Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Walker in at Lee

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Walker in at Lee sadlytrue77
What are the chances that Mark Walker becomes the next Lee President? It makes sense. Rumor has it he is being pushed to move toward the G.O. spot again, maybe even next assembly. Tim Hill and his supporters will certainly breathe easier if Walker is tied up at Lee.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
11/6/19 11:43 am

Post In all seriousness... PreacherSteve
I see something more along the lines of Dr. Baker from PTS taking the position. I believe Walker only has a DMin which will not qualify him to lead a university such as Lee.

Lee has outgrown political appointments to some degree and will require someone that has educational credentials in addition as being well-connected. A university with doctorate programs, and several more in the works, cannot be led along by someone that has a "name" in the CoG and a DMin.
11/6/19 12:36 pm

Post Re: Walker in at Lee MrSippi
sadlytrue77 wrote:
What are the chances that Mark Walker becomes the next Lee President? It makes sense. Rumor has it he is being pushed to move toward the G.O. spot again, maybe even next assembly. Tim Hill and his supporters will certainly breathe easier if Walker is tied up at Lee.

I can certainly see Mark Walker as the next Lee University. He is a great man and leader. However, I have never known him to get any votes as General Overseer, so I doubt that Tim Hill supporters are too concerned about that. Smile
Friendly Face
11/6/19 12:51 pm

Post Brandon Bowers
They need someone with a Ph.D and experience... Preferably someone who knows Lee very well...

I think Walt Mauldin would be a good choice. He worked under Dr. Conn for many years, has the degrees, the experience, and a love for Lee. Right now, he's getting executive experience at the Home for Children.
11/6/19 4:17 pm

Post Re: In all seriousness... Carolyn Smith
PreacherSteve wrote:
I see something more along the lines of Dr. Baker from PTS taking the position. I believe Walker only has a DMin which will not qualify him to lead a university such as Lee.

Lee has outgrown political appointments to some degree and will require someone that has educational credentials in addition as being well-connected. A university with doctorate programs, and several more in the works, cannot be led along by someone that has a "name" in the CoG and a DMin.

According to our dear friend OTCP, Mike Baker's doctorate is honorary, so no, he probably won't be leading the pack to lead Lee next.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/6/19 10:27 pm

Post To Minimize Confusion mytwocents
Dr. Mark Walker holds a PHD from Regent University. It is not a Dmin. Acts-celerater
11/7/19 8:57 am

Post Re: In all seriousness... Nature Boy Florida
Carolyn Smith wrote:
PreacherSteve wrote:

According to our dear friend OTCP, Mike Baker's doctorate is honorary, so no, he probably won't be leading the pack to lead Lee next.

Yeah - there won't be an honorary Doctorate going in at Lee.
Tim Hill or Mike Baker.
11/7/19 9:20 am

Post First, there's no doctorate in "running a university" Aaron Scott
While it should not be simply a political appointment, it also should not be one without any concern for the Church of God. That's how we wind up with a leader that is not on fire for God. (Of course, that can happen either way.)

I don't know Walker, but I know (of) his dad, and there is not a bigger name in the Church of God at this point (in terms of dynasty, etc.).

I will also add that two of Lee's greatest leaders did not have Ph.D's (at least at the time they led): Charles Conn...and Ray H. Hughes. In fact, to the best of my knowledge, NO ONE until Paul Conn had a terminal degree! So that's not the "thing" some people are trying to make it.

Would Paul Conn really be any less effective without a Ph.D? NO! Energy and renewed vision (one that carried on Conn's vision) is what is needed, and there is no doctorate in either.

For me, I'd rather have someone KNOWN as a man of God...than to have the greatest scholar lead Lee...if his/her heart is not afire of heaven. We are LOST if it's not a man of God! For Lee to be what it needs to be, I think it must never forget what it began as...and it must never stop being that at its very core.

A great leader can raise money and lead Lee with excellence, doctorate or not. And any faculty that get their pants in a wad over a great leader that doesn't have a doctorate will demonstrate the spirit they are of--for it is a spirit that is more about prestige than prayer and holiness. Give us a man of God and God will help him do wonderful things--especially since Paul Conn will be there to assist.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/8/19 7:56 pm

Post Re: First, there's no doctorate in "running a university" Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
A great leader can raise money and lead Lee with excellence, doctorate or not. And any faculty that get their pants in a wad over a great leader that doesn't have a doctorate will demonstrate the spirit they are of--for it is a spirit that is more about prestige than prayer and holiness. Give us a man of God and God will help him do wonderful things--especially since Paul Conn will be there to assist.

The PHd would be an asset, but the above statement it what is needed...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/8/19 10:08 pm

Post Walker at Lee Ronald
Done Deal ! Friendly Face
11/14/19 5:03 pm

Post Mark Walker spartanfan
I predicted when he left Mt Paran it was inevitable. Best man for the job! Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
11/14/19 8:43 pm

Post Personal Note Patrick Harris
Personally I like Mark Walker.

I use to attend Mt. Paran North and my very first Sunday there one of the ushers grabbed Mark after service and had him come meet me.

Mark and I talked a few minutes and he was very gracious.

Given the size of Mt. Paran North at the time, it really impressed me about him that he'd take the time to talk with a first-time visitor like that.
Acts Enthusiast
11/15/19 1:41 pm

Post Re: In all seriousness... Seminarian
Carolyn Smith wrote:
PreacherSteve wrote:

Dr. Mike Baker holds an EdD from the University of North Carolina (Greensboro).
11/18/19 11:48 am

Post Re: In all seriousness... Cojak
Seminarian wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Dr. Mike Baker holds an EdD from the University of North Carolina (Greensboro).

Thanks 'S'. That makes me wonder some about a couple more that OTCP declared were honorary. But then maybe a man like Dr. Baker actually was awarded a honorary before he received his REAL Dr.

Just curious, are Doctorates (honorary) awarded to Doctorate holders in different fields?

Imma tell you I am very ignorant concerning real and honorary ones.... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/18/19 12:52 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic