Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Name calling and the Military

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Name calling and the Military Cojak
I have always despised name calling. As a 'Holiness Preachers kid in the 40-50 era, I was called a lot of snide names. A holy roller was the least offensive. "Hey holy roller, I hear you can roll in mud and not get dirty!" My dad was a Pentecostal Preacher and hundreds of times I had wished he was a Methodist or Baptist preacher. It smoothed out a little between the 8th and 10th grade when I dropped out of school. The last adults were the Football coach who taught Health and Physed and the principal of the school both said, "Your daddy said you and your sister were too good to dress out and play sports with the rest of the students, so you will walk around the baseball field talk to no one and read your health book."

So I become a little incensed at my president when he reverts back to grade school mentality and seems to enjoy calling names. I wasn't happy when he low rated McCain as NOT A HERO, and now General Matthis, who he states is an over rated General. That coming from a man who avoided the draft and never served in the military.

To clarify that, I have no problem with Anyone who avoided the draft legally or did not serve in the military. Those I know never comment on the valor nor value of a person who served their country. I have never heard one degrade a person who served. Some military personnel I have read about are not heroes but traitors. The military USUALLY takes care of those in house.

I do not appreciate My President calling names, I know that is his MO, but if there is no real option in the next election, I will hold my nose and vote for him. If I thought for a second that a third party candidate had a chance I would probably go that way. But unless the Democrats come up with better options than now, I would have to vote for Trump.

After all that, I still appreciate much Trump has done, but I would love to see a statesman. This country is diverse. I believe the President is responsible to the USA as a whole and it is his position to try to work with all major entities to better the country while respecting the minorities. I think the last two presidents have 'wished' they were dictators, it takes less work.

Yes I am blowing off steam. I don't EVEN like the words Twitter or tweets, it sounds juvenile to me, AND I DO NOT LIKE NAME CALLING!

Embarassed Embarassed

PS: I remember when Conway Twitty and the Lonesome Blue Boys became "Conway Twitty and the Twitty Birds", I thought that was stupid too! Laughing Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/18/19 2:37 pm

Post Cojak... Aaron Scott
I'm with you, my friend.

It seems that Trump missed a few years of growing up.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/18/19 4:51 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic