Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What Republicans Should Run Against Trump

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What Republicans Should Run Against Trump Link
I would imagine a lot of Republican congressmen, senators, and governors would not want to get into the race against a sitting Republican president with a decent approval rating in the party.

But what if the Democrats are able to pull off something with this impeachment business? If there are no good candidates running for the Republican nomination... look at who is running on the Democrat said? Would we want any of them to be president? Shouldn't the Republican Party talk some decent candidate into running just for risk management purposes?

Who would be a decent candidate to run if the Democrats are able to turn enough of the country against Trump to win the election? He just got in there by the skin of his teeth last time. Who knows what will happen this time?

Would this be a good time for either Cruz or Rubio (but not both) to run? Please don't say Carson. I like a lot of things about him, but his answer of finding someone people who know what they are doing to help him with stuff he doesn't know doesn't inspire much voter confidence.
10/3/19 9:50 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I would love this option. I think it would take someone who has not been in the congressional fight over the last few years nor anyone who ran last time. So, my pick would be Nikki Haley. Acts-pert Poster
10/3/19 10:15 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
If Trump is impeached - Pence would be the only guy we got that could pick up the pieces this year and potentially have a chance of keep the White House.

Rubio has rehabilitated his image.
I know he is eyeing 2024 - but he could be drafted early if necessary.

No one likes Cruz - even Texans don't. Not sure why he is so unlikeable.

I seriously don't see any real charges that will bring a conviction for Trump. It is the same as the Kavanaugh hearings - lots of bluster, innuendo, fabrications even - but no concrete facts when it comes down to it.

Although it appears Romney is trying to push his name forward as the anti-Trump...perhaps in a showdown with Hillary after Biden gets dropped - the only guy with smoking gun talk on tape doing something illegal so far.
10/3/19 11:01 am

Post UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
If Trump is impeached - Pence would be the only guy we got that could pick up the pieces this year and potentially have a chance of keep the White House..

You haven't heard that the media pawns of the DNC are now accusing Pence of being "in on it"? Looks like they want to impeach them both and put Pellosi in as POTUS
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/3/19 11:13 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
UncleJD wrote:
If Trump is impeached - Pence would be the only guy we got that could pick up the pieces this year and potentially have a chance of keep the White House..

You haven't heard that the media pawns of the DNC are now accusing Pence of being "in on it"? Looks like they want to impeach them both and put Pellosi in as POTUS

Senate RINOS might vote out Trump - but Pence is safe. They don't hate him yet.
10/3/19 2:20 pm

Post UncleJD
UncleJD wrote:

Senate RINOS might vote out Trump - but Pence is safe. They don't hate him yet.

I don't believe the Senate would impeach Trump unless they showed clear evidence (more than the liberal interpretation of what they have right now). But I thought it was comical that these fake-news liars would already be working on their plan to install Chairman Pelosi as their new Premier.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/3/19 2:53 pm

Post Cojak
I like Pence if it comes to it. I can live with Rubio. But Pence? I would hate to be in his shoes right now. In my opinion Trump will demand Pence stand or fall with him and I do not think Pence would want that. BUT he has seen Trump come out smelling like a rose and will have to gamble one way or the other. This is a tough call, but we do need to prepare it, in case there are FACTS that can sink Trump.

I know this for a fact, Trump has some followers willing to go to war for him. I tried to talk to my son about the stupidity of Trump even bringing up Biden to a foreign head of state, since at present he is his #1 opposition. My son says, "I am one of those followers laughed at, yep, if he shot someone on Broadway I would believe they needed it and still back him. He is trying to drain the swamp and THEY are against that."
This boy (59 yrs old) has NEVER had a political bone in his body. I am shocked. The other son, 61, would probably parrot that and they are as different as night and day.
This country's political climate is bad at present, we do need a real statesman that can close the divide.

Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/3/19 11:00 pm

Post My Theory mytwocents
He won't be impeached and will be re-elected.

2024 I'd love a Condelizza Rice & Nicki Haley ticket!
Acts-celerater
10/4/19 7:21 am

Post Resident Skeptic
The Dems are only trying to head off all the investigations that are about to bury them.
10/4/19 12:54 pm

Post Re: My Theory Link
mytwocents wrote:
He won't be impeached and will be re-elected.

2024 I'd love a Condelizza Rice & Nicki Haley ticket!

Those who didn't vote for them could be accused of racism and sexism.
10/5/19 9:51 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic