Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

3 REASONS I’M GLAD TO BE A PART OF THE LAUNCH OF EVANGELICALS FOR TRUMP

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post 3 REASONS I’M GLAD TO BE A PART OF THE LAUNCH OF EVANGELICALS FOR TRUMP Travis Johnson
I wrote this in the Excellent Ministry of the COG facebook forum...thought this would be a good thread to repost it to:

3 REASONS I’M GLAD TO BE A PART OF THE LAUNCH OF EVANGELICALS FOR TRUMP

It has been a privilege to lead my church in praying for every single president we’ve had since I became a lead pastor in 2000. I’ve been glad to have Republican and Democrats political leaders in my church over the years. Many are my friends. I pray for them.

But, I was also very glad to be in Miami Friday night to be a part of the launch group of Evangelicals for Trump. The rally and the evangelical leaders reception afterwards was wonderful.

I was also glad to SIGN and circulate for signing the response to Mark Galli’s and Christianity Today’s article calling into question the faith of millions of evangelicals for supporting President Trump. 176 other evangelicals signed that document rejecting the Mark Galli/Christianity Today editorial telling Christians who support President Trump to “remember who they are and whom they serve.”

It was wonderful being with many of those signers like Dr. Alveda King, James Dobson, Jentezen Franklin, Guillermo Maldonado, Jack Graham, Luke Barnett, some really great COG brothers Tony Stewart, Tony Scott, Kelvin Cobaris, and Kevin Wallace, and a number of other leaders.

WHY? Here’s the deal about the coalition. It’s very simple.

1. PRESIDENT TRUMP IS CLEAR IN HIS PRO-LIFE POSITION -and- HIS PRO-LIFE RESULTS.

49 million babies were aborted worldwide in 2019.

President Trump is bold & clear in his support for the sanctity of life. I video clipped a touch of his speech from the rally. Watch his clear denouncement of the Virginia Governor’s advocacy for allowing a mother and her doctor to decide whether to render medical aid to a baby who has survived an abortion. Gov. Northam is a radical. Those words were and practices are barbaric. President Trump was spot on. We need that clarity from our national leaders and our pastors.

This president expanded the Mexico City Policy, which prohibits US taxpayer funding of international NGOs (non-profits) who provide abortions and who support other NGOs who provide abortion services. I don’t want my money going there. When someone puts an end to that, I’m grateful. I will stand with that.

This COG pastor IS, always HAS BEEN, and ALWAYS WILL BE full throated in my support for the unborn, period.

I reject efforts to diminish evangelicals who are pro-life as not being fully pro-life because they have different views on welfare or universal health insurance or something like that. These are untruths and tools used to diminish the effectiveness of the pro-life movement.

Christians, the world over have built and are building hospitals, children’s homes, and schools. We pour generosity out to improve the lives of strangers the world over like no other group. Attempts to discount the pro-life movement by atheists and some Christians that are “pro-choice but not pro-abortion” should be rejected.

You don’t have to vote like me. But, count me in the group that is going to step up to deal with the shaming of evangelicals who are fully pro-life. You will not find me in the group of evangelicals who provide shade to people who are not.

Unapologetic.
No nuance.
It is what it is.

2. PRESIDENT TRUMP IS DOING A GREAT DEAL FOR RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.

Have you ever been turned down for zoning because you’re a church? I have three times.

Have you ever been cussed out and threatened with arrest by government officers for baptizing people at the beach? My church has. I’ve got one hour of video footage of that situation. Fox News wanted interviews. Alliance Defense Fund wanted to sue. Baptizing someone on Miami beaches is offensive? Have you seen how people act and dress on Miami beaches?

Have you ever been told you had to violate your religious convictions and make wedding cakes for gay marriages? We all heard about that in 2015. These folks got sued into oblivion because of this new wave of LGBT mafia action. Religious freedom in America is not guaranteed. We have to hold onto it.

Mark Galli and Christianity Today wrote in 2016 about that situation and said that “Jesus told his disciples—to put it into today’s terms—that when asked to bake a cake for a gay wedding, we might offer to bake two (Matt. 5:41).”

Crazy talk. Mark Galli, you don’t represent evangelicals. You represent the stand of Christianity this has hijacked or given shade to the hijackers of the Presbyterian and Methodist Church. I’m not going to watch our institutions be co-opted by your ideology. I’m certainly not going to let you shame me without a response. Congratulations on mobilizing evangelicals and pulling us out of our seats.

President Trump has vigorously defended religious liberty in word and deed. It isn’t only his policy. It is his action. It is also my third reason I was glad be a part of this Evangelicals for Trump coalition launch.

3. PRESIDENT TRUMP IS PLACING CONSTITUTIONALISTS IN OUR COURTS.

With four more judicial appointments, the leftist 9th circuit court will be flipped. The Supreme Court will he loaded with SCOTUS judges who will more likely defend the constitution, defend religious liberty, and defend the sanctity of life.

These are the people who gave us legalized abortion. It wasn’t your vote or my vote. It was 7 people on the Supreme Court that legalized abortion. 7 people on the SCOTUS are responsible for almost 62 million aborted infants in the US aince 1973. The POTUS appoints the SCOTUS. Think about that.

President Trump has made great ground. I pray he continues to rack up judicial appointments.

James Dobson asked a good question of Mark Galli upon his high minded shaming of evangelicals and his call for President Trump’s removal:

Which 1 of the 8 pro-abortion Democrats would you ask evangelicals to support?

Some have the same opinion as Gov. Ralph Northam.

All of them are fully pro-abortion.

All would appoint justices like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Elena Kagan, and Stephen Breyer.

So, to my friends who would join Mark Galli in shaming evangelicals who support President Trump because he’s a cusser, because of Ukraine, because he got elected, because of his marital path, tell it to the unborn. Tell it to the bakers.

Feel free to vote for whomever you like. I will not judge you or look down on you.

But, if you’re going to shame me or others for voting for President Trump, I will be very glad to go on the record and stand with the person who most closely aligns with the most critical issues of our day. There is no greater issue before us than the sanctity of life and the religious freedom to stand for it and to practice our faith free of whatever the issue of the day is as articulated by the very fickle pop culture and the politically correct thought mafia.

Glad to be counted.
Acts-dicted
1/9/20 3:14 pm

Post Cojak
basically I agree with your post and position. From what I see in the opposition I cannot see any direction of my vote except for President Donald Trump.
Thanks for posting this. Our president does NEED prayers and support desperately. I pray and hope for our president's ability to lead us thru some rough waters. I do pray for him, and until there is someone on the other ticket convinces me different, Mr Trump gets my vote. Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/9/20 9:51 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Trump 2020.

Keep America Great.
1/10/20 5:57 am

Post diakoneo
A few days ago I saw an actress in her acceptance speech at the Golden Globe Awards praise "the freedom to choose" as a great help to her career. It seems, from her speech, she chose to abort a child to advance her ability to entertain the masses and make big bucks. The audience cheered her "choice". I find this whole scene very disturbing.

All this being said, I am thankful for your stand for good Travis Johnson. The Democrats continue to put up candidates who would call evil good. President Trump is far from perfect but I think he does know the difference between good and evil and attempts to do good.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/10/20 7:44 am

Post What I find interesting is this has less replies than the caseyleejones
thread written about Travis Johnson.

Anyway, very well put.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/12/20 9:29 pm

Post Re: What I find interesting is this has less replies than the Cojak
caseyleejones wrote:
thread written about Travis Johnson.

Anyway, very well put.

Thumb Up Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/12/20 9:54 pm

Post Link
I cannot say that I will not vote for the man when the time comes. Trump does take the 'right' stances on a number of issues. But I am not planning on putting up a sign or bumper sticker for him. If people know me as a Christian and think Christians support someone who constantly slanders others and brags, I can see the problem that the CT editorial writers sees.

If I were a wedding cake baker, I wonder if I could get away with saying we only bake one kind of gay wedding cake-- a cake with a couple of verses from Leviticus written out on it?
1/14/20 11:07 am

Post caseyleejones
If my house is on fire, I do not check to see if the chief is a good moral man. I don't check first to see if he is a christian or not. I need the fire out.

This country was and in a sense still burning from the last admins policies.

I don't want an eloquent person to make me feel good. I need to fix the emergency.

I can say that Trump will get my vote again.

I wonder if people back in King Davids time thought he should have been nicer? King David killed infants, destroyed cities and likely slit the throats of his enemies.

Sometimes it takes radical actions to get back to normal.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/14/20 1:04 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
caseyleejones wrote:
If my house is on fire, I do not check to see if the chief is a good moral man. I don't check first to see if he is a christian or not. I need the fire out.

This country was and in a sense still burning from the last admins policies.

I don't want an eloquent person to make me feel good. I need to fix the emergency.

I can say that Trump will get my vote again.

I wonder if people back in King Davids time thought he should have been nicer? King David killed infants, destroyed cities and likely slit the throats of his enemies.

Sometimes it takes radical actions to get back to normal.
Laughing Very Happy Cool

I've read 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, Psalms and all 1,011 times that David is in the Bible. I love David. I feel like I know David. David is a brother and friend of mine. Donald Trump is no King David. Very Happy

That said, I will vote for him again. Cool
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
1/14/20 6:43 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic