Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Race Issues are Real

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Race Issues are Real Dow Moses
I don’t use Facebook to say much about a week race because as a pastor it seem these days people are so easily offended.
All our children are adopted. We have 2 African American daughters. A fews years ago coming home from Branson Winterfest we stopped to eat at a KFC and we were seated. I see a family get out of there car coming into the restaurant. The son around 11 came in the door first turns around and screams we can’t eat in here there is Nig___ in here. He turns around the family gets back into their car and leaves. I was so concerned for my daughters not knowing what to say. We sat in silence for a minute until our youngest said it is sad they let their stupidity make them miss out on this great chicken. That is what Racism does, it makes people miss out on the joys of learning cultures, ideas and friends. Racism does as much damage to the person that it makes into a hater.
6/9/20 10:01 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Also sad that the parents have already passed it on to the next generation. Crying or Very sad
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/9/20 10:14 am

Post Dave Dorsey
God bless you and your children. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/9/20 12:17 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Very rude and disgusting. Thank God they left. Who wants to eat with people like that?

Looking at the big picture, how often do we hear a white kid bursting into a restaurant shouting something like that? Is that behavior truly indicative of white people? I'd say that it is not, just like I'd say the racism spewing daily from the mouths of the same 2 or 3 black kids where I teach high school is not indicative of the sentiments of the vast majority of blacks.
6/9/20 1:22 pm

Post Cojak
Agree with all the comments here.
Personally, that is a election to VERY POOR PARENTING. Real life even of the small people, is very hurtful. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/9/20 9:44 pm

Post Dow...your post is racist Aaron Scott
You mentioned black people and chicken in the same sentence--even going so far as to say that your black daughter ENJOYED the chicken.

SIGH

Of course, you know what I'm doing: I'm just pointing out how so many things get twisted out of shape. If you wear something pertaining to the traditional dress of another country, you are "appropriating their culture."

If you say watermelon or chicken regarding a black person, it is a hateful stereotype.

If you say Asians are smart, that's racism (you would think people would be flattered!).

You get the idea.

I am horrified that some ignorant child, raised by ignorant parents, will now have ignorant children of his own. Fortunately, people that stupid often wind up winning a Darwin Award the hard way...taking them out of the gene pool.

Again, I am so sorry that ANYONE had to hear that hate...especially two precious little girls.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/10/20 8:40 am

Post This subject frustrates me to no end. I agree with all comments. caseyleejones
However, I am a fact/stat driven individual and systemic racism within the police dept. has been disproven. When we throw the terms systemic racism or institutional racism around, I have no clue what they are talking about. I've worked in multiple institutions and pretty much all of them favor minorities. In fact, if a white and black apply for a job and they are equally qualified, most all the time the black candidate will get it. Frankly, I have no problem with that.

Racism is ugly and a sin but it will never be purged from a fallen society. What Dow experienced is in my opinion not the norm nevertheless does bother me. You will get those pockets. It is what it is until we have a new earth.

I will march with my black brothers if there is an injustice that is not corrected. Show me the goal and I will march arm in arm. Up to this point, there is no goal post.
Acts-perienced Poster
6/10/20 9:26 am

Post Dow Moses
Our family has had several bad experiences, but we would never change a thing. We have also experienced amaze love from people. Our daughters has always been the bells of the ball.lol They are such strong ladies now no one would ever walk on them.
6/10/20 12:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic