Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Travis Johnson

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Travis Johnson sadlytrue77
Obviously is on his way to greater things. Maybe he gets a place in Cleveland... maybe he goes full time with his non profit work. But it is hard to imagine him being in Alabama for more than couple assembly cycles. Will Alabama abide another out of state appointment at such a high profile church?

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
1/11/20 10:24 am

Post revuriah
I just rejoice that God is using Travis for great things.

I never understood the “out-of-state” mindset. I’ve learned to keep my hand on my own plow and letting God open the doors. But I also have little chance of being appointed to any church, let alone a high-profile one in our system currently.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/11/20 1:28 pm

Post Re: Travis Johnson MrSippi
sadlytrue77 wrote:
Obviously is on his way to greater things. Maybe he gets a place in Cleveland... maybe he goes full time with his non profit work. But it is hard to imagine him being in Alabama for more than couple assembly cycles. Will Alabama abide another out of state appointment at such a high profile church?

With all due respect, this post is wrong in so many ways. Travis is a great pastor and leader right now. Why do some COG people think that “greater things” is a “position in Cleveland”? I guess I just see things in a different perspective. I would think that a position in Cleveland would be a demotion from the great things that are taking place right now. I don’t know Travis personally, but I know people well who know him well. I can see him being in Alabama a long time.

Secondly, if Travis were to ever leave Pathway (I don’t for-see such a thing happening), who cares what “Alabama abides”? The question would be what is best for Pathway Church.

Last edited by MrSippi on 1/11/20 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
1/11/20 3:26 pm

Post Da Sheik
I’m not going to address any of the OP’s questions other than to say, at best, his remarks lack decorum. In addition to doing a great work in his respective ministries , Travis has been a valued contributor here for many years. He deserves better than this. Acts Enthusiast
1/11/20 4:24 pm

Post I don't feel it is appropriate to dog a poster who posts caseyleejones
under his real name when the other person does so under a pen name.

I did so a long time ago and I was wrong. Some do know the real me here but it is tacky to attack another poster.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/11/20 4:26 pm

Post Cojak
Oh my, I am reminded of TWO real instances.
1. While on extended stay at a NC beach area. An acquaintance said, "WE had great beaches having many shells and sand dollars to gather and sell, until the tourists came here and ruin it."
That person had moved to the beach area ten years ago, first as a Tourist.
2..At one of the Florida churches I attended I met Charlie lately from Ohio. Charlie drove an LP delivery truck one of his standard statements was, "These snow birds should go back where they came from, they are ruining Florida." I asked him once how many of us snowbirds used his product to give him a job? He let me know in no uncertain terms, I was not a snow bird, I owned down here. I just said OK.
To the OP
Since the beginning of my life in the COG pastors have moved from state to state. Some out of necessity, some called, some following the directions of their Lord.
I have met Bro. Johnson only once. And after following his posts here I believe he will be where out Lord wants him, whether it is Cleveland, NYC or Santiago. Not sure where this post is going.
But I do sorta see it as Da Sheik. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/11/20 11:03 pm

Post Re: Travis Johnson Tom Sterbens
sadlytrue77 wrote:

In the spirit of your byline: "Hate to say it but it is true"

I am grateful the economy of thought, reflected in this post, has begun to evaporate from the leadership culture of the Church of God. The leadership/stewardship philosophy of the "Kingdom of God" has always been a meritocracy - "take from him who has not and give to him who has." It is counterintuitive (Matthew 13, Matthew 25, Luke 19, etc.) - and that is from the lips of Jesus. While this is an abundantly clear principle in the Kingdom of God - it has not been in the Church of God. That is changing - and I think you will see more of that even at the next General Assembly.

Your post would imply that a different approach should have been taken in the appointment process - which would have resulted in a different pastoral assignment. It is my belief that Pathway Church of God in Mobile AL received just the right pastoral appointment and just the right person to navigate the unique Kingdom occasion at hand. The fruit/stewardship seems to substantiate that. The words of Jesus seem to substantiate it as well - and I must say, I do like that He actually attached his name to His opinion. But that's me.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/18/20 8:21 pm

Post Re: Travis Johnson Link
MrSippi wrote:
sadlytrue77 wrote:

With all due respect, this post is wrong in so many ways. Travis is a great pastor and leader right now. Why do some COG people think that “greater things” is a “position in Cleveland”

Cleveland makes me think of presidents from the 1800's. Speaking presidents in the 1800's, Garfield stepped down as an elder of his local church before moving to Washington to be president.

He said he was leaving the highest position in the land to become president of the United States.

Why would taking a position in a religious organization be a higher role than being an overseer in a local church?
1/23/20 1:06 am

Post Re: Travis Johnson Dr.Acts
Link wrote:
Cleveland makes me think of presidents from the 1800's. Speaking presidents in the 1800's, Garfield stepped down as an elder of his local church before moving to Washington to be president.

Oh, dear, the Spirit of prophecy...
Friendly Face
4/20/20 9:21 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic