Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

You are the pastor, how do you handle it For His glory and your church?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Carolyn Smith
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
I'm not a pastor, but I think it would send an entirely wrong message to the community to close their doors for any period of time. If it's a COG, then it wouldn't be his decision, anyhow. My advice would be to weather the storm. Don't pander to/comment to the media. Focus on healing the people and the church. Point them to Jesus. The storm will pass, and they will be stronger and wiser for it.

How do you think the victims will feel about this suggested path? I'm sure this is not the intent, but this approach seems to put a lot of emphasis on the wellbeing of this local church and not a lot on the wellbeing of the victims. They probably think of what happened as something other than a storm to be weathered.

The victims need to be ministered to with their families and perhaps the church could help them get professional counseling. This kind of abuse is way above the local church pastor's ability to counsel unless he has training in it.

And while compassion and support needs to be shown to the families involved, it seems to me they would need their church family's support in a huge way at this time. I don't see where it would benefit them to close the church.

The question asked was, "What should the church do? Should they close?" I was addressing that, something the victims' families are not going to see or hear from the pastor. It was simply my advice on how to handle it.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/22/19 12:06 am

Post sadlytrue77
Cojak wrote:
sadlytrue77 wrote:
I hope your right. I hope all the people saying they told him are not telling the truth.
I have not heard this, I truly hope this has not happened. I say again. Seriously for HIS cause, As a pastor and you are completely blindsided, WHAT WOULD you advise him to do? He is hurting. He is concerned about victims and his church. He knows he will be slapped with blame himself for NOT knowing.
My thoughts would for him to seek out the victims, pray with them, ask them for input and their feelings. Work with them while visiting the assitant and praying with him.

Think, WHAT would you do? This is sort of a limited forum. I do not think this is going out at gossip. It is something that is public knowledge. I would agree with buttrfli24, we do need to pray for the pastor and situation. Input not accusations, is what the pastor needs presently. I thank God I am not in his shoes, from all reports he is a good man, and a man or God. Cool

My "input" is that, based on him knowing and rolling the dice there was not anything to it, he should resign. The last thing the church needs is the lead pastor in the paper if he gets charged for failure to report.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
10/22/19 10:25 am

Post Cojak
Concerning knowing or not knowing of the problem, trouble is in today's world he knows he is going to be hit especially if he did know. BUT he I am sure he going to be hit as a leader with, "Why didn't you know?" The why didn't you know is WRONG since sin can be covered for awhile because of a blind trust in your 'staff.'

I guess this was not a great idea, I was hoping someone would come up with the 'silver bullet' for the pastor. I am sure he has thought of resigning, but feels that would be an admission in many folks eyes.

Thank you all for your input. This is probably enough on the subject. My prayers are for the church, victims, pastor and the associate also. It is a shame and hurts the Kingdom. Sad Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/22/19 12:07 pm

Post sadlytrue77
Every indication is that the pastor was warned ahead of time and refused to seriously investigate.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
10/28/19 12:21 pm

Post Cojak
sadlytrue77 wrote:
Every indication is that the pastor was warned ahead of time and refused to seriously investigate.

No matter what, the deed is done. I hope healing can take place N Belmnt has always been a good church and has never taken a hit as bad as this. Locally and in the papers I have read no more about it. In many ways that is good. At least the media is not fanning the flames, I don't think. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/28/19 9:29 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic