Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The NFL and the National Anthem

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The NFL and the National Anthem Mat
The NFL and the National Anthem

I know this topic has been discussed before, but in middle of all the nation has endured, perhaps a "realignment" of our thinking about the business of sports, especially the NFL, and the their use of national symbols for marketing purposes.

The NFL is not a department of the government or some kind of "national" sport (after all they are trying to play more games outside the USA and looking at expanding). They are a for profit business, big profits, with team owned by billionaires and played by millionaires.

Yet the NFL has marketed themselves as some sort of "patriotic organization", including their name, logo, playing the National Anthem and getting taxpayer money via special stadium deals. Worst of all, they profit from a faux love of the military as they use government aircraft for flyovers and military personnel for flag ceremonies.

Based on NFL statements, I feel its time to stop playing the National Anthem at the games and to put away the Flag. You don't have the anthem played for music concerts, we don't start church with it, it mostly out of the schools, so why does the NFL continue to use the anthem wail encouraging protest against the flag? Surely is rooted in marketing and greed.

As an American citizen and a Vet, I am offended by this use of the Anthem in the context of allowing/welcoming protest by players during, before or after its playing. Play your game, sell your beer, have your protest, but don't try to wrap it up in the American Flag. Is it time to remove the flag poles from stadiums?

Mat

PS I'm not sure I can honor any law enforcement officer who works at an NFL game. As rich as the league is, let them pay for their own security.
Acts Enthusiast
6/6/20 1:03 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
They'll just complain that the flag was removed to prevent people from protesting racism. You will never win with the left. All the apologies and affirmations in the world will only throw fuel on their fire. Somehow, many Pentecostals are proving themselves to be ignorant of their devices.
6/6/20 3:06 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/22150/why-do-we-sing-national-anthem-sporting-events [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/6/20 4:53 pm

Post The COG Apostle
Resident Skeptic wrote:
They'll just complain that the flag was removed to prevent people from protesting racism. You will never win with the left. All the apologies and affirmations in the world will only throw fuel on their fire. Somehow, many Pentecostals are proving themselves to be ignorant of their devices.

Always
Acts-celerater
6/8/20 7:06 am

Post Resident Skeptic
The COG Apostle wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Always

Yes, you always talk like you have a screw loose.
6/8/20 1:13 pm

Post So its MLB's fault! Mat
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/22150/why-do-we-sing-national-anthem-sporting-events

So its MLB's fault the national anthem is preformed at sporting events. That make's since, as baseball is the one of the most boring games to watch. I have watch the same amount of games so far this year as I did last year and if they do not have a season, I will not miss them.

It would be hard to do without college football, but I don't think I would miss the NFL either, or the NBA for that matter. I'm not interested in being leatured by million players who have sold out to China.

Mat

The Cubs and Red Socks were involved in the first "stand and sing" anthem. Maybe that's why both when so long without a series win.
Acts Enthusiast
6/10/20 5:10 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic