Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

NOT Clickbait: You may permanently lose access to your account unless you...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post NOT Clickbait: You may permanently lose access to your account unless you... shaunbwilson
Dear Acts-celerate Users,

Acts-celerate was launched on June 22, 1999 and moved to its own domain in 2006. We have essentially been running on the same platform for an incredible 13 years! However, the PHP version that this platform was built on is coming to the end of its lifecycle.

Dave Dorsey and I have been working to migrate the board from phpBB version 2.0 to 3.0. However, we have been having some trouble in completing a seamless migration. We will continue to try to make a seamless migration that carries your user accounts forward. However, there is a chance that we will not be able to do so.

In the worst-case scenario, we will be unable to migrate the user information from version 2.0 to version 3.0. This will mean that all user accounts will be locked and every user will need to re-register for this board.

If this worst-case scenario plays out, we are concerned about ensuring that no one is able to register the username of someone else, pretending to be that person. Therefore, we will check each new registration in version 3.0 against the database from version 2.0 to make sure that the user who registers the name in version 3.0 is the same user who registered the username on version 2.0. The way will do this is by checking the email address of those who register on version 3.0 against the email address of that username in version 2.0.

For this reason, it is vitally important that you ensure your email address is up to date on the current Acts-celerate board.

Please make sure that your account is associated with a current email address that you have access to. You can quickly double-check which email address is associated with your account by logging in to your account and clicking the "Profile" link at the top of this page. If you have more than one account on Acts-celerate, please make sure you do this for every account that you will want to re-register in the new version of Acts-celerate. (The phpBB software requires that every username is associated with a unique email address, so if you have more than one account, you need to know the email address for every account that you will want to re-register in the updated platform.)

We hope that we will be able to figure out how to seamlessly complete the migration. However, if that migration fails, we regret that we will not be able to activate accounts in version 3.0 if the email address does not match the email address for the account in version 2.0.

Again: Please ensure all of your user accounts on Acts-celerate have a current, valid email address. If you have more than one account, then you must ensure you know the unique email address for every account that you will want to re-register.

While we have not been given an exact timeframe for when this version of PHP will be turned off on our server, we do know that it will happen within the next several weeks.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we are taking steps to try to prevent this from ever being an issue again once we have migrated to the new system.

Thanks for understanding, and please let me know if you need assistance. You can post questions below or email me by clicking the "Email" icon just below my signature.

Shaun

Last edited by shaunbwilson on 7/30/20 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin
5/8/20 3:44 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Do we need to know our passwords? Mine is saved in this account, and I honestly have no clue what is! Should we update our passwords just to be safe?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/8/20 10:14 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Do we need to know our passwords? Mine is saved in this account, and I honestly have no clue what is! Should we update our passwords just to be safe?

You do not. If we get everyone converted, you can use the forgot password feature on the new board. If we are unable to get everyone converted, you can register with a new password.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/8/20 11:03 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I tried to update my email on my profile, but have not yet received a confirmation email from Actscelerate. It now shows my account status as inactive on my iPad, but not on my iPhone. Any idea how long it will take to get a confirmation email from the board? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/9/20 10:43 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I tried to update my email on my profile, but have not yet received a confirmation email from Actscelerate. It now shows my account status as inactive on my iPad, but not on my iPhone. Any idea how long it will take to get a confirmation email from the board?

I have no idea, but I just flagged your account as active so you can ignore the email if/when you do receive it. If it does come through, could you let us know?

To anyone else who needs to change an email: Let us know in this thread or via PM that you changed it (you don't need to disclose or share your email) and we'll make sure you're good to go.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/9/20 10:53 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Thanks! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/9/20 10:55 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Whatever you boys upgrade to, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0. iPhone 12, or Google Chrome, hey, please don't lose the ole timers account. I been around these parts since before we even had to register, an I shore dont wanna lose ma place in posterity. Doyle, Shaun, Dave, you boys dont fergit the ole timer, OK? Acts-pert Poster
5/12/20 12:35 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
I have a new email address. The one on my profile no longer exists. What should I do?
5/12/20 4:55 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I tried to update my email on my profile, but have not yet received a confirmation email from Actscelerate. It now shows my account status as inactive on my iPad, but not on my iPhone. Any idea how long it will take to get a confirmation email from the board?

I have no idea, but I just flagged your account as active so you can ignore the email if/when you do receive it. If it does come through, could you let us know?

To anyone else who needs to change an email: Let us know in this thread or via PM that you changed it (you don't need to disclose or share your email) and we'll make sure you're good to go.

It won't let me change it.
5/12/20 4:56 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Do you feel comfortable PMing your email address to me or Shaun? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/12/20 6:33 pm

Post shaunbwilson
Resident Skeptic wrote:
It won't let me change it.

Can you share what happens when you try? To change the email, you would put in your new email address at the top of the page and then click Submit at the bottom of the page. Do you receive an error message or what is happening?
5/13/20 8:10 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic