
Rick Metzgar Jr wrote:
Let me say I love Bishop Powell. I'd love to see him on the E.C. one day. I'm sure soon that will happen in the coming 2/4 years.

I'd love to see Bishop Sulcer or Bishop Mike McDermott from DelMarVa-DC area get popped into an Overseer role, or Andy Stevens. All 3 of those leaders helped us all tremendously every single Monday night on Zoom with meetings and helping us all during this Covid-19 outbreak. And we had the brunt of it, we are still locked down in Baltimore region.

I would expect that in addition to some state youth directors, that the next batch of administrative bishops will be among names like McGlamery, Clardy, Smith, Ballinger, Lee, Jeter, Shrade, and Leondhart.

Our next Executive Committee names will come from names like Stewart, Dobbins, Johnson, Lewis, and Madden
Friendly Face
6/18/20 3:45 pm

Post AdamJ
So are we going to be stuck 2 more years? Hey, DOC
7/14/20 3:14 pm

Post RE: Rick Metzgar Jr
No Way T. Stewart would become an Overseer. I actually see him skipping that role, and going right onto the E.C. and his wife being the Pastor of City Life and them sharing the Pastorate while he just travels back and forth. I think that's a make sense move. Golf Cart Mafia Associate
7/14/20 4:23 pm

Post Re: RE: MrSippi
Rick Metzgar Jr wrote:
No Way T. Stewart would become an Overseer. I actually see him skipping that role, and going right onto the E.C. and his wife being the Pastor of City Life and them sharing the Pastorate while he just travels back and forth. I think that's a make sense move.

I think that is exactly what I said. Guys like K. McGlamery, D. Smith, M. Leonhardt, J. Jeter, T. Ballinger, will be the next generation of state overseers. You can write those names down.
Friendly Face
7/14/20 5:28 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
AdamJ wrote:
So are we going to be stuck 2 more years?

Yes, it appears so. Bishop Hill addressed this not too long ago in a post and/or announcement about General Assembly being canceled and the decisions the International Executive Council had made resulting from that.

Maybe you should consider looking outside your state. Wink
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/14/20 7:40 pm

Post AdamJ
Might as well put a nail in our coffin. Hey, DOC
7/29/20 8:25 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic