Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

SPWC has suspended services.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post SPWC has suspended services. sheepdogandy
We are going facebook live stream.

Also working to live stream from our web site.

Chattooga County Commissioner Jason Winters and Sheriff Mark Schrader are requesting that all churches in the county suspend services during this COVID-19 Pandemic. The two officials released a joint statement Friday afternoon:

We appreciate the many Pastors and church congregations that have chosen to suspend services or have church via social media means. For those who have not at this point, after consultation with area health care professionals, Commissioner Jason Winters and Sheriff Mark Schrader would like to strongly urge you to consider suspending your congregational services for the next two weeks.

As of noon today our county does not have any confirmed cases of the corona virus, but with rising numbers within our own State we must continue to be proactive in taking steps to ensure social distancing and limiting exposure for all of our residents, especially those in the high risk groups. We respect your decisions concerning your church.

If you choose to continue services please consider not holding Sunday School in smaller areas, please refrain from serving public meals and avoid having members in close proximity to each other, i.e. church choir. Also, have someone that can ensure that surfaces and door knobs are repeatedly wiped down to prevent potential spread. Lastly, we would like to thank our pastors and other community members for their continued prayers for our community and community leaders during these times.

Commissioner Jason Winters

Sheriff Mark A. Schrader

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/20/20 12:46 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Good call, Pastor Andy. Thank you. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/20/20 1:04 pm

Post Re: SPWC has suspended services. shaunbwilson
I salute your leadership and celebrate your desire to protect the sheep that have been entrusted to you. I know this couldn't have been an easy decision to make, but I believe it shows wisdom and the seriousness with which you take your responsibility.

Blessings to you and your congregation.
3/20/20 2:14 pm

Post MrSippi
Wow! Just now making that call? Are there any churches really planning on still having services at this point? Our church made the decision to cancel this Sunday's service last Sunday and instructed people on how to watch online. I would hate to know that we were scrambling to it with 1 1/2 days notice! Friendly Face
3/20/20 4:08 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
MrSippi wrote:
Wow! Just now making that call? Are there any churches really planning on still having services at this point? Our church made the decision to cancel this Sunday's service last Sunday and instructed people on how to watch online. I would hate to know that we were scrambling to it with 1 1/2 days notice!

Snarky much? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/20/20 9:31 pm

Post We will have in person and online jimmyjon
Services sunday up to 100 people as mandated by our governor. Hey, DOC
3/20/20 9:45 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
We are going to have a drive-in service. I’ll be leading the singing and preaching from the front steps of our church for those who come. We will ask them to stay in their vehicles or bring their own lawn chairs, so long as they practice social distancing. Internet in our little town is too slow to do Facebook live or live-streaming video. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/21/20 11:44 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
We are going to have a drive-in service. I’ll be leading the singing and preaching from the front steps of our church for those who come. We will ask them to stay in their vehicles or bring their own lawn chairs, so long as they practice social distancing. Internet in our little town is too slow to do Facebook live or live-streaming video.

This is a VERY cool idea to get around an inability to livestream while still protecting your people. Thank you for sharing it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/21/20 11:47 am

Post MrSippi
Carolyn Smith wrote:
MrSippi wrote:
Wow! Just now making that call? Are there any churches really planning on still having services at this point? Our church made the decision to cancel this Sunday's service last Sunday and instructed people on how to watch online. I would hate to know that we were scrambling to it with 1 1/2 days notice!

Snarky much? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I didn't intend to be, really! The Federal Government asked that no more than 10 people assemble on Tuesday. I am genuinely shocked that churches are just making decisions on this so late! Really shocked! We have a COG congregation in North Georgia where an individual has died! It has been all over the national news. Sorry for appearing "snarky". I just really don't understand the logic of some churches at this point into this thing!
Friendly Face
3/21/20 9:58 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic