Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why does every company email me about the Corona Virus?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Why does every company email me about the Corona Virus? Link
I've gotten emails from various companies I do business with. Geico just sent me a special message about the Corona virus.

What does my car insurance have to do with Corona virus? I understand the bank email. They could be closing their offices. In fact, my credit union is just doing transactions out of the window. I was thinking of opening another account, and now i have to drive 40 miles. It's really annoying. Why don't they just turn people coughing and sneezing away at the door.
3/22/20 9:51 am

Post Re: Why does every company email me about the Corona Virus? Dave Dorsey
Link wrote:
It's really annoying. Why don't they just turn people coughing and sneezing away at the door.

Because the virus sheds from asymptomatic carriers.

People are losing their jobs and livelihoods. If the worst you've got to do is travel a bit longer to sit down with someone to open a bank account, you've got it all right.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/22/20 12:05 pm

Post Re: Why does every company email me about the Corona Virus? Link
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Link wrote:
It's really annoying. Why don't they just turn people coughing and sneezing away at the door.

Because the virus sheds from asymptomatic carriers.

They think it's plausible, and I've read some anecdotal evidence to that effect. The CDC warns about that.

Quote:

People are losing their jobs and livelihoods. If the worst you've got to do is travel a bit longer to sit down with someone to open a bank account, you've got it all right.

True. Being able to open a bank account can be important if you want to do some creative stuff from home (online for example), which is what I had in mind to open the bank account for. I was hoping to give some other people an opportunity to make money, too.

I am thankful that God has provided for me and my family. I can do my regular job from home. If this had happened during my year of unemployment before August, prospects would have been quite dreary for us. I realize there are people who work at buffet restaurants, in retail, and thousands of other jobs that have been shut down.
3/23/20 8:59 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Plausible based on anecdotal evidence? That is unfortunately one hundred percent false. It is absolutely established as fact. Any basic research on the topic will confirm this for you.

Unfortunately, there is no longer any doubt that the virus sheds from asymptomatic carriers. MANY current prominent cases, including Sen. Rand Paul's, were contracted from asymptomatic carriers.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/23/20 9:20 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic