Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Rodney Howard Brown refuses to cancel church

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Rodney Howard Brown refuses to cancel church BishopsWife
https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/29/chruch-service-florida-coronavirus-worship/ Acts Enthusiast
3/29/20 7:45 pm

Post That was their call roughridercog
Let them live with any blessings or consequences.
3/29/20 8:43 pm

Post Cojak
I will be very disappointed if someone in his congregation gets the virus and has or will contaminate more people.
We all know God protects. WE also know God heals. One thing I have learned in my life time, there are times GOD DOES NOT heal.

There may be times our arrogance backs us into a corner. I pray that no one who attends there to worship a living God, gets the virus.

For one thing, preachers/pastors that have pushed for max attendance, using that scripture of 'not assembling our selves together,' as the same idea of YOU MUST attend a church building every time the doors are opened. I think we all know WE ARE THE CHURCH. And there is no edict, that I know of, that says we MUST be in a Church building, to worship and honor scripture.

Confused Confused Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/29/20 11:53 pm

Post Cojak... Aaron Scott
I would imagine that someone who would do this during coronavirus will also blame the person who attended their service. It might be argued that they contracted it somewhere else...or perhaps their faith was insufficient, etc.

Once you step out "boldly" for God, and you risk having your reputation sullied with your ignorance (as Falwell has done with allowing students back on campus--now 11 have the virus), there will be spin control. It will never, never, never be the preacher's fault.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/30/20 7:32 am

Post Here's What Howard-Browne stupidly said FG Minister
The Pastor boasted his place was white-glove clean, saying, “We brought in 13 machines that basically kill every virus in the place, and uh, if somebody walks through the door it’s like, it kills everything on them. If they sneeze, it shoots it down at like 100 mph. It'll neutralize it in split seconds. We have the most sterile building in, I don’t know, all of America.”

THIS IS STUPID ON STEROIDS!
Acts-celerater
3/30/20 8:01 am

Post Dave Dorsey
RHB is a deranged lunatic. The Tampa area is already well on track to be the next major epicenter like NYC. Last week he was encouraging his congregation to shake hands and hug. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/30/20 8:56 am

Post Da Sheik
Not only a lack of common sense but a liability issue as well. Acts Enthusiast
3/30/20 9:08 am

Post He will do anything for a laugh roughridercog
It haddda be said.
3/30/20 9:32 am

Post Re: He will do anything for a laugh Dave Dorsey
roughridercog wrote:
It haddda be said.

Watch out there bucko. According to RHB, criticizing the laughter is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/30/20 9:41 am

Post Re: He will do anything for a laugh Da Sheik
Dave Dorsey wrote:
roughridercog wrote:
It haddda be said.

Watch out there bucko. According to RHB, criticizing the laughter is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Oh, the irony Rolling Eyes
Acts Enthusiast
3/30/20 9:51 am

Post Re: He will do anything for a laugh roughridercog
Dave Dorsey wrote:
roughridercog wrote:
It haddda be said.

I think in his mind, criticizing RHB is tantamount to blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
3/30/20 10:53 am

Post Dave Dorsey
The Hillsborough county sheriff has issued an arrest warrant for RHB. He is expected to turn himself in voluntarily.

https://twitter.com/TMarreroTimes/status/1244675843030482945?s=20
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/30/20 1:19 pm

Post Why don't we criticize those in China who risk their lives going caseyleejones
to church on a regularly basis? If they're caught, they're dead or put in jail. Maybe Chinese christians should stay home as opposed to risk their lives going to private home church meetings?

People are free to go or not go. I'm fine with churches cancelling services. Admittedly though, I am struggling how we sing about we being the "triumphant church" or similar song while doing so in the comfort of our own home.

I'm not tussling with anyone here. I just know in many parts of the world getting caught going to church is a death sentence.
Acts-perienced Poster
3/30/20 1:23 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Casey, the problem is that they are not just risking their own lives, but the lives of everyone in their community. With respect, the comparison to secret church meetings in closed nations is not a good one. They are being asked to temporarily move services online for the good of their community, which is something every other business is being asked/forced to do as well. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/30/20 1:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic