Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Paula White to Join White House Staff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post FGM, I assume you are a minister by your title.... caseyleejones
do you call out your congregations past sins? Or do you only call out others past sins under a pen name? Acts-perienced Poster
11/2/19 10:35 am

Post Re: Dear Casey caseyleejones
FG Minister wrote:
I cannot believe that you would equate our dear Christian sister with a chicken and a donkey. She's God's chosen servant who He has appointed to Trump's staff. How dare you judge this dear lady who has simply made some mistakes. I am shocked at your judgmental assessment.

You said in your rebuttal that it is OK to judge people's current positions from a Biblical POV, but not past sins evidently. When did Paula stop believing the "name it claim it" malarkey? When did she stop preaching the prosperity nonsense? If it's OK with you, I will make judgments on her current theology.

But you did not stop there, you pulled up past mistakes and sins. Is this your role as a minister and do you do this to your congregation? It is very disingenuous to point out others sins on a message board under a pen name. Could you give us insight as to who you are? Would you post one of your sermons and the church you pastor so I may see if you belief system is solid? I would listen to a message of yours....send me your best.
Acts-perienced Poster
11/2/19 10:37 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Well, this has turned into a nasty little thread. I am in agreement with brotherjames on some of the comments made here. Grow up, fellas!

I used to follow Paula White years ago when she was still married to Randy White. I have heard the stories of their start together in the COG. She could actually preach pretty good back when I listened to her. I stopped following her after I went to see her in person at a ladies conference a couple of hours away. We were told it was $20 to enter (conference fee) at the door (which we were unprepared for) and they turned away any men that had come to see her (which was just plain weird. It's not like the info shared was personal to women...though I guess that could have been the church's idea and not hers.) The whole night just turned me off, and after that I had someone else who had met her in person tell me she was not a nice person and didn't treat others well.

I am more concerned with the information shared on FB recently concerning her teachings on divorce that apparently include that it's OK to leave your present spouse and find someone else. To the point that this minister had two missionaries who were going to leave their spouses and get married because Paula's teaching on the subject. He had to intervene to keep this from happening.

I am not one to speak against ministers, but this seems pretty serious and this is where she is NOW.

That said, Paula White has a long history with Donald Trump and used to speak of holding Bible studies in Trump Towers back when I was listening to her 15 years ago. So I am not surprised to see him appoint her to this. He has a respect for Evangelical ministers but I don't think he knows much about God or the Bible or would recognize heresy if it bit him.

However, God has used Donald Trump in spite of himself and he has been very kind to Christians and upheld some causes dear to our hearts. Proof that God can use anyone, even Paula. I am hopeful that people like Jentezen Franklin can bring balance to his circle of pastors that speak into his life.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/2/19 12:04 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
https://www.christianpost.com/news/paula-white-christians-will-stand-accountable-before-god-if-they-vote-against-trump.html

Seems like she's getting to work right away. Rolling Eyes
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/2/19 3:52 pm

Post I'll correct it a bit....Christians will stand accountable for caseyleejones
voting for anyone embracing the platform of abortion up till birth, embracing gay marriage, embracing transgenderism.....so I won't be voting for any dem in the near future.

I have heard this comment more than once....about voting against Trump and I think it is very disingenuous and wrong. He will get my vote in 2020.

But just like when I called 911 a few years back for an active break in...I did not ask if the policeman was a christian. I needed someone ASAP to stop the lawlessness.
Acts-perienced Poster
11/2/19 11:46 pm

Post O Brother Casey FG Minister
I would be happy to share my name and sermons with you, but some of my sermons preach against sin, and I know how that offends you. Just keep listening to Joel Osteen and Paula 1)Knight 2)White 3)Cain. In their world it's all honey and no bees. Acts-celerater
11/3/19 7:55 am

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
https://www.christianpost.com/news/paula-white-christians-will-stand-accountable-before-god-if-they-vote-against-trump.html

Seems like she's getting to work right away. Rolling Eyes

I am a very ignorant person in the use of our English language, BUT I wish some of the upper pay grades would get some advice before they make some statements.

I cannot tell them how to make a 'speech' but I can sure tell when words are said that strike a cord that is out of tune.

I am like the guy parking trucks and a Truck driver told him he would be lost on the routes they had to take, "You can't drive a Truck!" the over the road driver yelled.

"Just follow my instructions, I know what I am doing in this YARD. Mister I can't play a piano either, but I can sure tell if you can or not. Now follow my instructions."

I have heard more 'ignorant' statements surrounding and in politics over the last few years than I have in the rest of my life. Shocked US Flag + 1st!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/3/19 10:06 am

Post Re: O Brother Casey caseyleejones
FG Minister wrote:
I would be happy to share my name and sermons with you, but some of my sermons preach against sin, and I know how that offends you. Just keep listening to Joel Osteen and Paula 1)Knight 2)White 3)Cain. In their world it's all honey and no bees.

You just deflected, built a straw man then knocked it down while making a false accusation.

Could point out where....I am offended at the preaching of sin? You know nothing about me.

You have made a false accusation under a pen name. If you intend to make accusations on a public forum whether it be public figures or myself and false ones at that, don't you think it shows zero accountability on your part in hiding?
Acts-perienced Poster
11/3/19 11:14 am

Post We're a bunch of crabs... Aaron Scott
You don't have to put a lid on the bucket. As soon as one crab starts to rise, the others will pull it down.

You know what? Paula White-Cain may not be my cup of tea, but she does share MANY of my beliefs, namely, that Jesus is Lord, that you must be born again, that Pentecost is for today, etc.

Back when some of us were living comfortably in a parsonage, perhaps, her and her then-husband, Randy White, were taking buses into way under-serviced neighborhoods of Tampa and not only sharing the gospel, but doing so by putting on what would be a portable Children's service.

One time she just happened to be seated on a plane beside an executive for a major shoe manufacturer. He became so interested in what they were doing, he asked how he could help. She asked for TEN THOUSANDS SHOES! And got 'em!

Let's just rejoice that, for any failings she may have (and to the best of my knowledge, it was RANDY that pushed the divorce), God has given her a voice with President Trump.

And she has a point about voting for Trump. Anyone who would vote for a candidate that is for abortion or the such is working actively against God. And to vote for some third-party candidate that doesn't stand a snowball's chance in you-know-where of winning? That is essentially voting AGAINST Trump, because it is a vote that he otherwise would have gotten.

I have to vote the policies and not that man, for Trump can be quite repugnant. But I largely stand with his policies.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/4/19 8:35 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Well, this has turned into a nasty little thread. I am in agreement with brotherjames on some of the comments made here. Grow up, fellas!

I used to follow Paula White years ago when she was still married to Randy White. I have heard the stories of their start together in the COG. She could actually preach pretty good back when I listened to her. I stopped following her after I went to see her in person at a ladies conference a couple of hours away. We were told it was $20 to enter (conference fee) at the door (which we were unprepared for) and they turned away any men that had come to see her (which was just plain weird. It's not like the info shared was personal to women...though I guess that could have been the church's idea and not hers.) The whole night just turned me off, and after that I had someone else who had met her in person tell me she was not a nice person and didn't treat others well.

I am more concerned with the information shared on FB recently concerning her teachings on divorce that apparently include that it's OK to leave your present spouse and find someone else. To the point that this minister had two missionaries who were going to leave their spouses and get married because Paula's teaching on the subject. He had to intervene to keep this from happening.

I am not one to speak against ministers, but this seems pretty serious and this is where she is NOW.

That said, Paula White has a long history with Donald Trump and used to speak of holding Bible studies in Trump Towers back when I was listening to her 15 years ago. So I am not surprised to see him appoint her to this. He has a respect for Evangelical ministers but I don't think he knows much about God or the Bible or would recognize heresy if it bit him.

However, God has used Donald Trump in spite of himself and he has been very kind to Christians and upheld some causes dear to our hearts. Proof that God can use anyone, even Paula. I am hopeful that people like Jentezen Franklin can bring balance to his circle of pastors that speak into his life.

Excellent post.
11/4/19 9:03 am

Post Cojak
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
....I am hopeful that people like Jentezen Franklin can bring balance to his circle of pastors that speak into his life.
Thumb Up

Excellent post.

Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/4/19 10:57 am

Post georgiapath
Melanie better watch out Laughing Laughing Laughing Acts-dicted
12/1/19 6:51 am

Post Cojak
georgiapath wrote:
Melanie better watch out Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wink Hey GP, I don't think she will worry very much about Paula!! Smile