Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Just a word from a Pastor

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Just a word from a Pastor Ernie Long
If a Pastor shows up at your church, love on them, talk to them, and treat them with some dignity. Not all of us are after your church or to steal your people. We’re just looking for a place to worship and hopefully be allowed to preach every once in a while. While I pastored, I had several Pastors that would attend the church, not at the same time, but over the years and I used them as much as possible or as much as they wanted to be used. I felt it was an honor that the Lord would send another Pastor to our church and if they were there for other purposes, they would be exposed and they would move on. So, if a Pastor shows up at your church, please make them feel welcome. You have no clue the battles they have fought, could be they are at your church just to rest and heal. Acts Enthusiast
10/13/19 10:09 am

Post Cojak
From the pew: Good advice.In all my years of attending the COG, I am thankful for the few exhausted pastors and retired pastors that have attended the churches I attended. If my pastor had any animosity toward them, we members did not know it.
And if I or most others had felt any push to take the church, we would have informed the rogue that the pastors slot was filled.

One retired pastor was attending a Baptist church in our area for just that reason he had felt unwelcome at a couple COG he attended. I invited him to our church. He never came but he did have the invite. Smile Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/13/19 1:34 pm

Post revuriah
I agree. When we resigned South Aurora, we went to Indian Trail. Pastor Ken poured into us, used us, and had me preach occasionally. It was a time of healing for us.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
10/14/19 7:28 am

Post Cojak
revuriah wrote:
I agree. When we resigned South Aurora, we went to Indian Trail. Pastor Ken poured into us, used us, and had me preach occasionally. It was a time of healing for us.

As it should be my friend, I am sure you guys were a blessing to him also! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/14/19 9:31 pm

Post Every Former Pastor I have Pastored FG Minister
has caused me nothing but grief. Sorry to break the chain of good will here.

For example, I had a retired A/G pastor who came to my office unannounced every Monday morning to discuss my sermon. He stayed for 1-2 hours pointing out what other points I could have made. He would then invite me to his house every Wednesday to discuss the Bible, church issues, and other such stuff. I would stay another 1-2 hours. I only tolerated this because he was a retired pastor. He critiqued and picked at everything I did. After about two years of this, I finally told him in as nice a way as I could -- "Look, I have twice the experience as a pastor as you do and where you have a bachelor's degree, I have earned a bachelor's, two Master's and a doctorate. This church is growing and people seem to be responding well to my ministry. I don't mean to be rude, but I need you to let me pastor this church."

After spending about 4 hours of one on one time with him every week, he left the church because "the pastor didn't have time for him." Good riddance.
Acts-celerater
10/17/19 4:16 pm

Post Re: Every Former Pastor I have Pastored Ernie Long
FG Minister wrote:
has caused me nothing but grief. Sorry to break the chain of good will here.

For example, I had a retired A/G pastor who came to my office unannounced every Monday morning to discuss my sermon. He stayed for 1-2 hours pointing out what other points I could have made. He would then invite me to his house every Wednesday to discuss the Bible, church issues, and other such stuff. I would stay another 1-2 hours. I only tolerated this because he was a retired pastor. He critiqued and picked at everything I did. After about two years of this, I finally told him in as nice a way as I could -- "Look, I have twice the experience as a pastor as you do and where you have a bachelor's degree, I have earned a bachelor's, two Master's and a doctorate. This church is growing and people seem to be responding well to my ministry. I don't mean to be rude, but I need you to let me pastor this church."

After spending about 4 hours of one on one time with him every week, he left the church because "the pastor didn't have time for him." Good riddance.

I am truly sorry to hear this. We all have our stories of bad experiences with others. Honestly, I was going to give some examples of how Pastors had treated me and my family when we had visited their church, but I thought why? Why bring up the ignorance of a few Pastors when God has blessed us with being with a few good ones.

One of the things I have learned since I resigned from my church is there are a lot of insecure Pastors and they assume the worst when they learn that you use to pastor. I have visited several different denominations and independent churches and most are this way. Wish it wasn't so.
Acts Enthusiast
10/19/19 7:28 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic