Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

"Jesus Is King" is really good

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post "Jesus Is King" is really good Dave Dorsey
I have to be honest that I was pretty skeptical of what this album would be like, but I was shocked by what Kanye came out with... and honestly more than a little convicted about how shocked I was. The album is humble, real and broken at times, and completely lacking in the "swagger" one would expect and often hears even on Christian hip hop albums.

Thoroughly orthodox Christian hip hop artist Shai Linne commented, "Like many, I’ve watched Kanye closely and been praying for him. Based on what I’ve seen, it appears that Kanye is a new believer. Praise God! #JesusisKing has the aroma of someone who’s had an encounter with the Lord and wants everyone to know it." I have to agree with the latter part of that statement.

The album is 27 minutes long and is available on Spotify and other streaming services. Check it out and see what you think.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/25/19 4:53 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Another comment from Shai Linne... "Tbh, I was listening to #JesusIsKing in my car going to pick up my son and I wept. Ugly tears, y’all. Of thankfulness to the Lord. That He’s still in the business of saving. That He takes blasphemous lips and turns them into instruments for His praise." [Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/25/19 4:55 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Another comment from Shai Linne... "Tbh, I was listening to #JesusIsKing in my car going to pick up my son and I wept. Ugly tears, y’all. Of thankfulness to the Lord. That He’s still in the business of saving. That He takes blasphemous lips and turns them into instruments for His praise."

You make me want to really hear, like I could as a young man. I can communicate now, but cannot understand on the phone or audio media. But the testimony and description sounds great. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/25/19 6:14 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Here's a (serious) review from Babylon Bee creator Adam Ford:

https://www.disrn.com/2019/10/25/opinion-kanyes-new-album-is-explicitly-unabashedly-amazingly-christian/
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/25/19 8:35 pm

Post diakoneo
Wow! Praise God for Kanye West.

Not really into rap or hip hop but I appreciate his heart! One thing I will say about current Christian music: it is terribly predictible! Kanye's music was different...for me anyway
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/25/19 9:00 pm

Post Travis Johnson
I’ve listened to Selah about 15-20 times. Powerful. As he walks through John chapter 8, I’m moved, grateful, thankful for God’s Grace in my life. Acts-dicted
10/25/19 9:58 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Here's a (serious) review from Babylon Bee creator Adam Ford:

https://www.disrn.com/2019/10/25/opinion-kanyes-new-album-is-explicitly-unabashedly-amazingly-christian/

Thanks DD, that is amazing, yeah, I do wish I could hear it. Also I truly like it when I can appreciate someone who in the past has made me sick at my stomach in the news I read.
Thanks again (My wife even smiles and corrects me every time I say his name WRONG!) LOL.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/26/19 9:17 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Travis Johnson wrote:
I’ve listened to Selah about 15-20 times. Powerful. As he walks through John chapter 8, I’m moved, grateful, thankful for God’s Grace in my life.

Everybody wanted Yandhi
Then Jesus Christ did the laundry

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/26/19 5:59 pm

Post "God Is"...better than many established Christian songs Aaron Scott
I remember back in the 80s/90s when groups would conveniently NEVER mention the name of "Jesus" in a song. It was always "He" and "You."

Kanye blows away some of the stuff that I have heard from those times (and some from more recent times). No, this isn't my preferred style of music, but the sincerity bridges such divides.

I refuse to consider a song Christian if it tip-toes past Jesus' Name or is not otherwise explicitly about God (e.g., Amazing Grace never mentions the name of Jesus, but it is clearly about Him).

We shouldn't settle for ANYTHING that is less than a bold and brazen statement of faith. The apostles never won a single soul to God by using a stealth message of faith. No. It was "Accept Jesus or you're lost."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/26/19 6:20 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic