Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Willing to spill their own blood

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Willing to spill their own blood Dean Steenburgh
1 Kings 18:26-30 (KJV)
26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made. 27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked. 28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them. 29 And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded. 30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the Lord that was broken down.

After seeing the thread about the demonic who lived among the tombs until Jesus set him free, I was reminded of this familiar story & something jumped out at me.

We know of the awesome power of the prophet Elijah.
We even know how powerful Ahab & Jezebel were.
The false prophets thought they were powerful & they exhibited it by their own faith.

For hours they used their faith even to the point of cutting themselves to offer their own blood just to prove the man of God was wrong & they were right.
Astounds me how far someone will go (even when they're dead wrong) to prove their point, to even offer their own life giving blood.

They had basically the same altar, they had the same type of sacrifice, they had the greater part of the day, they had a god, they had huge numbers (850), they had King Ahab & his evil wife on their side, the people were convinced they were all powerful priests ...but they lacked one thing ...they didn't have Truth!

John 4:24 " ...worshippers must worship in Spirit & in Truth!"
W/out the Truth there was no anointing.
W/out the anointing there was no power.
W/out power they couldn't hear from their god.

Even when they were willing to give their own blood ...man these guys were so committed to their teachings & belief, even though it would cost them their lives.

I wonder how many times we lack power, anointing & truth because our worship is out of sync with our God.
In order to make it all good Elijah had to rebuild the altar!
God knows!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/6/19 7:53 pm

Post Cojak
I have often thought this concerning the Muslim faith. Anyone who is willing to pull the string on a suicide vest 'for their cause' I guess is commendable, but that does not make them right as you pointed out of the prophets of Baal.

YES, even many people are willing to sacrifice themselves mentally to a false belief can be bewildering and sad.

This post houses some very deep meanings'. THANKS Dean. God is Good and the BEST and the ONLY ONE for us to hold onto. Smile Cool

And this is something to really think about when you said:
I wonder how many times we lack power, anointing & truth because our worship is out of sync with our God.
In order to make it all good Elijah had to rebuild the altar!
Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/7/19 9:41 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Thanks Cojak, sometimes it's inside & it just needs to be shared, I appreciate your kind words & for putting up with me.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/7/19 6:55 pm

Post Cojak
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Thanks Cojak, sometimes it's inside & it just needs to be shared, I appreciate your kind words & for putting up with me.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy That is supposed to be the other way around, mama says folks 'put-up' with me.
Love you dude!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/8/19 11:28 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic