Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement. Bro Bob
That is the 11th statement in our Declaration of Faith.

I am not trying to start an argument, please believe me.

What I would like to know is what did the Church mean by that statement in 1948?

What do we mean by it today?

I am not asking for anyone to defend or attack the statement, just tell me what we mean when we say it.

Moderators, if this goes awry, please just delete the entire thread.

BB
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
12/10/19 7:35 pm

Post Bro Bob
Dixon Pentecostal Research Center has some excellent videos on youtube.

I was surprised to find that not only was the entire DoF dealt with in November of 1975 in the campus auditorium (Chapel) at Lee College, in the fall of my own sophomore year, (Attendance not required, I did not go Crying or Very sad ) but each article was examined by various speakers. Article 11, was addressed by Bro Bennie Triplett in the audio at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFAwZxKxxus

I have only watched it once, and observed one particular excellent revelation on the part of Bro Triplett, but I am not sure my main concern was dealt with.

As an elder / deacon at my church, chosen by my fellow laymen, I had a man highly revered in the church and highly respected by myself and my family, a man who served as state overseer for a time, follow James 5:14 and ask me and another elder to come to the hospital and pray for healing for his wife, whom the Drs had given up on. I went to the church and got the bottle of oil out of the pulpit. I went and we prayed earnestly for her and anointed her with oil.

Just like my precious wife, she did not recover.

"Divine healing provided for all..." seems to not be a proper way of describing what we see.

Maybe it is me. My faith is lacking. Maybe that precious pastor's wife and Regina lacked sufficient faith. Maybe my current and former pastors were just not righteous enough. Maybe that former overseer didn't measure up.

Lord, I believe...

BB
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
12/11/19 12:32 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Provided, not guaranteed.

The Spirit impressed something upon me a few weeks ago.

Heaven is better than healing.

Everyone Jesus healed died of something else.

Bro A. B. Carroll possessed a tremendous healing ministry.

Even in his last months as he dealt with his own illness.

He could lay hands on the sick, pray and God would heal them.

I am sure there are times when a lack of faith is to blame.

But, not always.

When God says no it is because He has something better in mind.

Just ask the Apostle Paul.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/11/19 12:56 pm

Post Da Sheik
In my opinion , the way it’s currently worded implies that when you become a Christian and receive full pardon of your sins you also receive physical healing that’s available if you meet the conditions (faith, obedience, etc). I think it should be revised, along with several other articles of the DoF. It’s obvious Paul (the Apostle) didn’t teach this because he told Timothy to drink wine rather than to claim his healing by faith. Acts Enthusiast
12/11/19 5:02 pm

Post Poimen
We were not the first to teach this. Simpson, founder of the C&MA, is usually credited with it. Albeit, several other ministers/ministries coming out of the holiness & pentecostal movements taught this. Their intention was to state that the biblical ideal for Christians is to exercise faith in Christ ALONE for healing. The early COG assembly minutes reflect that exact understanding and intention as well.

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/16/19 3:27 am

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Cojak
I have been hurt to the core by 'mislead' ministers who constantly laid the 'blame' for one not being healed to LACK OF FAITH. I have seen wonderful dedicated loving Christians continually check their lives to see where they are wrong and how to BUILD FAITH.
I am certainly not able to even suggest a better wording, but it should be done. I experienced the same with my hearing, I finally went deaf.

This is a very good discussion thread. I look for some insightful suggestions and answers. Thanks BB.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/16/19 6:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic