Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pat Robertson issues a call to the church

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pat Robertson issues a call to the church jimmyjon
To rise up and quit being cowed by an inert virus and start walking by faith, church, especially starting Easter Sunday. I stand with Pat. I know some on here will dare to criticize him for rebuking the pandemic and all this fear and lump him with WoF or Copeland etc. But watch this video its powerful.

https://youtu.be/ZtiUOr-Vw80
Hey, DOC
4/7/20 4:16 pm

Post You know what I think is remarkable? jimmyjon
Not one person has commented on this. Remarkable. and sad. Hey, DOC
4/8/20 10:54 am

Post Patrick Harris
I think it was a great prayer.

Also note, he never once insinuated that the church should start meeting again in the church.
Acts Enthusiast
4/8/20 11:16 am

Post Weeellll, yes and no jimmyjon
he did say quit hiding and being cowed by this virus kinda indicating we need to get out into our society/churches or maybe I just heard it that way. Still a powerful prayer. Hey, DOC
4/8/20 11:21 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I really wish things worked like Pat, Copeland, Hagin, and Company all claim they do. I have to wonder why in Scripture we never see Jesus (GOD in the flesh) or his apostles ever driving a disease out of a territory. I know, these guys claim we can do greater miracles than Jesus did. Again, at times I wish things worked like the positive confessionists claim. If we had any instance in the Bible of a disease being driven out of a country or region, I’d be totally on board with the idea.

Based on what the scientists say and my basic knowledge of how viruses work, I will just say, with absolutely no concern that I could ever successfully defeat a true word from God, that the virus will continue on in this country past Easter.

I also will ‘prophesy’ that none of these positive confessionists will ever admit they were wrong, or that the Lord spake not through them on this matter.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/8/20 12:48 pm

Post skinnybishop
Sigh....

I think its easy to claim the church is "cowering", when you speak from a TV studio.

So much assumption and just......wrong in this video.

Churches aren't closed.
Churches aren't cowering
Churches aren't terrified.

There aren't as many large gatherings, under a single roof...But that has never been our mission. Despite what Pat Robertson says, the church is still actively preaching the Gospel and ministering to people each day.
4/9/20 8:49 am

Post Dear Wyatt jimmyjon
Num 16:41-50 NIV The next day the whole Israelite community grumbled against Moses and Aaron. "You have killed the LORD's people," they said. (42) But when the assembly gathered in opposition to Moses and Aaron and turned toward the tent of meeting, suddenly the cloud covered it and the glory of the LORD appeared. (43) Then Moses and Aaron went to the front of the tent of meeting, (44) and the LORD said to Moses, (45) "Get away from this assembly so I can put an end to them at once." And they fell facedown. (46) Then Moses said to Aaron, "Take your censer and put incense in it, along with burning coals from the altar, and hurry to the assembly to make atonement for them. Wrath has come out from the LORD; the plague has started." (47) So Aaron did as Moses said, and ran into the midst of the assembly. The plague had already started among the people, but Aaron offered the incense and made atonement for them. (4Cool He stood between the living and the dead, and the plague stopped. (49) But 14,700 people died from the plague, in addition to those who had died because of Korah. (50) Then Aaron returned to Moses at the entrance to the tent of meeting, for the plague had stopped. Hey, DOC
4/9/20 10:29 am

Post and 1 more jimmyjon
Num 25:1-9 NIV While Israel was staying in PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD, the men began to indulge in sexual immorality with Moabite women, (2) who invited them to the sacrifices to their gods. The people ate the sacrificial meal and bowed down before these gods. (3) So Israel yoked themselves to the Baal of Peor. And the LORD's anger burned against them. (4) The LORD said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of these people, kill them and expose them in broad daylight before the LORD, so that the LORD's fierce anger may turn away from Israel." (5) So Moses said to Israel's judges, "Each of you must put to death those of your people who have yoked themselves to the Baal of Peor." (6) Then an Israelite man brought into the camp a Midianite woman right before the eyes of Moses and the whole assembly of Israel while they were weeping at the entrance to the tent of meeting. (7) When Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron, the priest, saw this, he left the assembly, took a spear in his hand (Cool and followed the Israelite into the tent. He drove the spear into both of them, right through the Israelite man and into the woman's stomach. [b]Then the plague against the Israelites was stopped; (9) but those who died in the plague numbered 24,000[/b]. Hey, DOC
4/9/20 10:31 am

Post There is a growing number... roughridercog
Who are feeling this same way
4/9/20 1:19 pm

Post I find the fact jimmyjon
That the name of the place in the wilderness used in Numbers 25:1 is called "please select another word". Hahaha. Shhhhh. Don't tell any one or was S*H*I*_*_*I*M. You fill in the blanks. Hey, DOC
4/9/20 5:51 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Though I find no scriptural support for any mortal man being able by the spoken word to rebuke or bind a disease from a region in general, I nevertheless do pray that the only present sufficient atoning sacrifice in this age, the blood of Jesus Christ, protect us in this plague. I also know of blood-bought Christians and even CoG pastors and their spouses who have been infected with this virus, with some even dying from it. May the Lord have mercy on us all.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 4/10/20 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/10/20 12:32 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I have heard a couple of these guys claiming they had authority over COVID-19 and declared them gone. My response is....now, do cancer and diabetes. Heck, do all diseases. Just bind them up in Jesus name like they did with this virus. Acts-pert Poster
4/10/20 1:53 pm

Post Welcome back Eddie jimmyjon
You haven't changed a bit. Hey, DOC
4/11/20 3:19 pm

Post Re: Welcome back Eddie Dave Dorsey
jimmyjon wrote:
You haven't changed a bit.

I like how you engaged with the substance of his post, rather than making a personal statement about him.

Oh wait -- that's not what you did at all.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/12/20 7:16 am

Post autumn trees twice dead
why didn't these self proclaimed prophets see it coming. They may go back to a vague statement and say they saw it, but this was serious. In good times, they say good things, but they show how corrupt they are when real problems happen. Pray for discernment and get it from reading the bible.

I still wonder why these bold talkers ever go out to the lost and share the gospel in good times. They stay in buildings. The call to the church was sounded by Jesus and empowered by the Holy Ghost yet few obey. They speak brave, but I see so little of the true boldness shown in acts.
4/12/20 7:46 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic