Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Lead singer Hawk Nelson "I don't believe in God" (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Lead singer Hawk Nelson "I don't believe in God" (L) caseyleejones
https://www.dailywire.com/news/lead-singer-of-christian-rock-band-hawk-nelson-says-he-no-longer-believes-in-god?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mattwalsh

I would do some cutting and pasting but the whole article needs a thorough reading.

Admittedly, I don't understand this. I get wondering where God is but seeing the complexities of DNA and our universe, how can you not believe in a supreme being.
Acts-perienced Poster
5/26/20 2:39 pm

Post Re: Lead singer Hawk Nelson "I don't believe in God" (L) Dave Dorsey
caseyleejones wrote:
I get wondering where God is but seeing the complexities of DNA and our universe, how can you not believe in a supreme being.

I was watching some space and physics videos on YouTube last night and was thinking the exact same thing. I'm sure we all go through periods of doubt. I know I do. But I can't wrap my mind around rejecting the obvious reality that the heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/26/20 2:47 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
John 10:10
The thief (satan) comes to do his murderous acts of stealing, killing & destroying & his plans of deceiving this young man have worked for now.

On a personal note I thought my oldest son was headed the wrong direction a few years ago. He spent 9 years in the Seattle grunge scene & his band lived the high life touring Europe with the "X Games" & living with the rich & famous in Argentina ...but one day Jesus knocked on his heart's door Rev. 3:20.

I choose not to re-live those 9 years but for his mom & I it was a bundle of worry & anxieties as we never knew where or what was going to happen next. Through a series of events he came home, he came home broken & shattered.
Today he is doing a lot better, he has a long way still to go but now he is re-focused.

Prov. 22:6 reminds us to, 'train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old he will not depart from it.'
This scripture is not an emergency switch or even an insurance policy but it is a reminder that when you do your part God will do His part.
The decision will ultimately be left up to the child but when he is old he will still remember the training his folks gave him.
He/she will not depart from the knowledge of the training ...it doesn't mean a secret little kernel of truth is lying in wait & at the last second of life the parachute will pop open & all will be fine ...I wish like crazy it did promise that.

Faith is a personal thing & it has to be nurtured, fed & developed.
Training for the faith is a corporate thing, sorta like it takes a village.
Our kids have us a Christian parents & then you throw in the rest of the influencers (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, pastors, Sunday school teachers, friends, coaches ...etc) each one helps to bring along a little dose of training, upbringing.
But when he is old, even through all the training he will have to apply the faith of his training to his own understanding in order for it to work.
We're not like Job who would pray for forgiveness for his kids. Our kids have to make it on their own merit of faith.

I hope & pray that this young man sees the error of his ways & forsakes the process of apostasy in order to become a brighter light to those that he has influence over.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
5/27/20 6:46 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Christian entertainers are just that, entertainers. They are not elders, necessarily.

The reasoning this guy gives for the commencing of his doubts made me laugh. Women keeping silent in the church? Really? A passage that is mentioned once and is debatable as to the context? What about God's righteousness, the cross, and our standing in him? Do those mean nothing? Just another product of making the gospel about people instead of Christ.
5/28/20 10:16 am

Post The COG Apostle
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Christian entertainers are just that, entertainers. They are not elders, necessarily.

The reasoning this guy gives for the commencing of his doubts made me laugh. Women keeping silent in the church? Really? A passage that is mentioned once and is debatable as to the context? What about God's righteousness, the cross, and our standing in him? Do those mean nothing? Just another product of making the gospel about people instead of Christ.

When your first thought about a soul leaving makes you laugh instead of bringing you sadness........
Acts-celerater
5/28/20 12:01 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
The COG Apostle wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

When your first thought about a soul leaving makes you laugh instead of bringing you sadness........

When you act holier-than-thou instead of looking at the big picture. This is not the first time in recent memory something like this has happened. Yes, be sad. But also connect the dots and find the common theme among these renouncers. I really question whether they were ever actually converted in the first place. This guy was obviously an inch deep spiritually.
5/28/20 4:24 pm

Post The COG Apostle
When you call someone “holier than thou” and in the same post say that you doubt someone was really saved........... Acts-celerater
5/28/20 4:28 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
The COG Apostle wrote:
When you call someone “holier than thou” and in the same post say that you doubt someone was really saved...........

Having been a Christin since 1980, I have come to the conclusion that many we call "backsliders" never really were "front sliders" in the first place. False conversions are more common than we realize.
5/28/20 5:42 pm

Post Preacher777
[quote="Resident Skeptic"][quote=Having been a Christin since 1980, I have come to the conclusion that many we call "backsliders" never really were "front sliders" in the first place. False conversions are more common than we realize.[/quote]

Great point RS and one of the challenges that come from this simple say the sinner's prayer with a total focus on belief, a quick ticket to heaven and never explaining to people what repentance from sin means and God's Word teaching us to die to self.

John Cooper of Skillet (link in my recent post) mentions how many singers and other people fall away because they are being entertained and not rooted in the Word with personal Bible study.
Friendly Face
5/29/20 8:12 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic