Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Prayer needed, thanks

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Prayer needed, thanks Cojak
I am blessed and very fortunate with my health.
Several things did not go well in Florida this winter so we returned to NC much sooner than expected. For over a month I have been experiencing some abdominal pain.

The last week along with the trip it became too much, I went to the ER. The first thing the doctor pointed out is "AT YOUR AGE' we meed to check you out thoroughly. Two different series of blood tests, taken from different sources. Urine analysis and two cat-scans. nothing out of the ordinary was discovered. I was released and the first time in my life I asked for pain meds.

The pain meds are supposed to be for 'severe pain', they do not do the job completely. OUCH.

I have an appointment for a second opinion in a week or so. Something is causing the pain..... Confused Confused Confused Confused

I do appreciate the prayers of you all. I trust you, and believe you are men and women of God. I also trust God and love Him with all my heart.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/9/20 9:10 pm

Post Cojak
A funny but not funny incident at the last truck stop for diesel on the way home.
Just after filling up in Rock HIll, SC, a man waved me down in the Truck stop parking area. He was a pilot being transferred to SAnford, FL airport from Ohio. All his ID and money had been stolen, he had just finished his report to the police. There was a lot more to the dude's story, even tears for having to ask for help. Anything we could loan him for gas for the UHAUL and car and food to Sanford would be appreciated, he was so ashamed to ask.
It was a very good story, good enough to a sick old man to give him all the cash on me, then go the ATM and draw out the max giving him $550 to get him and his wife and child back on the road. He couldn't believe I would do this, I said I can't believe it either. LOL. He was to FED EX the money back to me within 3 days.

The odd thing is it was a last minute decision to stop at the Flying J. After listening, I felt 'hey the Lord was in this. I wasn't even going to stop, we still had over a half tank.'

Anyway, yep the dude was a very good con man. He hit at the right time and pushed the right buttons (The Lord, USMC, Parris Island and travel).
We won't starve, but I am just so hurt that my judgement was so lax. BUT I am still a believer that somehow some good will/can come from it all. I did talk a little about the LOrd.

Hind sight is 20/20. Life is still good. God is still good and I am still fallible. LOL It makes a great story, I did tell our pastor we had to use our Tithe (NOT).
I still need your prayers. Smile Cool

Now, since we haven't heard from the man, he could still be on the up and up. Lost his phone with phone # & address, lost my card, an accident and more. I will be very willing to post an apology if Mr. FEDEX stops by our house with money. Smile

Last edited by Cojak on 2/9/20 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/9/20 9:34 pm

Post jeremiah2911_4me
Cojak wrote:
A funny but not funny incident at the last truck stop for diesel on the way home.
Just after filling up in Rock HIll, SC, a man waved me down in the Truck stop parking area. He was a pilot being transferred to SAnford, FL airport from Ohio. All his ID and money had been stolen, he had just finished his report to the police. There was a lot more to the dude's story, even tears for having to ask for help. Anything we could loan him for gas for the UHAUL and car and food to Sanford would be appreciated, he was so ashamed to ask.
It was a very good story, good enough to a sick old man to give him all the cash on me, then go the ATM and draw out the max giving him $550 to get him and his wife and child back on the road. He couldn't believe I would do this, I said I can't believe it either. LOL. He was to FED EX the money back to me within 3 days.

The odd thing is it was a last minute decision to stop at the Flying J. After listening, I felt 'hey the Lord was in this. I wasn't even going to stop, we still had over a half tank.'

Anyway, yep the dude was a very good con man. He hit at the right time and pushed the right buttons (The Lord, USMC, Parris Island and travel).
We won't starve, but I am just so hurt that my judgement was so lax. BUT I am still a believer that somehow some good will/can come from it all. I did talk a little about the LOrd.

Hind sight is 20/20. Life is still good. God is still good and I am still fallible. LOL It makes a great story, I did tell our pastor we had to use ou Tithe (NOT).
I still need your prayers. Smile Cool

Now, since we haven't heard from the man, he could still be on the up and up. Lost his phone with phone # & address, lost my card, an accident and more. I will be very willing to post an apology if Mr. FEDEX stops by our house with money. Smile

Cojak

I am so sorry you had to deal with this...you have such a huge heart for hurting people...just doesnt seem fair at times...I will be praying that God restores to you 100 fold and in addition if the man is a con that the Holy Spirit will convict him on the spot..

Bless you brother!!
Acts-celerater
2/9/20 10:16 pm

Post Praying for you my friend roughridercog
This has not taken God by surprise. He already has made provision for you.
2/10/20 8:08 am

Post Bro Bob
You will be fine and greatly rewarded.

My prayers are for him. His future is much more bleak.

Thank you for sharing this.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/10/20 11:33 am

Post Eduardo Nieves
Praying for you my brother.
Romanos 8:37
37 Sin embargo, en todo esto somos más que vencedores por medio de aquel que nos amó.

"A Church Without Walls, A Place for All People"
El Nuevo Mana
Eduardo Nieves
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/10/20 2:59 pm

Post Cojak...a couple of things.... Aaron Scott
First, Jesus has no doubt saved MILLIONS of people that He knew would eventually turn away from Him. He saved them anyway.

When you open your heart, you can't control how people will use your gifts. Some may be touched enough to eventually change their ways. Some may never change. But giving to TRY to do something good for someone is what registers in heaven, I believe. I'd say you laid up a lot more than a few hundred dollars' worth of treasure in heaven.

Just FYI, I have found that rest areas and the such are hunting grounds for con men. They'll act like their car is broke down, etc., and will hit you up for at least something.

Another con is the old "I'm trying to get home to see my dying mother" (or some such). They prey on generous hearts. They want money for bus fare or gas, etc. I've been burned so many times I am afraid I've grown a bit jaded.

But then I've had moments when I just knew something divine took place.....

Now, about those pain pills. If you're still feeling pain, you might ought to take an extra half of a pill (or a whole pill). I have been prescribed ONE pill for my pain...only to find that it took THREE to get over the pain (oh, and it feels wonderful--watch a movie and you'll think it is the most wonderful movie ever!--ha!).

Love you, my friend. You are generous with those who are in your path.
And that generosity will be rewarded one day, I'm sure.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/10/20 4:35 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
🙏 [Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/10/20 7:07 pm

Post Preacher777
Cojak, so sorry you are having health issues and then the guy giving you a story for money. You are a blessing to so many people. God knows your heart and will reward you. On another note, usually doctors who do not know you personally will not prescribe strong pain medications. I encourage you to get something stronger from your family doctor. He/she knows your history and the fact you are not looking for pain meds to sell or abuse. Friendly Face
2/11/20 9:28 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic