Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

My concern about Kanye

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post My concern about Kanye Resident Skeptic
Are people coming to Christ on the merits of Christ, or are they "coming to Christ" because a well-known entertainer is making Jesus seem cool?

I was pondering yesterday about the shallowness of our entertainment-oriented society. Is the Kanye-Jesus phenomenon more evidence of this? Understand, I do not doubt Kanye's sincerity. But I also think if he had converted to Islam, many of these same people would convert to Islam on the merits of Kanye.

And what of Kim? Will Kanye's commitment waver if she makes him choose between her and Jesus? It is too soon to know the depth of Kanye's commitment. Does he truly understand the demands of the gospel? Is Jesus truly Lord in his life? It takes time to determine these things and we should not be looking to a spiritual novice as some great spiritual giant.
11/30/19 7:35 am

Post FLRon
It is a sad testement of the times when the Church latches on to the coat tail of a baby Christian as though he were the example for all to follow.

Of course we all hope he is sincere and that he truly has submitted his heart and life to Christ. That being said, a babe in Christ has a long way to go before the world looks to him as an example. It would be better for him if he would simply get involved in a local church and be taught the word of God.
11/30/19 9:05 am

Post Da Sheik
Too much, too soon. That’s why the Bible warns against putting a novice into leadership. I know he’s not a pastor, but already in the pulpit. Pride is a killer. Acts Enthusiast
11/30/19 4:48 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
+1 to everything in this thread. I hope the very best for Kanye and trust in Christ's power to do what no one else can. With man, the conversion of someone like Kanye is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

That said, for that to happen Kanye needs to get out of the spotlight, into a Bible-believing church, and grow in grace and in the faith. He needs to stay connected to solid pastors and stay away far away from people like Joel Osteen. I'm grateful for threads like this that remind me to get back to praying for him.

Edit: conversion, not conversation

Last edited by Dave Dorsey on 11/30/19 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/30/19 6:59 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
+1 to everything in this thread. I hope the very best for Kanye and trust in Christ's power to do what no one else can. With man, the conversation of someone like Kanye is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

That said, for that to happen Kanye needs to get out of the spotlight, into a Bible-believing church, and grow in grace and in the faith. He needs to stay connected to solid pastors and stay away far away from people like Joel Osteen. I'm grateful for threads like this that remind me to get back to praying for him.

Yes and Amen! Good points and thinking here. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/30/19 7:03 pm

Post Jesus instructions to the man with a legion of demons.... caseyleejones
Luke 8:39 (NKJV)
39 "Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you." And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

I would say this man was well known far and wide and there was no list of instructions given to him.

I understand some of where you are coming from, but, Jesus did this multiple times....they were set free then Jesus told them to go and proclaim it.

It's my take....I await my thrashings.
Acts-perienced Poster
11/30/19 7:56 pm

Post Re: Jesus instructions to the man with a legion of demons.... Cojak
caseyleejones wrote:
Luke 8:39 (NKJV)
39 "Return to your own house, and tell what great things God has done for you." And he went his way and proclaimed throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him.

I would say this man was well known far and wide and there was no list of instructions given to him.

I understand some of where you are coming from, but, Jesus did this multiple times....they were set free then Jesus told them to go and proclaim it.

It's my take....I await my thrashings.
LOL No thrashings here, from what I hear he has done some proclaiming. Wink Smile

We all have opinions, imma thinking is good to express them. good points make us all think!.. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/30/19 9:26 pm

Post What are WE doing? Clint Wills
I have seen relatively LITTLE negativity about Kanye on my social media outlets...thank God! I expected a lot of trash, but haven't really seen it. I've seen a lot of hope and prayer though.

My question is this: are we intimidated that Kanye will do more for the Kingdom than us? It is very easy to talk about the reasons Kanye shouldn't be doing what he is doing, but a little tougher to talk about why we SHOULD be doing what he is doing.

Jesus will be just fine - and so will the church - if Kanye blows it at some point. My honest prayer is that even if people are coming to Christ on the merits on Kanye, then local church pastors will go about our commission to make disciples. Billy Graham had a lifetime of conversions, and thank God for it. But that is the start of major life change - not the end. Let's find all these people who are coming to Christ for whatever the reason, and disciple them well. Ultimately it is the church's job to help them remain.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/2/19 6:04 pm

Post Re: What are WE doing? Dave Dorsey
Clint Wills wrote:
I have seen relatively LITTLE negativity about Kanye on my social media outlets...thank God! I expected a lot of trash, but haven't really seen it. I've seen a lot of hope and prayer though.

Agreed.

Clint Wills wrote:
Jesus will be just fine - and so will the church - if Kanye blows it at some point.

Both of these statements are true. Jesus and the church will be fine. It is the third part of this quote that drives my concern for Kanye. I truly, genuinely, from the bottom of my heart want to see him make his calling and election sure. I am concerned about specific things that historically tend to be negatively correlated with that outcome. To the extent that I wish Kanye or those around him were doing something different, that desire begins and ends with wanting to see Kanye endure to the end so he is able to stand around the throne of glory with God's people.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/2/19 7:50 pm

Post Re: What are WE doing? Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Clint Wills wrote:

Agreed.

Clint Wills wrote:
Jesus will be just fine - and so will the church - if Kanye blows it at some point.

Both of these statements are true. Jesus and the church will be fine. It is the third part of this quote that drives my concern for Kanye. I truly, genuinely, from the bottom of my heart want to see him make his calling and election sure. I am concerned about specific things that historically tend to be negatively correlated with that outcome. To the extent that I wish Kanye or those around him were doing something different, that desire begins and ends with wanting to see Kanye endure to the end so he is able to stand around the throne of glory with God's people.

Well said.
12/3/19 9:29 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic