Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Kingdom Hero David Lorency Passes On

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Kingdom Hero David Lorency Passes On shaunbwilson
Announcement from Operation Compassion

David B. Lorency, president of Operation Compassion, passed away unexpectedly early this morning April 3, 2020. He was 75.

Lorency spent 48 years in ministry with the Church of God, characterized by reaching the poor and underprivileged, starting with outreach to sailors and street witnessing in Norfolk, Va. He began coffee houses, servicemen’s centers, and beach ministry stations which grew to reach thousands of youth.

Throughout his ministry, Lorency also served as a pastor, where at each location his leadership focused on the needs of that community and encouraging the church to respond. He was an Evangelism Director for Northern New England, Chicago Metro and California. Lorency was responsible for starting more than 100 ethnically diverse churches.

In 2000, David Lorency was selected to serve as Executive Director of Operation Compassion, a non-profit international disaster relief organization. He has guided and directed the growth and development of Operation Compassion from a small charity starting with a pick-up truck and $200 to an organization handling more than 1,500 semis or more per year. Lorency has been instrumental in OC’s financial growth as well. In 2006, he was named president.

David Lorency has been married to his wife, Laura, for 54 years. They have four daughters, four sons-in-law, eleven grandchildren and eight great grandchildren.

A graveside service will be announced at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Operation Compassion ([url]operationcompassion.org[/url]).

Obituary for David B. Lorency

David B. Lorency, 75, president of Operation Compassion, passed from this life to the next suddenly on April 3, 2020. He was born August 27, 1944 in Norfolk, Va. He loved his Lord, his family, his church, and it was “good to be Davey.”

Dave met his wife of 54 years, Laura, at a Church of God District Youth Rally. They spent 48 years in ministry starting with outreach coffee shops for sailors and street witnessing in Norfolk, Va. Throughout his ministry, he served as state youth director, state evangelism director and pastor, but his passion was serving those in need through humanitarian relief. His generosity was legendary and made an impact around the world. Dave was truly one of kind!

Dave is survived by his wife, Laura; four daughters and sons in law; Michelle and Kurt Schulz, Lisa and Gary Boen, Dawn and Kevin Bixler, Jennifer and Steve Hall; grandchildren; Lindsay (Jason) Williford, Stacy (Aaron) Egleston, Kathryn Schulz, Zachary Lorency, Baylee Boen, Haley Diffley, Emily (Delo) McWilliams, John Bixler, Jack Schulz, Luke Bixler, and Toby Ginn; great-grandchildren; Emma, Brody, Jackson, William, Lily, Odessa, Charlotte, and Ezra.

The Remembrance of Life Graveside Service and Interment will be held private for the family. The family request in lieu of flowers, Memorials be made to Operation Compassion, which was the beat of his heart! Go to www.operationcompassion.org. The Jim Rush Funeral and Cremation Services North Ocoee Chapel has charge of the arrangements. You may share your condolences and your memories with David's family at www.jimrushfuneralhomes.com.

Last edited by shaunbwilson on 4/10/20 11:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Site Admin
4/4/20 9:19 am

Post shaunbwilson
David Lorency was a friend of my family and one of the five founding board members of the missions organization I serve. The ripple of his passing will be felt around the world, even as he receives his just reward. May the Spirit comfort those who love him and have been left behind for a short time.
4/4/20 9:27 am

Post Roger Woodard
David Lorency was a friend of over 42 years. I served on his boards in Chicago Metro, had him preach a revival at Houma, Louisiana. Dave was very instrumental in my gong to Torrance, Ca & after coming to Kings Mountain 23 years ago, Dave helped me start Earthen Vessels. Operation Compassion has been a great resource in product, advice & counsel, not to mention friendship.
The word unique is far too overused. It means one of a kind, unequaled. I can truly say that word describes my friend David Lorency. I've never met anyone like him, because I'm convinced there is no one like him. His gifts were immense fueled by his "compassion".
My wife & I screamed when we received the call. I'm heartbroken & devastated. Words can't express how I'll miss him. Laura & family, I promise to hold you up in prayer. Rest Dave, you've earned it.
Hey, DOC
4/5/20 9:14 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic