Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
@actscelerate Twitter  @actscelerate Facebook  @actscelerate Google+ 

Church of God, The Old Days Facebook Group
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
   Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Eddie Robbins
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Don is my friend. I have known him all my life. Yes, he is different than most of us. So what? He’s not preaching his theology on the COG group. In fact, he’s being more civil than some of those old time country preachers who are trying to stir up trouble. If that keeps up, I’m out of there. I just want to look at pictures and talk about the good old times we used to have.


I agree Eddie. The pictures are great. I wish it would stay at that...maybe a few old anecdotes.

btw - did you take a shot at an old poster with the "old time country preachers" comment? Twisted Evil

Perhaps, that is where our old friend ended up.


Would Eddie do that? Very Happy Shocked Rolling Eyes


Would I do that? Look, I understand what you’re saying but I do not know said former poster. I have actually been accused of being said former poster but I can promise you, I’m not him. All I was saying was, there are a lot of old time country preachers posting on that site. Some people think the old way is the only way.
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16367
8/30/19 7:59 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Carolyn Smith
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Don is my friend. I have known him all my life. Yes, he is different than most of us. So what? He’s not preaching his theology on the COG group. In fact, he’s being more civil than some of those old time country preachers who are trying to stir up trouble. If that keeps up, I’m out of there. I just want to look at pictures and talk about the good old times we used to have.


I agree Eddie. The pictures are great. I wish it would stay at that...maybe a few old anecdotes.

btw - did you take a shot at an old poster with the "old time country preachers" comment? Twisted Evil

Perhaps, that is where our old friend ended up.


Would Eddie do that? Very Happy Shocked Rolling Eyes


Would I do that? Look, I understand what you’re saying but I do not know said former poster. I have actually been accused of being said former poster but I can promise you, I’m not him. All I was saying was, there are a lot of old time country preachers posting on that site. Some people think the old way is the only way.


Sorry, there was an Urkel voice in my head. His old catch phrase, ya know...

It's a joke, people!
_________________
"More of Him...less of me."
http://twitter.com/camiracle77
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=691241499&ref=name
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 5407
8/30/19 6:24 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Eddie Robbins
I couldn’t take it anymore and left. Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16367
9/1/19 5:56 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Carolyn Smith
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I couldn’t take it anymore and left.


Yep...bad one today. I just ignore them and try not to even read them. If I see pics I think you'd enjoy, I'll send them to you.
_________________
"More of Him...less of me."
http://twitter.com/camiracle77
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=691241499&ref=name
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 5407
9/1/19 6:14 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Cojak
I am sorry, but I cannot make any sense of that site. I am on via cell and slower than Christmas, it flips back and forth and I cannot wait for it to settle down. My wife points out some of Don's stuff on FB. I have too much in memories of senior Paulk I would never ignore or be nasty to Don. I never knew Don but did know JR. and Sr. Sr. suffered more than a man of God should because of a son. 'tis good we have an understanding and loving God.
Nite Smile
_________________
Some facts but mostly just my opinion!
jacsher@aol.com
http://shipslog-jack.blogspot.com/
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
Posts: 23039
9/23/19 10:39 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post 2ndgeneration
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Carolyn, are their posts bashing the present day COG? I had to leave the “You’re COG if...” group. Thanks!


They have had posters on there bashing/criticizing the Church of God. However, the administrator has removed those post. I reported a couple to him on two different occasions. He removed them pretty quickly.
Acts Enthusiast
Posts: 1338
9/29/19 7:17 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Don Paulk... Aaron Scott
I enjoy conversing with him and enjoy all the wonderful things he posts. So long as he doesn't push his theology, he should be accorded all the privileges of an esteemed son of the Church of God. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 5327
9/30/19 11:17 am


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post Eddie Robbins
2ndgeneration wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Carolyn, are their posts bashing the present day COG? I had to leave the “You’re COG if...” group. Thanks!


They have had posters on there bashing/criticizing the Church of God. However, the administrator has removed those post. I reported a couple to him on two different occasions. He removed them pretty quickly.


I left it. I can’t stomach that mess. I’m better off not reading it. Too many “holier than thou” folks.
Acts-pert Poster
Posts: 16367
9/30/19 3:17 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Carolyn Smith
One of our former posters here who was invited to leave has shown up there. Wonder how long that will last?

He sent me a friend request today. That was an easy decision!
_________________
"More of Him...less of me."
http://twitter.com/camiracle77
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=691241499&ref=name
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 5407
9/30/19 11:04 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post georgiapath
Someone please post a link to that facebook page. Thanks Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 7284
11/17/19 7:54 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Carolyn Smith
georgiapath wrote:
Someone please post a link to that facebook page. Thanks


https://www.facebook.com/groups/142571483089758/?ref=bookmarks
_________________
"More of Him...less of me."
http://twitter.com/camiracle77
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=691241499&ref=name
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 5407
11/18/19 6:29 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I couldn’t take it anymore and left.


I'm usually on different sides of a topic (not always) with Eddie, but I'm with him here. There are some nuts on that group. One posted a very troubling and just plain weird video of Rod Parsley head-slapping a baptist preacher and then telling him to speak in tongues. The guy literally started gobbling like a Turkey, not a single sign of tongues and I'm 4th generation COG and feel like I've seen it enough to say, and when one guy points out that it is suspicious to say the least, he gets jumped on for "blaspheming the Holy Ghost". Then another thread said that the COG was KJV-Only until 2000, clearly wrong, but they came out of the wood-work there too, I'm surprised they didn't start telling us all to literally "take up serpents" or we weren't spirit-filled. It seems to go way beyond "good old day" syndrome, and into some weird old-days veneration that would make the Roman Catholics blush. Ughh
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
Posts: 2705
12/12/19 5:14 pm


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post Carolyn Smith
UncleJD wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I couldn’t take it anymore and left.


I'm usually on different sides of a topic (not always) with Eddie, but I'm with him here. There are some nuts on that group. One posted a very troubling and just plain weird video of Rod Parsley head-slapping a baptist preacher and then telling him to speak in tongues. The guy literally started gobbling like a Turkey, not a single sign of tongues and I'm 4th generation COG and feel like I've seen it enough to say, and when one guy points out that it is suspicious to say the least, he gets jumped on for "blaspheming the Holy Ghost". Then another thread said that the COG was KJV-Only until 2000, clearly wrong, but they came out of the wood-work there too, I'm surprised they didn't start telling us all to literally "take up serpents" or we weren't spirit-filled. It seems to go way beyond "good old day" syndrome, and into some weird old-days veneration that would make the Roman Catholics blush. Ughh


It's not a page I spend much time on, because I honestly don't "get" a lot of it. Why post pictures and obituaries of people who have been dead many years? I guess it is honoring ministers from the past, but I don't live in the past, so it's kind of strange. I just thought older folks might enjoy the pics & dialogue of some of it, especially Don Paulk's pics.

Same reason I don't spend a lot of time on the COG Cleveland TN page. People say some crazy stuff on there! I'm a member and say something every now & then, but it's usually because I can't believe some of the things that are said. (And most of this is posted by COG members. Now that is scary!)
_________________
"More of Him...less of me."
http://twitter.com/camiracle77
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=691241499&ref=name
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
Posts: 5407
Yesterday at 10:01 am


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Acts-celerate Terms of Use | Acts-celerate Policy
World News Network | Acts-celerate Chat
Contact the Administrator.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.