Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Franklin Graham says Chick fil A CEO denies company caved to...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Franklin Graham says Chick fil A CEO denies company caved to... doyle
https://www.greensboro.com/news/state/franklin-graham-says-ceo-told-him-chick-fil-a-didn/article_a99ea070-069b-51ef-8e4c-811a0f04692e.html
11/26/19 3:07 pm

Post Don't Believe It FG Minister
Chick-Fil-A stops funding Christian groups that discriminate against LGBTQ groups, but their president and Franklin Graham said "they didn't cave to pressure." Yeah, right. They caved. It's just like the book somebody gave me for Pastor Appreciation last month that extolled the virtues of Donald Trump. The jacket cover said "Donald Trump, a family man blah blah blah." I pitched it in the garbage. Chick-Fil-A didn't cave just like Donald Trump is a "family man." I don't buy either lie. Next, somebody will tell me that Paula White doesn't believe in divorce! Please don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. Acts-celerater
11/26/19 3:27 pm

Post Christians, including myself jumped the gun on this one. caseyleejones
Their agreement with those specific groups ended already. So, CFA is once again unfairly portrayed here. Acts-perienced Poster
11/26/19 7:39 pm

Post Re: Christians, including myself jumped the gun on this one. UncleJD
caseyleejones wrote:
Their agreement with those specific groups ended already. So, CFA is once again unfairly portrayed here.

CFA is playing both sides here. These new "charities" are aligned with UNICEF and various pro-LGBT organizations. Its their right to do whatever they want, but take the blinders off, they are in total retreat from their founding principles. The protesters that got their stores shut down have won.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/27/19 11:08 am

Post diakoneo
Whether they caved or not is not the issue.

Why announce you are not going to give to Salvation Army anymore?

Just simply stop giving to them. Isn't that the way most Christian people do. We aren't supposed to make a big deal about giving anyway, right? Didn't Christ teach about that in regards to rewards?

It seems Chic Fila has made mistake here, especially as it pertains to being a Christian organization and giving. They are not publicly traded, so the world really does not need to know where they give or don't give. The Salvation Army is a great Christian organization that stands for biblical values. By singling them out negatively Chic Fila is in my opinion, inadvertently attacking a Christian organization. Which another Christian organization ought not do!
11/28/19 7:58 am

Post Re: Don't Believe It Link
FG Minister wrote:
Chick-Fil-A stops funding Christian groups that discriminate against LGBTQ groups, but their president and Franklin Graham said "they didn't cave to pressure." Yeah, right. They caved. It's just like the book somebody gave me for Pastor Appreciation last month that extolled the virtues of Donald Trump. The jacket cover said "Donald Trump, a family man blah blah blah." I pitched it in the garbage. Chick-Fil-A didn't cave just like Donald Trump is a "family man." I don't buy either lie. Next, somebody will tell me that Paula White doesn't believe in divorce! Please don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

If Chick-Fil-A wanted to rotate its giving or support different charities for their own reasons, the LGBT folks could have just claimed a victory and claimed it happened because of them.
11/29/19 1:20 am

Post Re: Don't Believe It UncleJD
Link wrote:

If Chick-Fil-A wanted to rotate its giving or support different charities for their own reasons, the LGBT folks could have just claimed a victory and claimed it happened because of them.

and they'd be correct according to a lot of evidence available online
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/buzzfeedpolitics/chick-fil-a-promises-to-stop-funding-anti-gay-gro
https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/retail/exclusive-amid-global-expansion-and-lgbt-pushback-chick-fil-a-changes-charitable-giving-structure-101818

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2019/11/chick-fil-put-obama-and-hillary-supporter-charge-daniel-greenfield/?fbclid=IwAR3RfyoOWRnvbqtP2x59Q5dVqAE0skcJq8W7nOBylA16VjxJIQbZ4LVq1Ng
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/chick-fil-a-rodney-d-bullard-salvation-army

Pay particular attention to the CEO's last quote in the second article.

Quote:
“When there is a tension, we want to make sure we’re being clear. We think this is going to be helpful,” Tassopoulos said. “It’s just the right thing to do: to be clear, caring and supportive, and do it in the community.”

The head of their charitble foundation gave thousands personally to both Hillary and Obama

The massive financial pressure around going into these new liberal markets along with their directors' personal political views, is, without a doubt, the reason for these changes, there can be no other conclusion. Time will tell (and I think it already has).
11/30/19 11:28 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic