Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

This clip is all over the net because of Paula's new prominence... curious what kind of a witness you think this is (V)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post This clip is all over the net because of Paula's new prominence... curious what kind of a witness you think this is (V) Dave Dorsey
https://twitter.com/GuthrieGF/status/1221208783411650560

(this guy is a leftist progressive 'Christian' and I am not endorsing him, his Twitter account, or anything he says or believes -- just sharing the video of White)

Last edited by Dave Dorsey on 3/9/20 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/25/20 9:56 pm

Post Re: This clip is all over the net because of Paula's new prominence... curious what kind of a witness you think this is Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
https://twitter.com/GuthrieGF/status/1221208783411650560

(this guy is a leftist progressive 'Christian' and I am not endorsing him, his Twitter account, or anything he says or believes -- just sharing the video of White)

The body of Christ comes in all kinds of shapes & sizes!
...I don't really care for the way she is praying here because it comes across as something that is appealing to the crowd but I know the phrase about mis-carriage is being used in the spirit sense ...not the literal.
She isn't declaring miscarriages for women.

She's out there ...no doubt about it, but I say let God deal with her, it's His daughter!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/25/20 10:34 pm

Post Can one be a leftist progressive christian? caseyleejones
I know what your implication is. While some of what they advocate is not biblical or unbiblical(big govt and redistribution), they do advocate for abortion and gay rights. The bible is a guide book to them that you can pick and choose. Acts-perienced Poster
1/26/20 10:36 am

Post UncleJD
she makes it clear that "satanic pregnancy" is metaphorical when she says in the same sentence "any plan of harm". There's a lot to criticize about PW (and I often do), but this isn't one of those times. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/26/20 10:52 am

Post caseyleejones
Not a PW fan ....it's a spiritual nothing burger.... Acts-perienced Poster
1/26/20 11:13 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Really guys??? It's obvious to me also that the satanic pregnancies is metaphorical, but you're okay with that? you're okay with coming against the marine and animal kingdoms? you're ok with the world looking at this and it being no big deal that this is the view they are being given of you and your faith? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/20 11:37 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Seriously, someone please give me the biblical text that teaches the doctrine of metaphorical satanic pregnancies and prayers for their miscarriage.

This isn't Christianity, folks. There has to be a line somewhere where orthodox Pentecostal and charismatic believers draw the line against hypercharismatic error and say, "This is not in any sense representative of biblical or historic Christianity," doesn't there? What would it take for someone to be on the other side of that line for you?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/20 11:54 am

Post Patrick Harris
Simply put. No it’s not representative of being a Christian or of Christianity as a whole.
But then I have very low expectations of anything that come from her mouth.
Acts Enthusiast
1/26/20 1:57 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Really guys??? It's obvious to me also that the satanic pregnancies is metaphorical, but you're okay with that? you're okay with coming against the marine and animal kingdoms? you're ok with the world looking at this and it being no big deal that this is the view they are being given of you and your faith?

Dave, the world is going to judge her (us), no matter how we say it unless it's a prayer that is read from some English cathedral in front of the Queen with pomp & circumstance.
Now I don't know why she prayed the way she did but I do know that there are things in the spirit world that have to be addressed in a spirit manner that we're not comfy with nor are we accustomed to hearing people speak prayers against evil, kinda makes us uneasy.
As soon as we start praying prayers of pulling down strongholds & we begin naming those strongholds the world is going to un-hinge & make fun of us for even doing such a thing.

I'm not her biggest fan & nor do I align myself with her style of ministry but millions do accept her & they think she's spot on.
The part about marine & animal kingdoms might have just been her loss of words during the prayer or maybe she was prompted ...who really knows??
But I for one am not in a position to judge her.
I can inspect the fruit of the believer but who is in a position to challenge her motivations or lack thereof?

What are you focused on?
1/26/20 3:10 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I can't speak to her motivation. Nor am I suggesting anyone should do so. I have no idea about the authenticity of her relationship with God. I can only speak to the doctrine that is evident in this prayer and we are absolutely all in a position to judge it, and are commanded by Scripture to do so.

The resistance of Pentecostals to draw a line against clear hypercharismatic error is a serious problem in today's mainstream Pentecostal movements. You don't have to turn her out of the church as an unbeliever to admit this is unbiblical and wrong, and that she shouldn't be leading a congregation in prayer until she has an opportunity to learn the Word more fully.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/20 3:39 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I can't speak to her motivation. Nor am I suggesting anyone should do so. I have no idea about the authenticity of her relationship with God. I can only speak to the doctrine that is evident in this prayer and we are absolutely all in a position to judge it, and are commanded by Scripture to do so.

The resistance of Pentecostals to draw a line against clear hypercharismatic error is a serious problem in today's mainstream Pentecostal movements. You don't have to turn her out of the church as an unbeliever to admit this is unbiblical and wrong, and that she shouldn't be leading a congregation in prayer until she has an opportunity to learn the Word more fully.

Why? Because your opinion is absolute? And I don't mean that as an attack.
I guess you & I would have to part ways as to the definition or method by which one communicates doctrine.
I don't see a stance of doctrine per se but I will admit I see an immature version of spiritual warfare via prayer.
Again this method of prayer in audible ways seems to incite something in the attenders in my opinion.

What are you focused on?
1/26/20 3:51 pm

Post My first thought is you were joking here...but I guess not... caseyleejones
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Really guys??? It's obvious to me also that the satanic pregnancies is metaphorical, but you're okay with that? you're okay with coming against the marine and animal kingdoms? you're ok with the world looking at this and it being no big deal that this is the view they are being given of you and your faith?

The Gospel is foolish to those on the outside. The fact that we stand against abortion and gay marriage alone puts a Christ Follower as an extreme hater and intolerant. Christianity is a bunch of bigots according to them. In a sense though, what PW has said I have heard in COG and AG circles.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/26/20 5:50 pm

Post Cojak
All this stuff is way above my pay-grade. I was never exposed to this commanding and demanding . I do know it was done in scriptures. I know when our Lord demanded or commanded, IT HAPPENED. Then the time when the disciples said, WHY not us? He let them know it was thru prayer and fasting. I am not sure of their results later.

I must admit my first impression is Paula is crazy or over wordful! But then I don't even know her and the results or fruits of her labor.

Does she still pastor in Apopka? I would guess she does it from afar. I never attended there just knew of it because of a nearby RV site.

Sure Paula scares me, a lot of the new stuff scares me. Much of this stuff confuses the stuffings out of me. (Inc. Jakes, Olsteen, Hagee, Mr 700 club and a few more) I know a few more old folk who are just as confused and we have to say, I have to stick to what I know, feel and believe. Shocked

I am afraid it is like shooting at a moving target, you might hit the wrong thing. Confused

Last edited by Cojak on 1/26/20 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/26/20 5:53 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
caseyleejones wrote:
The Gospel is foolish to those on the outside. The fact that we stand against abortion and gay marriage alone puts a Christ Follower as an extreme hater and intolerant. Christianity is a bunch of bigots according to them. In a sense though, what PW has said I have heard in COG and AG circles.

The preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing. The notion that God would take on human flesh and come and die to redeem a people who had rebelled against him is a foolish message to those who are perishing. With respect, 1 Cor 1:18-25 is not a universal license to act completely insane and then claim it's okay because the Bible said Christianity would be foolish to those who were perishing.

With regard to the comment about COG and AG circles, I don't disagree... and that goes to show how far this stuff has gotten into modern Pentecostal practice. It definitely is not a part of historic orthodox Pentecostalism by any stretch of the imagination.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/20 5:53 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I'm not looking for a fight or an argument, it's clear I'm viewing this differently than pretty much everyone else here (Patrick and Cojak excepted) and that's okay. I personally am kind of shocked what you guys are willing to drink down, and I don't mean that harshly or judgmentally, but I know it probably sounds that way and I'm sorry for that. This definitely is not the reaction I was anticipating receiving, but I respect and appreciate your sincere disagreement. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/20 5:59 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
I am not a PW fanboy at all but I do think that her prayer is pretty clear in meaning.

As to Scriptural support for any of it and especially the quote in question, I would just point out James 1:12-18, which says, "12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures."

According to James, sin is "conceived" in the mind.

Psalm 21:8-12 says, "Your hand will find all Your enemies;
Your right hand will find those who hate You.
9 You shall make them as a fiery oven in the time of Your anger;
The Lord shall swallow them up in His wrath,
And the fire shall devour them.
10 Their offspring You shall destroy from the earth,
And their descendants from among the sons of men.
11 For they intended evil against You;
They devised a plot which they are not able to perform.

12 Therefore You will make them turn their back;
You will make ready Your arrows on Your string toward their faces.

PW is most definitely praying against these kinds of plans and schemes.

As to the praying against animal life that does seem extra but I would be curious if the context is also spiritual. I don't have enough off of that clip and I don't care enough to go research her more.

I will pray for her because she has been given the ear of our president. I pray that she will provide him with Godly counsel.
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
1/26/20 8:14 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Brandon Bohannon wrote:
I will pray for her because she has been given the ear of our president. I pray that she will provide him with Godly counsel.

On that point we can certainly agree.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/20 8:35 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I say she’s a whacko nut. Nothing but hyper WOF goofiness is all this clip is. She does have a winsome personality, speaks well, and is above average in looks, so undiscerning, selfishly motivated people like Trump absolutely love her. Christianity without a cross to bear is so appealing to the worldly wise. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/26/20 11:10 pm

Post Link
to me, the miscarry comment is clearly a metaphor, not talking about Rose Mary's baby, but nonChristian libs might not know that. Her prayer is thick with Charismatic terminology I find irritating like, "I come against any..." instead of making requests to God. But there are people near and dear to me who do that. Maybe it's akin to commanding the mountain. The use of "Jezebel" is a little irritating, too. In the Bible, she was a queen. Jesus called someone who had designated herself a prophetess who was teaching people to commit idolatry and to eat meat offered to idols 'that woman Jezebel.'
1/27/20 9:49 am

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
....Charismatic terminology I find irritating like, "I come against any..." instead of making requests to God. But there are people near and dear to me who do that. Maybe it's akin to commanding the mountain.

Also to me, the sound of that takes on the ME and not Him. But I honestly try to 'let it be', because I do not know the 'Prophet'. Shocked Confused

I do know it sounds like a lot of VERBAGE to people not familiar with the various Charismatics.
Side note, I think Mr. Trump like many other presidents would appear to 'listen' to a 'preacher', but do what he wants to anyway.

That aside, I agree with much Trump has done, and unless the Democrats put a better horse in the race, he gets my vote. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/27/20 10:42 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic