Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

General Assembly 2020 Election
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Feelings not hurt Restorationman
The issue is what was stated about Dr. Hill is
not true. I know no leader is perfect but it sounds like someone is speaking out of a personal issue. However, the greatest way to handle that is to follow Matthew 18 and go to the individual etc. Also, after that is established hopefully true reconciliation will be made with a relationship. I’m not trying to super spiritualized this but evidently this is an offense of some sort must’ve taken place.
Friendly Face
10/20/19 6:11 pm

Post Re: M16 Way Off Base PreacherSteve
You know what...nevermind. I am sure someone can see the edit, but no need to bring more division.... Newbie
11/6/19 10:52 am

Post What if... Clint Wills
We elected Tony Stewart to the only open position?? It would provide some younger and fresh leadership from one of our most influential churches and communicators.
He has proven that he knows how to lead with vision and relationship. He is also young enough to provide some excellent continuity moving forward 4 years from now when almost the entire EC has to change over.

I love Gary Lewis. He was my YCE director in the Pacific Northwest when I was in high school. He's always been amazing, and I'd certainly have no issue with him filling that spot either. But it's been over 20 years since I was in high school, so it's been longer than that since he was in local church ministry. I'd really like to see someone fill that role directly out of the local church.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/2/19 6:26 pm

Post What if? rickfowler
Clint I like your thinking. Let me throw out another name how about Travis Johnson? I wouldn't have a problem with Tony either. In fact there is probably several current pastors who would be a good fit on the committee.

Again I like the idea a lot. Thanks for sharing.
Friendly Face
12/9/19 9:56 pm

Post Re: What if? Clint Wills
rickfowler wrote:
Clint I like your thinking. Let me throw out another name how about Travis Johnson? I wouldn't have a problem with Tony either. In fact there is probably several current pastors who would be a good fit on the committee.

Again I like the idea a lot. Thanks for sharing.

I think Pastor Travis would do a great job in that spot. I worked for Travis for a bit, and have worked with him and known him for even longer. He is certainly a visionary leader. However, and I think he'd agree, Pastor Tony has a more realistic shot this summer. At the next go around I hope to see Pastor Travis - along with a few other local church pastors - move into those positions.

But believe me...Pastor Travis will get my vote as long as I am able to vote for him.
3/9/20 9:19 pm

Post Whenever someone posts names... Aaron Scott
I always wonder which person the anonymous poster is.

Here's the deal with Tim Hill....

The era of American expansion for the Church of God is largely over. Yes, it may come again, but it began to close down in the late 70s, etc. Back then, a General Overseer could call for evangelism emphasis, etc., and we could see dramatic results.

Today, the culture has changed. Further, there are a LOT MORE Pentecostal "competitors"--e.g., independent church, internet churches, etc.--which make it harder for any one denomination to significantly grow.

But notice that I said AMERICAN expansion. In other countries, it is my understanding that we are going strong, and growing bigger.

FURTHER, and this is perhaps as important as anything else, Tim Hill is good for Church of God morale. He is a preacher from the same mold that many of us experienced in our youth. If he did nothing else but inspire good men to keep hanging in there, that would be worth a great deal. If we started losing pastors due to, in many cases, the much harder job of acquiring new people, etc., we would implode in the U.S.

But Tim Hill is loved and valued in that he does seek to build up the ministry. Sometimes, inspiration is the most important thing a person can do for their organization. And he does that, in my opinion.
3/10/20 10:21 am

Post New Names sadlytrue77
Stewart and Johnson are both good suggestions. The original list is just more recylcing of the same old names. Its about as bad as congress. May not make improvements but get reelected because everyone is used to seeing there names.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
3/10/20 12:37 pm

Post cogcia
It is great to hope for new names, but it will not happen. Same names just in different places. I love them all, but most voters just picks names they know.
These are the people seen at state meetings.
Friendly Face
3/10/20 10:38 pm

Post Honest question 4thgeneration
Would some of these pastors that are being discussed be willing to leave the pastorate in order to serve on the EC? Based on travel schedules and other obligations of the position, it seems impossible under our current structure for a person to live/pastor in another state, and fulfill the responsibilities of a member of the EC. And should there be an attempt for them to multi-task, whose responsibility would it be to cover the high cost of travel and multi-housing locations to accommodate such an arrangement?
While I love the idea of bringing to the table someone that is a successful pastor and recognized leader in our movement, I question their willingness to leave what they have going in order to serve. Remember Bryan Cutshall? In his younger years in St Louis the GC was trying to elect him at every assembly, and he kept turning it down because he felt compelled to stay as a pastor at his church. I honestly don't think you can do both the way we are set up. And I know that other movements do, but their structure and system of leadership is different and accommodating to that approach.
Thoughts?
Acts Enthusiast
3/12/20 8:30 am

Post Re: Honest question Clint Wills
deleted

Last edited by Clint Wills on 3/12/20 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
3/12/20 10:02 am

Post cogcia
Unless they get put on campmeeting schedules not enough people know them well enough to get enough votes to get elected. Paul Walker was a name well enough known to get elected, but few pastors are that well known. I believe he was the last pastor elected as general overseer. Most EC members come for the state AB pool. I respect any pastor that would rather pastor than several as a denominational leader. Knowing your calling is very important. Friendly Face
3/12/20 10:49 am

Post Dr.Acts
Unless the usual suspects don't start campaigning here anytime soon, they will run out of time to get elected.
And I don't see them campaigning anymore after some started and stopped so...
Call them as you see them
Friendly Face
4/10/20 4:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic