Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Prophetic words about the current crisis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Prophetic words about the current crisis Link
My wife often gets prophetic words about a number of things. A lot of it is not the 'Thus saith the Lord' variety, but she'll conversationally tell people that the Lord told her this and that. Not usually in the first person, though she's done that sometimes, especially if prophesying directly over someone.

I don't usually like to give second hand prophecies that much these days. I don't want to get them wrong. But I've heard this several times, sometimes in English, sometimes in Indonesia, including parts of it again tonight. I'll kind of paraphrase.

At the beginning of the year, my wife got a message that there was going to be a crisis that would effect nations, families, and individuals. The Lord was going to use the storm. The eagle soars by flying on the winds. This would be a time to give thanks and surrender. This was back when there were just reports about the corona virus out of China but it was not the big scare here now.

She also felt like the Lord spoke to her about getting the supplies for the household. She stocked up toilet paper and a lot of food before some of the stuff was missing. She was a little late with hand sanitizer, but I got some.

Many years ago, probably 2011, she said the Lord told her a time would come when churches would not be allowed to have large meetings. Recently she has said that there would be a move toward Internet church, then house churches. My wife used to not like the idea of house church much, as a child of 'the system', having gone to a COG/Bethel Bible college overseas, and I was the one enthusiastic about it. But then she heard that and started to change her mind.

She is saying, based on what she is hearing, that many Christians are busy with ministry and various demands, and this is a time to focus back on the family. Christians can focus on our families now.

In the Old Testament, there was death outside, the angel killing people while the LORD's people were inside eating the Passover sacrifice-- with whom, with their family. The Lord's Supper was instituted at the Passover, and this was something the church did and does in church meetings. The early church met in homes. We can still remember the Lord with our family at homes. (This paragraph is mine, but loosely along the lines of what she's been saying.)

Also, regarding China, she had prophesied that Obama would win, and the second term. We knew his sister and she told Maya to tell her brother that the Lord said he would win that second term. She said the Lord told her that the Obama was to bring the US down so that Asia could rise-- part of the passing of the baton stick to Asia. China would become the 'number one country' in the world. In terms of evangelism, the US has been a leader in sending out missionaries. That is about to shift to the east. It may be underway now. Churches in China and Korea send out missionaries. There are Indonesian missionaries abroad, too.

In the short-term, she says US investors will pull out of China. But it is all a part of China's rise.

Another part of it is 'strike the shepherd.' She had also seen news that several pastors she knew had passed away. There are people who are in the world living ungodly lives, gay lifestyle, etc. who will repent. In the future, there are people who are hidden away, some have been rejected by the church system who will pastor these people. That's the general gist of one message, not an exact quote.

That's bits an pieces, but I thought it might be helpful to share it. Now stay home. Build up your family.
3/23/20 11:40 pm

Post Cojak
I have mentioned before that we have met missionaries from Indonesia who work the streets of Charlotte, NC. That was really an eye opener. Their presence added much to our services. They attended our church on Sunday mornings at times.

Link, your wife sounds like a wonderful God fearing lady, you are very fortunate my friend.. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/24/20 7:18 pm

Post Re: Prophetic words about the current crisis Brandon Bohannon
Link wrote:
My wife often gets prophetic words about a number of things. A lot of it is not the 'Thus saith the Lord' variety, but she'll conversationally tell people that the Lord told her this and that. Not usually in the first person, though she's done that sometimes, especially if prophesying directly over someone.

I don't usually like to give second hand prophecies that much these days. I don't want to get them wrong. But I've heard this several times, sometimes in English, sometimes in Indonesia, including parts of it again tonight. I'll kind of paraphrase.

At the beginning of the year, my wife got a message that there was going to be a crisis that would effect nations, families, and individuals. The Lord was going to use the storm. The eagle soars by flying on the winds. This would be a time to give thanks and surrender. This was back when there were just reports about the corona virus out of China but it was not the big scare here now.

She also felt like the Lord spoke to her about getting the supplies for the household. She stocked up toilet paper and a lot of food before some of the stuff was missing. She was a little late with hand sanitizer, but I got some.

Many years ago, probably 2011, she said the Lord told her a time would come when churches would not be allowed to have large meetings. Recently she has said that there would be a move toward Internet church, then house churches. My wife used to not like the idea of house church much, as a child of 'the system', having gone to a COG/Bethel Bible college overseas, and I was the one enthusiastic about it. But then she heard that and started to change her mind.

She is saying, based on what she is hearing, that many Christians are busy with ministry and various demands, and this is a time to focus back on the family. Christians can focus on our families now.

In the Old Testament, there was death outside, the angel killing people while the LORD's people were inside eating the Passover sacrifice-- with whom, with their family. The Lord's Supper was instituted at the Passover, and this was something the church did and does in church meetings. The early church met in homes. We can still remember the Lord with our family at homes. (This paragraph is mine, but loosely along the lines of what she's been saying.)

Also, regarding China, she had prophesied that Obama would win, and the second term. We knew his sister and she told Maya to tell her brother that the Lord said he would win that second term. She said the Lord told her that the Obama was to bring the US down so that Asia could rise-- part of the passing of the baton stick to Asia. China would become the 'number one country' in the world. In terms of evangelism, the US has been a leader in sending out missionaries. That is about to shift to the east. It may be underway now. Churches in China and Korea send out missionaries. There are Indonesian missionaries abroad, too.

In the short-term, she says US investors will pull out of China. But it is all a part of China's rise.

Another part of it is 'strike the shepherd.' She had also seen news that several pastors she knew had passed away. There are people who are in the world living ungodly lives, gay lifestyle, etc. who will repent. In the future, there are people who are hidden away, some have been rejected by the church system who will pastor these people. That's the general gist of one message, not an exact quote.

That's bits an pieces, but I thought it might be helpful to share it. Now stay home. Build up your family.
God bless you both. Scripture tells us that we know a prophet by whether those prophecies come to pass or not. Deuteronomy 18:22

As to the "strike the shepherd" part, I will admit and agree that I have heard this in my spirit or heart a couple of times this week. I haven't felt conclusive to what it means but it jumped off the page to me when I read your words.

I am praying for my family, our church congregation, and our nation. It is 3:49 a.m. here now and I am wide awake.
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
3/25/20 3:50 am

Post Link
She said, "The Lord said I will strike the shepherd and scatter the sheep and the people that are going to shepherd the scattered sheep will be ordinary people who do not have titles who did not even go to Bible college....they are the people that i have been hiding in My hidden place for such a time like this."

"Tell my people to rise up...raise the leaders. Learn how to open their house to open a church. House church will take over.... [to]...tell my husband to release his book., because people are going to need that book."

I haven't got it edited yet.

Last edited by Link on 3/25/20 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-perienced Poster
3/25/20 10:19 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Why would God strike pastors down? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/25/20 10:25 am

Post Ummm let's see jimmyjon
Eze 34:1-10 NIV The word of the LORD came to me: (2) "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel; prophesy and say to them: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Woe to you shepherds of Israel who only take care of yourselves! Should not shepherds take care of the flock? (3) You eat the curds, clothe yourselves with the wool and slaughter the choice animals, but you do not take care of the flock. (4) You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally. (5) So they were scattered because there was no shepherd, and when they were scattered they became food for all the wild animals. (6) My sheep wandered over all the mountains and on every high hill. They were scattered over the whole earth, and no one searched or looked for them. (7) "'Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD: (Cool As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, because my flock lacks a shepherd and so has been plundered and has become food for all the wild animals, and because my shepherds did not search for my flock but cared for themselves rather than for my flock, (9) therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD: (10) This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them. Hey, DOC
3/25/20 11:33 am

Post Link
Those who have been faithful to do God's will do not have to worry.
"That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."
3/25/20 11:36 am

Post Re: Ummm let's see Dave Dorsey
jimmyjon wrote:
Eze 34:1-10 NIV

So you think this passage you quoted applies to COG pastors and ministers who are being "struck down" by COVID?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/25/20 11:43 am

Post You asked jimmyjon
for a reason. I didn't know you weren't serious. Hey, DOC
3/25/20 11:46 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Link wrote:
Those who have been faithful to do God's will do not have to worry.
"That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."

So people who are not true shepherds?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology

Post Re: You asked Dave Dorsey
jimmyjon wrote:
for a reason. I didn't know you weren't serious.

I asked in the context of the prophecy Link shared.

I asked why God would strike pastors down right now -- not whether He has ever struck false shepherds down.

I was asking seriously.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]

Post Re the OP jimmyjon
what I get out of her dream which I do not believe per se, is that the poster has an issue with the established church and that "house churches" are preferred over traditional houses of worship and that somewhere along the way the poster was rejected or knows someone who was rejected and they will be exalted eventually as the "false shepherds"are "torn down. My response from Ezekiel was somewhat but not entirely tongue in cheek. I do think some of the feel good, cheap grace type seeker, what ever comfortable type churches and their leaders may have to answer in some way for their errors. Hey, DOC
3/25/20 11:52 am

Post Dave Dorsey
There is another thread right now talking about a COG where four have died from COVID and 50 are currently hospitalized.

Are these "scattered sheep"?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/25/20 11:53 am

Post Dave Dorsey
The prophecy claims to be sharing words from the sovereign and almighty creator of this universe. Words, if true, that should be taken as seriously as the red letters in our Bibles.

Should we have to guess, as you have done, at the meaning? (BTW, I don't blame you for guessing; the very vague words don't leave you much choice.)

Do we make a mistake when we start with the assumption that prophesies people claim to have received are true, and then work from there trying to make sense of them?

EDIT: I just saw that you opened your post, jimmyjon, with the statement that you didn't believe the prophecy per se. So please take these as questions to the general audience here, rather than you in particular. I think your analysis, which I at first misunderstood, is probably pretty on target. I also hope you are very right about how cheap grace churches fare through this.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/25/20 11:55 am

Post As someone who has been jimmyjon
around and in the "prophetic stream" for many years, just sayin' "thus saith the Lord" don't make it so. Cool As I recall, we have been admonished to try/test the Spirit to see if it is the Lord. I can tell you that this word doesn't bear witness with my spirit. But that's just me. As to your comment about the COG church that is suffering right now, they need our prayers as is rains on the just and unjust. I am certainly no one's judge. But the principle of Ezekiel, even through written to a specific problem, still stands. The Law of Moses was done away for the believer in CHrist but the Moral law was not and the principles of the Word of the Lord still apply as they reveal the nature of just who God is. Hey, DOC
3/25/20 12:01 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Amen to all of that, jimmyjon. And regarding striking down shepherds, you are correct. I should have been more specific about what I was asking with my original question. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/25/20 12:03 pm

Post Link
I have no reason to think that this prophecy was specifically directed toward the COG.

Just based on life experience, I can see that there are pastors who really care about their flocks. There are others who seem to be building a career or a kingdom, who make a lot of money off the sheep. Maybe they have an 'armor bearer' to keep people away from themselves.

I also know that there are a lot of small church pastors who are working two jobs, and not just into it in a career, and the COG in the US has a lot of men like this. And there are pastors who went through that phase, enduring hardship, and their financial situation improved. I don't think they are all 'in it for the money.'

I also see a lot of really 'light' Christianity, so-called, light on gospel content, light on doctrine, light on holiness, etc. Then there are churches where the young people are promiscuous. There might scarcely be a virgin in a young adults group of hundreds of people. I haven't surveyed, but if you talk to people... There are churches where marriages have no better chance of staying together than the world. Jesus reached out to sinners, and we can expect people who have just gotten saved to have all kinds of lifestyle issues, but if the long-time church goers have these problems and the leadership just preach non-controversial sermons and don't address these issues either in their teaching or their one-on-on ministry, I think that's a big problem. There are also clergy going along with the whole 'gay marriage' thing.

I can see why 'strike the shepherd' could make a pastor feel uncomfortable. But I also think one would have to stick his head in the sand to think that there could be no clergy out there who deserve it.

My wife does know a lot of Bethel people, COG in Indonesia, which has its own culture that's different from the COG here, in terms of emphasis, etc.

As far as the word she got goes, 'Strike the shepherd' didn't seem to be very detailed. She noticed after that that some pastors she knew in Indonesia had passed away from this. I didn't take that as part of a prophecy, but as an observation on her part, and something she was wondering about. I don't think she would say that if a pastor dies from covid-19, that this proves he was a wicked person. She's on a call in the other room, now, so I'm not asking her about this now.

On another note, she also said the Lord said to tell His people not to put all their money in the bank either. I don't know the time limit on that.

Some of the things she said just make sense even if you don't get a prophetic word. It does make sense to focus on the family during this time, to fellowship and worship in the family, an emphasis on father's leading in the home. A lot of people are forced to spend a lot of time with their children. Christians were busy with church ministry and their kids school activities.

As far as not keeping money in the bank goes, if the bank workers got sick and died or the government overreacted and shut banks down or the street between you and the bank, or if they don't let you on the street in your area, then you can't get cash.

She also said the Lord told her a long time ago that the bread and wine would be taken from the church, which she took to refer to wealth. That might have been tied to a certain scripture, btw. I wonder how many churches who are financially just barely getting by are going to lose their buildings if people are tithing on little or nothing instead of their previous salaries.

We went to a church for a little while, but the doctrine was kind of NAR and too disconnected with the word and we began to feel at ease. Lots of Charismatic doctrine other preachers say that you can't find in the Bible. The pastoral team were a husband and wife and a board of people who weren't in the congregation. The pastor and his wife decided to get this huge office space and knock down walls themselves, them and the people of the church, a huge amount of rent, and we were wondering how the congregation could afford that. He had people come up front and vow to give $1000 when they got it. I didn't participate in that. About the time they moved into the facility, my wife and I didn't have peace going there anymore. I wonder how they are going to make payments on that if there aren't any people coming or if their people can't work.

Last edited by Link on 3/25/20 3:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Acts-perienced Poster
3/25/20 2:11 pm

Post Link
I don't think I mentioned a dream in the thread, though my wife has told me about many dreams. I'm not that good at picturing stuff, and Indonesian is a vague language, so that is a bit of a challenge for me.

This stuff was more hearing than interpreting dreams.

Many years ago, she said the Lord sell to tell his people to learn to grow their own food and to save the seeds.

She's saying now foreign investors will withdraw money from China and US investors will invest in the US economy.

She said the Lord told her that another virus would hit China in two years. Their president is like Pharaoh. I just overheard her telling our Chinese landlady that part. This does seem to be the case considering his conciliatory words towards Christians when he first took office, followed by spearheading a revival of persecution toward the Chinese Christians.
3/25/20 3:38 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Link
Is the book she referenced based on the paper you sent me several years ago about House churches?

Thanks
Patrick
Acts Enthusiast
3/26/20 9:45 am

Post Link
Patrick Harris wrote:
Link
Is the book she referenced based on the paper you sent me several years ago about House churches?

Thanks
Patrick

I don't recall. If I wrote a paper, some of the content might be similar.
3/26/20 10:32 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic