Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Seed FAith ?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Seed FAith ? Cojak
I have heard this for years. Seems TV/ Radio preachers use it most.
BUT a week or so go I saw an entry on the internet of a Seed Faith offering for the COG general offices, to pay off a huge debt.

I thought that was taken care of a few years ago. I remember touring the new facilities and knowing 'something' about over spending, but I thought that was wiped out . I reckon I was mistaken.

I was just surprised to read we too are joining in on the 'seed faith' issue. Is this a general church thing asking offerings from all churches?

I think I understand the basic idea, but could someone explain it in simple terms?

I have read the statements like, "The man wants you to plant your seed in his garden, etc"
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/17/20 2:54 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Let me guess: the person who came up with the idea of having a seed faith offering is not the one who will be forking over the "seed". [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/17/20 3:22 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Let me guess: the person who came up with the idea of having a seed faith offering is not the one who will be forking over the "seed".

Not sure about that, I was just curious if this is something our denomination is behind? If so, WHAT does it actually mean? Confused

I could be very wrong in my approach, but the few times I have actually seen the 'Seed Faith' idea used, from my heart the person seemed shady or questionable. It makes me wonder???? Confused

PS: I have been in and around the COG all my life, attended 100s of churches in many states, I have never heard a local pastor use the term for local churches. Not saying it doesn't happen, I am just not familiar with it in our denomination.
1/17/20 7:44 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I would also be very surprised to hear that a "seed faith" offering was being promoted by any COG official, especially at the regional or national level. (And I'm grateful the COG does not engage in that sort of thing!)

I have heard it in a local COG church, but I would be shocked to hear something like that from a COG office or official.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/17/20 8:21 pm

Post Cojak
Maybe I am out of step here. I decided I had better look this up rather than take someone's statement on the internet. This is what I found, I am still not sure what to think of it.
The end result is definitely a good cause.
https://www.faithnews.cc/?p=29544
1/17/20 9:40 pm

Post Link
Did Oral Roberts coin the term, and the WOFers in the nearby suburb of Broken Arrow run with it?
1/17/20 9:53 pm

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
Did Oral Roberts coin the term, and the WOFers in the nearby suburb of Broken Arrow run with it?

I don't really know who coined it. The way I heard it used on radio and TV years ago it just sounded like a money fishing trip for the preacher. I believe in miracles and God supplying needs, because he does. I guess it is who I associate it with. Embarassed

I do not believe our General is a person 'way out there'. The term just conjures up the flim flam.... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
1/17/20 11:57 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Cojak wrote:
Maybe I am out of step here. I decided I had better look this up rather than take someone's statement on the internet. This is what I found, I am still not sure what to think of it.
The end result is definitely a good cause.
https://www.faithnews.cc/?p=29544

I'm not sure what to think of some of the terminology used here either. Though I agree that every part of it seems pure, from Dr. Hill's intentions to the end result.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/18/20 6:04 am

Post Actually shouldn't we stress divestment... roughridercog
Rather than investment. Give freely with no thought of return. Just be a blessing.

But don't worry. There will be a new season of religious buzz words coming down the Christiam TV pike to enable people to bilk and manipulate the giving of others.

Gotta move that warehouse of books and DVDs you know. Laughing
1/18/20 9:22 am

Post Re: Actually shouldn't we stress divestment... Dave Dorsey
roughridercog wrote:
Rather than investment. Give freely with no thought of return. Just be a blessing.

Amen. I have no criticism for Dr. Hill's offering, except to say that it is disappointing to see this sort of terminology being used by an orthodox minister in a very orthodox denomination. It just goes to show how pervasive this language has become.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/18/20 12:25 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic