Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Lee University announces new president

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Lee University announces new president Out of Paper
The Lee University Board of Directors has chosen a new president to succeed Dr. Paul Conn, who announced late last year that he will step down on August 1.

The next president will be Dr. Mark L. Walker, who has been a Vice President at Lee since 2017. The announcement of Walker’s selection was made by Dennis Livingston, chairman of the university Board of Directors, following an extensive search which included faculty, alumni, community leaders, and the Church of God Executive Committee.
1/31/20 2:53 pm

Post Brandon Bowers
Good stuff! Makes sense, and a great choice.
1/31/20 4:12 pm

Post MI6
nep·o·tism - /ˈnepəˌtizəm/ - noun: nepotism - the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

So we are to assume that This son of a son of a son of the COG was the only person - inside or outside the COG - that could or should be the President of Lee University.

Question - How many other Pentecostal University/College Presidents were interviewed?

I am not surprised by this move, this is who and what the COG has been and Is...
AND
This is why the COG is falling behind as a denomination.
Friendly Face
2/2/20 10:22 am

Post Makes sense! spartanfan
MI6 wrote:
nep·o·tism - /ˈnepəˌtizəm/ - noun: nepotism - the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

So we are to assume that This son of a son of a son of the COG was the only person - inside or outside the COG - that could or should be the President of Lee University.

Question - How many other Pentecostal University/College Presidents were interviewed?

I am not surprised by this move, this is who and what the COG has been and Is...
AND
This is why the COG is falling behind as a denomination.

Dr. Mark appreciates our heritage and understands our culture. He loves our church and will work well with the Chancellor. A smart/wise move that should give a sense of continuance to the positive things happening under President Paul. The only one qualified - no. The right choice - probably. I mean, do you want someone who doesn't love/know/understand the church of God? Of course not. I applaud the move!
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
2/2/20 4:59 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I agree with spartanfan. All else being equal when it comes to qualifications, character, integrity, etc. it makes all the sense in the world to name someone who already knows and understands the culture and aim of an institution.

If Dr. Walker was not eminently qualified for this position, or was not a person of great character, then nepotism could be a charge. However he is both eminently qualified and a person of great character, so it is hard to see any reason why the COG would look past him simply because he has a COG heritage. Him having a COG heritage in addition to his other qualifications is a pro, not a con.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
2/2/20 5:12 pm

Post I pray he will be a good fit. roughridercog
Let's allow him to make the job his own.
2/2/20 5:55 pm

Post UncleJD
Will he continue the tradition of appointing the head of the county democratic party as the head of faculty and hiring liberal professors and theologians? Asking for a friend. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/3/20 12:16 pm

Post Out of Paper
UncleJD wrote:
Will he continue the tradition of appointing the head of the county democratic party as the head of faculty and hiring liberal professors and theologians? Asking for a friend.

Maybe, most likely not since Dirksen is "retired".
2/3/20 4:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic