Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What's wrong with cars running over protesters who try to stop them from lawful roads, etc.?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What's wrong with cars running over protesters who try to stop them from lawful roads, etc.? Aaron Scott
I have to admit, that every time I see a video of protesters crowding around a vehicle to stop it from lawfully proceeding, I don't have a lot of pity if someone gets bumped pretty hard for acting stupid.

To stop can invite violence. To proceed too slowly means that your vehicle will be bashed, scratched, dented, etc.

What say you?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/29/20 8:48 am

Post sheepdogandy
My cousin's husband is a long haul trucker.

He will run them over.

Without hesitation.

There are safer ways of protesting.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/29/20 11:37 am

Post It's not that I WANT anyone to get hurt, but... Aaron Scott
But if you are determined to impede progress--even to the point of violence or destroying someone's property--I'm just thinking that that is the epitome of survival of the fittest. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/29/20 12:33 pm

Post skinnybishop
What is a driver supposed to do, when surrounded by a mob?

Of course the best course of action is avoid potentially dangerous areas. But that not always possible.

What is a driver supposed to do, when surrounded by people throwing bricks, jumping on the hood, and trying to destroy the vehicle.

I think in that case, you have to defend yourself, in any way possible.
6/29/20 2:32 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
If the people blocking the road are putting the driver at risk, as skinnybishop described, then you absolutely have to do what you have to do to protect yourself. If there's any way it can be avoided of course it should be -- for example, reversing before they are able to get to you and speeding back in the other direction. But if you are in danger and have no other options, you have to do what you have to do.

But if the protesters are just standing in the road, blocking traffic? And not approaching or attacking any vehicles? Running them over is attempted murder. They're committing a crime, but the fact that they're making you late doesn't give you license to try to kill them.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/30/20 3:14 pm

Post You run them over...you will be having a bad life.... caseyleejones
I have instructed my family that if you see a protest blockage etc.....turn around and get out of that situation.

That said, if protesters surround your car and are beating on it and shaking it, that poses a bodily risk and harm. Courts have upheld that if in this scenario, you will be fine but those beating on your car will be charged for any injuries or death.

Do your best to avoid.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/1/20 8:38 am

Post skinnybishop
Dave Dorsey wrote:
If the people blocking the road are putting the driver at risk, as skinnybishop described, then you absolutely have to do what you have to do to protect yourself. If there's any way it can be avoided of course it should be -- for example, reversing before they are able to get to you and speeding back in the other direction. But if you are in danger and have no other options, you have to do what you have to do.

But if the protesters are just standing in the road, blocking traffic? And not approaching or attacking any vehicles? Running them over is attempted murder. They're committing a crime, but the fact that they're making you late doesn't give you license to try to kill them.

Absolutely agree.
7/1/20 9:08 am

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:

Common sense as usual.

I have a habit of putting myself in someone else's shoes. Since the beginnings of violent protests I have pictured the police responding to a 'simple emergency call' and immediately find them selves completely surrounded with a crowd banging and rocking the car trying to turn it over. I ask myself actually what would I do? I do know that a car will not run over 15 people, I do know in a case of the car going back or forward it would eventually stall. Just the idea scares me.
The post is a good question.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/5/20 11:57 am

Post "no go areas" Mat
Some countries, like France, have "no go areas", where police and citizens alike just don't travel through. Outside of Paris are some "project" full of muslin immigrants. The police and most citizens just avoid these areas.

My wife was raised in Detroit in the 1960s - 70s, and her family knew there were just areas white people did not go, like the Cass Corridor. You did not want to be there day or night.

For a couple of years she played Basketball in High School - when playing at schools like Cooley, Munford and Henry Ford, her team would put on their uniforms at their school (Redford) and ride the team bus to the other team's school. They went strait to the court, never the restroom or locker room, and as soon as the game ended, they ran to the bus.

Most of us know there are "no go areas", but should you be caught in your car during a riot, before you run anybody down trying to escape, make sure your car is banged up, including cracked and broken windows, so that you can clearly point to you being in fear for your and your family's lives. Otherwise the car is a weapon in the eyes of the Law.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
7/6/20 11:31 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic