Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Urgent prayer needed for my brother (UPDATE not good)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Urgent prayer needed for my brother (UPDATE not good) Dean Steenburgh
*Update in lower post

I'm going to expose a small amount of private info regarding our family.
My brother (Greg) pastors a CoG in Minneapolis & his wife has left him.
As a result he has resigned his church & is heart broken both for the situation with regard to his wife & his current ministry departure.

To say that he has a perfect marriage would be a stretch but there are lots of guys with personal family struggles & most choose to keep it private.
He had to make some sudden, life changing decisions including having a place to live. They were leasing a beautiful custom home that he had to request a break in the lease (which was granted). He simply couldn't afford the home on his income alone.
He tried to talk with her about their future but in his words, "there is not much chance of gaining any ground in the current temperature."
He tried to find an affordable apartment or even just a room to rent but nothing came of it in an affordable way.
He is now facing a possible job change where he works for the VA.
There is a lot more I could share but it's not worth going into other than just to ask you guys to pray for Greg & his family as he is facing some really difficult decisions over the next 48 hours.
Thanks folks.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?

Last edited by Dean Steenburgh on 11/2/19 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
10/30/19 2:09 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Dean, I am so sorry to hear this. Your brother and your family are in my prayers. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/30/19 2:19 pm

Post Praying for your brother... Aaron Scott
My heart goes out to him. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/30/19 2:21 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
I lift this man up to our kind, caring Heavenly Father.
10/30/19 8:42 pm

Post diakoneo
Praying for your brother, Dean! Pastoring is tough on families and some families tougher than other.

My prayer is that God will meet these immediate needs and that healing will begin.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/30/19 9:38 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Praying for your brother. What a heartache! Thoughts & prayers for him and his family.

Also sent you a PM, Dean.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/30/19 10:56 pm

Post Preacher777
I will pray for your brother to get help in this immediate situation and hope for the future. Friendly Face
10/31/19 6:05 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I have prayed for your brother and his family.
10/31/19 6:17 am

Post Cojak
Prayers here my friend. God is ABLE. Love from NC.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/31/19 6:02 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
*UPDATE*
It appears as though she (my brother's wife) is through with the married life & has decided to leave him indefinitely to the point she won't even speak with him. In fact while he was at work she ran a Craigslist ad & gave away all their nice furniture & the appliances.
Just found out she also has not spoken to her own dad & step mom, 90 year old grandmother, nor her own brother in almost 3 years due to the grudges she tends to carry.
His wife has been estranged from my wife & I for over 10 years & has went out of her way to keep my brother away from my folks & I.
She def needs help but so does my brother & now we have learned he's on his way back to California, just he & his son. Their 17 year old son chose to go with dad & they are traveling to my mom's house with all that was left in the house, basically their clothes.
Yes it's my brother but it's also one of our own CoG ministers & we all know how powerful prayer can be. Thanks to everyone who has offered to pray for them. He says he appreciates all your kind words & offers to pray.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/2/19 6:02 pm

Post Cojak
I cannot imagine his hurt, but proud of his son. Prayers here.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/2/19 10:17 pm

Post Da Sheik
I’m sorry Dean! Prayers for all involved Brother ! Acts Enthusiast
11/2/19 10:34 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
*UPDATE*
It appears as though she (my brother's wife) is through with the married life & has decided to leave him indefinitely to the point she won't even speak with him. In fact while he was at work she ran a Craigslist ad & gave away all their nice furniture & the appliances.
Just found out she also has not spoken to her own dad & step mom, 90 year old grandmother, nor her own brother in almost 3 years due to the grudges she tends to carry.
His wife has been estranged from my wife & I for over 10 years & has went out of her way to keep my brother away from my folks & I.
She def needs help but so does my brother & now we have learned he's on his way back to California, just he & his son. Their 17 year old son chose to go with dad & they are traveling to my mom's house with all that was left in the house, basically their clothes.
Yes it's my brother but it's also one of our own CoG ministers & we all know how powerful prayer can be. Thanks to everyone who has offered to pray for them. He says he appreciates all your kind words & offers to pray.

Above all, this woman is estranged from God. She lost focus. Jesus is not the center of her life, obviously.

Your brother needs to come aside and focus on Christ, himself, and his son. Only God can change his wife. As the saying goes, one cannot reason with an unreasonable person.
11/3/19 7:07 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Often there is a medical component to this type of behavior. I wish someone could get her to a medical evaluation.
11/3/19 7:51 am

Post rickfowler
Praying for Gregg and his family. I can't imagine all He is going through. I do know that God will minister to them. Praying for divine direction and guidance to all. Friendly Face
11/5/19 4:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic