Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

God Tells Kevin Wallace, “Let’s Have Church,” Yet 30 Miles Away...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post God Tells Kevin Wallace, “Let’s Have Church,” Yet 30 Miles Away... MissTex
God tells Kelvin Page, “Shut it down; online experience only.”

Furthermore, in Bishop Page’s social media communique, he says, “I missed it,” yet he stated he sought the Lord and felt that God was saying, “now is the time to open back up.” Of course this is referencing when Westmore first opened back up after quarantine.
7/11/20 4:17 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
You couldn't miss a chance to take a dig at Kevin Wallace, could you? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/11/20 4:35 pm

Post First off, who is Kevin Wallace? Criticizing another poster caseyleejones
or official under a pen name lacks character. I am under a pen name, some know me. Still I don't use this forum to attack people. Acts-perienced Poster
7/11/20 5:28 pm

Post Re: First off, who is Kevin Wallace? Criticizing another poster Carolyn Smith
caseyleejones wrote:
or official under a pen name lacks character. I am under a pen name, some know me. Still I don't use this forum to attack people.

Kevin Wallace pastors a large church in Chattanooga (about 30 miles from Cleveland.) He was well known in the COG, preached at Winterfest and campmeetings, but he decided to leave the denomination a few years ago. He is an awesome minister and has a wonderful church, but some folks don't care for him much since he left the COG.

I have watched many of his online messages and they have been a blessing to me. I also attended the Ruach conference at his church last October, and it was amazing. You can check out the church online at Redemption to the Nations, and you can watch their videos on Youtube for free. They also have amazing worship!

7/11/20 6:05 pm

Post Re: First off, who is Kevin Wallace? Criticizing another poster Rafael D Martinez
caseyleejones wrote:
or official under a pen name lacks character. I am under a pen name, some know me. Still I don't use this forum to attack people.

That's a laugh.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
7/12/20 10:48 pm

Post I have to admit something...I haven't been praying at all about when to open back up or close down... Aaron Scott
Yes, I certainly am open to any particular leading the Lord would give me, but just as I don't pray about obeying the speed limit...or not playing with matches...or jumping of the top of the temple...neither do I pray about coronavirus except for the Lord to protect us.

Good and decent men of God can feel differently about things. It is not fear to exert due caution...and it is not faith to throw caution to the wind.

Every pastor must weight the particulars of their church and their heart in this matter. For instance, if you have a church of older people--i.e., those who are especially at risk for COVID-19--you might make a different timetable for opening up than for the church that has all 20 or 30somethings.

I closed/opened our church based on what others in the area were doing. If my regional bishop felt it was a good idea to close down for a short season, it just confirmed my own feelings on the matter.

I heard some churches were planning to reopen on May 17th, so I figured that would be a reasonable time considering how the pandemic seemed to be under control at that point. So we opened back up (I know some churches opened up 2-3 weeks later).

Everyone stayed with us through the storm. One dear elderly lady moved to Georgia during that time (a moved she had planned from some time), but other than that, everyone is still with us.

Unless God gave you a SPECIFIC word to open or to close, then the best you can do is try to make the wisest choice you know to make.
7/13/20 11:12 am

Post Re: First off, who is Kevin Wallace? Criticizing another poster caseyleejones
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

That's a laugh.

I am sorry for those areas I might have offended you. This was many years ago that you and I tangled and you will see that as far as I can tell, it hasn't happened in years regarding me.

Last edited by caseyleejones on 7/13/20 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-perienced Poster
7/13/20 6:03 pm

Post Re: First off, who is Kevin Wallace? Criticizing another poster caseyleejones
Carolyn Smith wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

Kevin Wallace pastors a large church in Chattanooga (about 30 miles from Cleveland.) He was well known in the COG, preached at Winterfest and campmeetings, but he decided to leave the denomination a few years ago. He is an awesome minister and has a wonderful church, but some folks don't care for him much since he left the COG.

I have watched many of his online messages and they have been a blessing to me. I also attended the Ruach conference at his church last October, and it was amazing. You can check out the church online at Redemption to the Nations, and you can watch their videos on Youtube for free. They also have amazing worship!

You can tell I'm not COG. Thanks Carolyn.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/13/20 6:04 pm

Post Re: First off, who is Kevin Wallace? Criticizing another poster Carolyn Smith
caseyleejones wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
caseyleejones wrote:

You can tell I'm not COG. Thanks Carolyn.

It was widely discussed back when it all happened, and Kevin Wallace (who used to post here mostly before I was here) even came on here and addressed it. I guess I thought you were around then. His answer as to why he left the COG was pretty much, "God said to." Amazing how something so simple couldn't be accepted by so many.
7/14/20 7:46 pm

Post Re: I have to admit something...I haven't been praying at all about when to open back up or close down... Carolyn Smith
Aaron Scott wrote:
Yes, I certainly am open to any particular leading the Lord would give me, but just as I don't pray about obeying the speed limit...or not playing with matches...or jumping of the top of the temple...neither do I pray about coronavirus except for the Lord to protect us.

Good and decent men of God can feel differently about things. It is not fear to exert due caution...and it is not faith to throw caution to the wind.

Every pastor must weight the particulars of their church and their heart in this matter. For instance, if you have a church of older people--i.e., those who are especially at risk for COVID-19--you might make a different timetable for opening up than for the church that has all 20 or 30somethings.

I closed/opened our church based on what others in the area were doing. If my regional bishop felt it was a good idea to close down for a short season, it just confirmed my own feelings on the matter.

I heard some churches were planning to reopen on May 17th, so I figured that would be a reasonable time considering how the pandemic seemed to be under control at that point. So we opened back up (I know some churches opened up 2-3 weeks later).

Everyone stayed with us through the storm. One dear elderly lady moved to Georgia during that time (a moved she had planned from some time), but other than that, everyone is still with us.

Unless God gave you a SPECIFIC word to open or to close, then the best you can do is try to make the wisest choice you know to make.

I think this is something that all pastors need to decide based on what God is showing them, what their state says, and what their overseer advises. The state governments and overseers have been straightforward in their caution and response. TN, unfortunately, has not had any restrictions from their state government (as I understand it.)

Our church is small and has been having in house services since mid-June. We are practicing hand hygiene and social distancing, taking temps before you enter the building, and masks are recommended, but not required. We are still doing online services. Our pastor has commented how challenging this time is with all the decisions to be made.
7/14/20 7:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic