Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Good bye!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Good bye! The COG Apostle
I have watched this forum go from a place of discussing theology and Church of God issues to a place where racist posts are the norm. I have had enough.

Last edited by The COG Apostle on 6/10/20 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerater
6/8/20 7:09 am

Post Re: Good bye! Carolyn Smith
The COG Apostle wrote:
I have watched this forum go from a place of discussing theology and Church of God rumors to a place where racists posts are the norm. I have had enough.

I wish you wouldn't leave. I am just tired of arguing about it. You would think folks would take the hint.

I wasn't sure what your post of "Always!" meant.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/8/20 8:00 am

Post Re: Good bye! Resident Skeptic
Carolyn Smith wrote:
The COG Apostle wrote:
I have watched this forum go from a place of discussing theology and Church of God rumors to a place where racists posts are the norm. I have had enough.

I wish you wouldn't leave. I am just tired of arguing about it. You would think folks would take the hint.

I wasn't sure what your post of "Always!" meant.

CoG Apostle is guilty of slander and character assassination. He should repent. There have been no racists posts on here, nor have racists ever been defended. Like too many Pentecostals, he is believing a false narrative, for whatever reason.
6/8/20 10:11 am

Post UncleJD
Isn't it embarrassing to think you're so important as to warrant a grand exit? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/8/20 12:19 pm

Post What Grand Exit. Amonine
I thought he was just telling the forum why he was leaving. As a Pastor, I thought it was always common courtesy when a parishioner told me why they were leaving the church. Member
6/8/20 3:23 pm

Post Re: What Grand Exit. Resident Skeptic
Amonine wrote:
I thought he was just telling the forum why he was leaving. As a Pastor, I thought it was always common courtesy when a parishioner told me why they were leaving the church.

It is also the spiritually mature thing before leaving a church to have first attempted to reconcile with those you might be in disagreement with rather than publically voicing your grievance against them on the way out.
6/8/20 3:43 pm

Post Maybe take a break from Acts... roughridercog
And come back when you wish. Many of us have done it. Be well.
6/8/20 3:54 pm

Post Re: Good bye! caseyleejones
The COG Apostle wrote:

Yeah, COG rumors ...that's where the action is.... Shocked
Acts-perienced Poster
6/8/20 4:24 pm

Post Re: What Grand Exit. Carolyn Smith
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Amonine wrote:
I thought he was just telling the forum why he was leaving. As a Pastor, I thought it was always common courtesy when a parishioner told me why they were leaving the church.

It is also the spiritually mature thing before leaving a church to have first attempted to reconcile with those you might be in disagreement with rather than publically voicing your grievance against them on the way out.

Yes, that's almost as spiritually mature as your telling him in another thread that he has a screw loose. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/8/20 4:41 pm

Post Re: What Grand Exit. Resident Skeptic
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Amonine wrote:

Yes, that's almost as spiritually mature as your telling him in another thread that he has a screw loose. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You really equate jabbing at someone over slanderous comments is being the same as making those slanderous comments? If someone is slandering, saying they have a screw loose is mild.

I'm very mild compared to the Apostles:

"Oh FOOL-ish Galatians" (Galatians 3:1)

"“And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?”" (Acts 13:10)
6/8/20 6:25 pm

Post Re: What Grand Exit. UncleJD
Amonine wrote:

Something like this "Hey Pastor, I'm out! I'm done! You are a bunch of racists! And I'm sending this letter to All the Congregation to make sure they know how I feel about them "

Yeah, that's courteous alright. Your scenario would have been him sending Doyle a private-message, not this. But whatever makes him feel good
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/10/20 9:35 am

Post Re: What Grand Exit. Mat
UncleJD wrote:
Amonine wrote:

Something like this "Hey Pastor, I'm out! I'm done! You are a bunch of racists! And I'm sending this letter to All the Congregation to make sure they know how I feel about them "

Yeah, that's courteous alright. Your scenario would have been him sending Doyle a private-message, not this. But whatever makes him feel good

Oh Gee Whiz UncleJD, I feel like you wouldn't miss any of us, including me. Hurtful man! If I go, I will try to go quickly. Wink

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
6/10/20 5:20 pm

Post Re: What Grand Exit. UncleJD
Mat wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Amonine wrote:

Oh Gee Whiz UncleJD, I feel like you wouldn't miss any of us, including me. Hurtful man! If I go, I will try to go quickly. Wink

Mat

I would, I actually miss anyone who leaves, I just don't like the big self-important "you're all terrible and I'm leaving posts", its annoying here and on facebook and the generalization is rarely true. Its like "I'm going to punish all of you by removing my illustrious presence"... I've actually "left" Acts a few times, I didn't announce it, just quit posting, once I cooled off, I came back, no big entrance drama. At least be middle of the road when you do it 3 or 4 times like you know who ("I'm leaving, goodbye",,.... "I'm back temporarily",,). LOL
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/11/20 8:29 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic