Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Church to usher out senior members in effort to attract young parishioners (L) UPDATE: pastor says story not accurate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Link
UncleJD wrote:
Link wrote:
This approach is totally unbiblical, of course. Young people need older people to look up to. A lot of churches separate young and old all the time instead of letting them interact and fellowship together.

This "pastor" and his entire denomination in America just voted for gay ministers and marriage. Of course everything else they do is unbiblical. And they can disguise it all they want but most likely this is an effort to go gay, not necessarily young. They want to clean-slate the church and remove the last conservatives they had.

It crossed my mind that kicking out older members could be used as a strategy for a prosexual perversion group within the denomination to change up the membership and get the building during the split, but i don't know the details of their denomination.
1/23/20 1:38 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
My thought is that, if true, at least they are being up front about it. In full gospel churches, they just change the music, lighting, stage, dress, etc., and then the alienated older generation just leaves on its own while the new leadership is hailed as forward-thinking and visionary. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/23/20 9:17 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
My thought is that, if true, at least they are being up front about it. In full gospel churches, they just change the music, lighting, stage, dress, etc., and then the alienated older generation just leaves on its own while the new leadership is hailed as forward-thinking and visionary.

Ouch. Not a bad point! Embarassed
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/23/20 9:29 am

Post UncleJD
Link wrote:

It crossed my mind that kicking out older members could be used as a strategy for a prosexual perversion group within the denomination to change up the membership and get the building during the split, but i don't know the details of their denomination.

Its the UMC, they are splitting based on North American vote to include gay "ministers" and perform gay "weddings". They are officially no longer a church. You can read this pastor's twitter page where he is obviously pro-lgbtq, anti-Trump, feminist, etc... I strongly suspect financial backing from Soros backed social justice organizations, there is no way a church could survive financially by losing their real supporters.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/23/20 9:49 am

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
My thought is that, if true, at least they are being up front about it. In full gospel churches, they just change the music, lighting, stage, dress, etc., and then the alienated older generation just leaves on its own while the new leadership is hailed as forward-thinking and visionary.

Ouch. Not a bad point! Embarassed

Yes, to the Ouch! that does seem to happen too many times. That also causes some good folk to become bitter. Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/23/20 10:07 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic