Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Just for fun--If a flying saucer lands...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Just for fun--If a flying saucer lands... roughridercog
How would that change your theology? Come on. Stretch your minds a bit around that one. Laughing
12/31/19 7:17 am

Post Dave Dorsey
It would have extraordinary implications on theological anthropology.

It would have extraordinary implications on our understanding of the Imago Dei, of original sin, of the incarnation, and of redemption.

We would need to learn if God had revealed himself to the alien race and if so how.

But in any case, the theological implications would be absolutely overwhelming.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/31/19 10:46 am

Post Cojak
It would only effect you open minded folk. The rest of us would be sure it was of the devil, and not worth considering. But, It would mess with my mind that is for sure....

The one question top in my mind would be this statement by DD above:

We would need to learn if God had revealed himself to the alien race and if so how.

YEP, exactly what he said. I have wondered that many times. Because somehow I think there is similar life out there, that feeling may be because I see God's HOME out there somewhere.. That definitely is LIFE!

Good discussion idea RR. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/31/19 11:42 am

Post Reading assignment roughridercog
Read the short story by Mark Twain "Captain Stormfields Visit to Heaven."
12/31/19 12:48 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Perry Stone personally told me of a testimony he heard from a well-thought-of, Spirit-filled Christian who claimed to have encountered aliens. This person was supposedly told by the aliens that they worshipped the same God as humans, and understood the plan of redemption for humans. The alien race never fell into sin, and thus did not relate to God in the same way we do.
12/31/19 6:38 pm

Post Cojak
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Perry Stone personally told me of a testimony he heard from a well-thought-of, Spirit-filled Christian who claimed to have encountered aliens. This person was supposedly told by the aliens that they worshipped the same God as humans, and understood the plan of redemption for humans. The alien race never fell into sin, and thus did not relate to God in the same way we do.

I have never heard that before. That is not to say it could not have happened.... Shocked

Also I didn't know about the book by Twain, so I just ordered it, should be interesting. Smile
12/31/19 7:56 pm

Post roughridercog
Cojak wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

I have never heard that before. That is not to say it could not have happened.... Shocked

Also I didn't know about the book by Twain, so I just ordered it, should be interesting. Smile

Let me know how you like the story.
1/1/20 12:10 pm

Post Cojak
roughridercog wrote:
Cojak wrote:

Let me know how you like the story.

The strangest thing about some fiction, it makes you think. For one thing, to thing how small our world is in compared to the WHOLE. But my mind narrowed it down to OUR WORLD, and the number of people welcomed into Heaven from ALL OVER OUR WORLD would be huge methinks. When someone I love passes I see only they approaching the pearly gates. I just started, I am amused that this was written so long ago.
The speeds and numbers he uses are very surprising as he flies thru the galaxies toward heaven. Shocked
1/1/20 9:23 pm

Post Not a bit... Aaron Scott
For all we know, there may be races that are unfallen. Or, if fallen, have not been extended the same grace that we have (we know that the angels desire to look into such things--which I believe refers to fallen angels).

There is nothing in the scriptures that makes me think there aren't other worlds/races.

At the same time, such an event might bring us even greater insight into God, for they may also serve God, being able to tell us things that shed light on certain Bible passages, etc. Who knows?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/2/20 12:43 pm

Post Re: Just for fun--If a flying saucer lands... Link
roughridercog wrote:
How would that change your theology? Come on. Stretch your minds a bit around that one. Laughing

If a saucer hit me in the cheek, I'd have to consider whether 'turn the other cheek' applies to saucers, plates, bowls, etc. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't effect my theology very much.
1/2/20 5:15 pm

Post Link
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I hope he puts that in the category of his mind for 'Stuff not to say on TV.' Maybe he could put some other stuff in that category, like Jacque Cousteau's brother hearing Hellish sounds under water at the Bermuda triangle.
1/2/20 5:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic