Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why Some Pastors Won't Cancel Services
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dave Dorsey
Our pastors and our congregation are there for our people. We are seeing to spiritual needs, grocery shopping for seniors or other high-risk people, and also contributing to our community.

In this time, you can best be there for your people by ensuring they are safe and cared for.

Please reconsider.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/20/20 8:04 pm

Post Here's some good reading for all of us. jimmyjon
John G Lake's testimony during the bubonic plague South Africa.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/everestalexander.wordpress.com/2015/10/18/john-g-lake-bubonic-plague-testimony/amp/
Hey, DOC
3/20/20 8:27 pm

Post For the record jimmyjon
I have instructed my worship team to not sing BREATHE ON ME for the foreseeable future
Hope this helps you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hey, DOC
3/20/20 8:35 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
My dad used to tell me, "You can learn the easy way or you can learn the hard way." It's always a shame when people choose the second one. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/20/20 9:13 pm

Post And the last word is jimmyjon
Rolling Eyes [/quote] Hey, DOC
3/20/20 9:20 pm

Post Cojak
I really think one of the driving forces will be finances. So many churches run right on the equal in and out equation. We now have what I have wanted for years. we finally put a GIVE tab on our web site. GOOD STUFF! I already tried it. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/20/20 11:16 pm

Post Two Possible Reasons to Stay Open FG Minister
1. Some churches may need to stay open because they have such anemic Christians that to miss a few services might cause them to lose faith in God. My members are have been trained in the Bible and therefore can sustain a few weeks without a church service. Not ideal, but we'll be OK. They can watch the sermon online as I am recording them all alone with a cameraman.

2. Some churches may need to stay open because the pastor does not possess good judgment. Some have it, and some don't. Some look at the facts that the more people who gather in one place can spread a deadly virus, and others can't see that. Some look at the death toll around the world and don't realize that could happen to me or one of my church members. Sad.

So either anemic church members or a pastor who lacks judgment; that's all I can figure out. In either case, someone needs to tell these local churches CLOSE BEFORE YOU ARE GUILTY OF SPREADING DISEASE AND CAUSING DEATHS!
Acts-celerater
3/21/20 8:52 am

Post Re: For the record Dave Dorsey
jimmyjon wrote:
I have instructed my worship team to not sing BREATHE ON ME for the foreseeable future
Hope this helps you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

A helpful picture for anyone who thinks this is a joke:

https://twitter.com/TheLovingPastor/status/1241371352625446915
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/21/20 9:47 am

Post Re: Here's some good reading for all of us. Quiet Wyatt
jimmyjon wrote:
John G Lake's testimony during the bubonic plague South Africa.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/everestalexander.wordpress.com/2015/10/18/john-g-lake-bubonic-plague-testimony/amp/

John G Lake had an amazing life and testimony. I really wish there were a way to prove he had such an anointing that the plague died when it came into contact with his skin. I would say the vast majority of Christians lack the kind of faith he had.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/21/20 12:01 pm

Post Just an fyi jimmyjon
I do not think this is a joke at all. We may in fact not be open next week but shift to all online. That being said you guys need to get a grip. That breathe on me post was an attempt of humor. Think you all are humorless. My goodness. I am new here and was looking forward to some insightful dialogue but I think I will look elsewhere for it. Thanks. Hey, DOC
3/21/20 12:01 pm

Post To wyatt jimmyjon
It was proven. Lake lived thru the plague but his wife died. My friend in S. Africa tells me his grandfather and mother were married by Lake during the plague. I think his life if faith would be something to emulate in this time. Hey, DOC
3/21/20 12:04 pm

Post Re: Just an fyi Mat
jimmyjon wrote:
I do not think this is a joke at all. We may in fact not be open next week but shift to all online. That being said you guys need to get a grip. That breathe on me post was an attempt of humor. Think you all are humorless. My goodness. I am new here and was looking forward to some insightful dialogue but I think I will look elsewhere for it. Thanks.

Some delivered from lions, some eaten by lions - we walk by faith either way. It says something like that in the Book of Hebrews.

What I want to know, is what state are you in and what instructions did you receive from your State Bishop (if you have one)?

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
3/21/20 12:34 pm

Post We are in NC jimmyjon
the mandate of our Governor is no meetings of more than 100. Our leaders of our denomination tell us to obey the authority that is over us Rom 13. We are. We may change that even if they don't. But as of today we will be open tomorrow. Many in our denomination are not. Some others are. Our choice. My church is filled with mature saints who want to be here. Others are staying home. We told all who were ill were at hi risk or who may have reduced immunity to please stay home. We will practice social distancing. We have a large sanctuary and if 80 to 100 show up we will put distance between them. If more than 100 show up we will put them in another building with the livestream. Hey, DOC
3/21/20 1:14 pm

Post KY church virus deaths Given_Another_Chance
https://www.news965.com/news/national/parishioners-contract-coronavirus-after-attending-kentucky-church-service-against-governor-advice/eKeU8OQ8VXmgNeK3bh3OeI/ Friendly Face
3/21/20 1:24 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
We were one of those churches that was going to stay open mostly because nobody knows anybody that has tested positive or even has any of the symptoms.
Then I was on a conference call with 14 other pastors & our AB & my mind was changed.
Here in Calif. it's hard enough to get liability insurance & we can't risk litigation in the event we were blamed for opening our church up to people at high risk.
So our leadership determined after the call that we should abide by the governor's request & stay indoors.
Our AB, (Sean O'Neal) suggested we use our county health requirements as our guide for whether or not we should be conducting worship so we decided to follow the plan of local authorities.

Our website has a new option for people to give offerings & we'll have to abide with that for right now.
None of this has caught God by surprise so I'm sure He will bring healing to our land as we call upon Him!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/21/20 5:56 pm

Post skinnybishop
Nm
3/23/20 11:06 am

Post Saw your post skinny jimmyjon
And I submit this. Which I will watch and pray for intently for Tanzania to be blessed. Tanzanian president refuses to cancel church meetings saying that this virus is demonic and can only be beaten with prayer and faith. Wow. You mean the book of Acts? You mean the Book of Exodus? Wow. Hmmm
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217410737004609&id=1360191001&set=a.10200882249002739&source=57
Hey, DOC
3/23/20 9:54 pm

Post Re: We have told Link
jimmyjon wrote:
Those who are elderly, immunity challenged and at risk and those who are sick to stay home. We will social distance and not shake hands. No one is forced to come nor told they dont have any faith if they stay home either.
You could take them some (socially distanced) communion and a DVD or VHS of the meeting if they can't stream.
3/23/20 11:45 pm

Post Re: Saw your post skinny Dave Dorsey
jimmyjon wrote:
And I submit this. Which I will watch and pray for intently for Tanzania to be blessed. Tanzanian president refuses to cancel church meetings saying that this virus is demonic and can only be beaten with prayer and faith. Wow. You mean the book of Acts? You mean the Book of Exodus? Wow. Hmmm
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217410737004609&id=1360191001&set=a.10200882249002739&source=57

Is this your approach for cancer? Not following the advice of doctors or pursuing treatment, just prayer and faith?

If it isn't, you're not being consistent.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/24/20 4:22 am

Post Yesterday we sent out an email to all our members and friends jimmyjon
And we posted this on our FB in addition. This is just part of how we are reaching out to our community. Our food pantry remains open but second harvest is restricting what we can get and their sources are drying up. Not sure how much longer we can stay open although we do get 2 pickups from Food Lion each wee but it too is much less as they are selling nearly everything before it goes put of date. We will be in person up to 50 and livestreaming. We are also livestreaming prayer times now and youth are using zoom and asking how we can help. We are picking up groceries people have ordered online and delivering it for some elderly also. Here is partial of what we posted.

PRAYER TIMES
Join us as we pray together this week. Our in house numbers are now limited to 50 people, but we will Live-Stream Tuesday at 9 AM and Wednesday at 6:30 PM. If you would like to join in you can watch on Facebook or Youtube. Click either link to join in.

THERE WILL BE NO CHILD CARE OR CHILDREN'S MINISTRIES AT THIS TIME
YOUTH WILL BE MEETING ONLINE ONLY

Sunday Services
The Governor has announced no groups over 50 can meet together. We will continue to Live-Stream all of our services and hope that you are able to participate that way. With the limitations in place, we will be careful about how many people are permitted in the building at one time. We will continue to be here if anyone in our church family or community needs anything but we need to keep the group size small. We will have an overflow room open if necessary on Sundays but we encourage you to watch from home if you are able. Please continue to agree with us that this crisis will end quickly.

Weekly Devo
It's important during this time that we are being careful about what we are feeding our spirits. With that in mind, Pastor ...will begin sharing a weekly devotional starting this week. You can find that on our Facebook and Youtube Live-Streams as well.

Needs
If you or someone you know is in need of food or necessities please let us know. We have a team ready to take things out into the community. You can reach us by email or call ......

WATCH ONLINE

Facebook Youtube

or Download our App
(search for ......Church in the App Store or Google Play)
Giving
Thank you for your generous giving during this time. We believe that as you sow you will also reap.

You can give on our website: http://www........

or mail your check to:
......Church - ...

Join our email list
Feel free to share this email.
If you aren't yet on our mailing list you can sign up on our website .......
scroll to the bottom of the page and enter your email address
Hey, DOC
3/24/20 6:39 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic