Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

General Assembly 2020 Election
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post General Assembly 2020 Election BromptonFalls
MAJOR EDIT NOTE: Sorry to interrupt this Thread of discussion. This has been and is a fantastic thread of discussion. However, one Poster made a scurrilous personal attack on COG Officials. Listen, anyone posting on ACTS can respectfully disagree with anybody including COG officials.

To my knowledge, non of our leaders claim perfection. However, salacious and personalized attacks are TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! Upon seeing the vicious post I deleted it. Sadly, it had been on the board for awhile (down in the thread) before I saw it. My apologies. D

Executive Committee
Tim Hill
Raymond Culpepper
David Ramirez
John Childers
Gary Lewis

World Missions
Thomas Propes, Director
J. David Stephens, Asst. Director

Youth Department
Rob Bailey, Director
Brian Yaun, Asst. Director
9/10/19 9:37 am

Post Me? roughridercog
I do not choose to run.
9/10/19 11:58 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Does anyone have any idea who will be the General Overseer next year? I know we vote on it but usually, there is some idea who might get it. I think Tim Hill is a fine man - very good. I know he can't run again. Friendly Face
9/10/19 7:35 pm

Post Re: General Assembly 2020 Election MrSippi
BromptonFalls wrote:
Executive Committee
Tim Hill
Raymond Culpepper
David Ramirez
John Childers
Gary Lewis

World Missions
Thomas Propes, Director
J. David Stephens, Asst. Director

Youth Department
Rob Bailey, Director
Brian Yaun, Asst. Director

That is my list exactly. If it seem good to the Holy Ghost...
Friendly Face
9/10/19 11:03 pm

Post MrSippi
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
Does anyone have any idea who will be the General Overseer next year? I know we vote on it but usually, there is some idea who might get it. I think Tim Hill is a fine man - very good. I know he can't run again.

Tim Hill is eligible to serve for another 4 year term
Friendly Face
9/10/19 11:04 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
MrSippi wrote:
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
Does anyone have any idea who will be the General Overseer next year? I know we vote on it but usually, there is some idea who might get it. I think Tim Hill is a fine man - very good. I know he can't run again.

Tim Hill is eligible to serve for another 4 year term

I was not aware of that. I thought it was only for 4 years. Thank you for correcting me.
Friendly Face
9/11/19 1:17 am

Post How many assemblies have come and gone. famousflavius
How many assemblies have you watched come and go over the years and have you been able to see any marked improvements? Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
9/11/19 1:53 pm

Post Re: How many assemblies have come and gone. BromptonFalls
famousflavius wrote:
How many assemblies have you watched come and go over the years and have you been able to see any marked improvements?

When you say "marked improvements", how do you mean?
9/11/19 2:19 pm

Post FLRon
Can someone please list the reasons why Tim Hill should get another four years? What accomplishments are attributed to him so far as advancing the kingdom of God and the church of God.

Under his watch has their been an increase in churches planted? Growth in missions? Youth ministries on the increase?

Asking because I am truly interested even if I don't have a vote.
9/11/19 3:47 pm

Post Re: How many assemblies have come and gone. famousflavius
BromptonFalls wrote:
famousflavius wrote:
How many assemblies have you watched come and go over the years and have you been able to see any marked improvements?

Quantifiable Metrics such as:
1) Increase in members, finances or new churches
2) Improved moral among the bishops
3) Better benefits for retired ministers
4) Lower expenses
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
9/11/19 4:10 pm

Post Re: How many assemblies have come and gone. BromptonFalls
famousflavius wrote:
BromptonFalls wrote:
famousflavius wrote:

Quantifiable Metrics such as:
1) Increase in members, finances or new churches
2) Improved moral among the bishops
3) Better benefits for retired ministers
4) Lower expenses

I don't know that we can realistically measure the success of the General Assembly or mark improvements by the rubrics you've listed. Taking in members, planting new churches, and increasing membership are not usually done at a a biennial convention of ours or any other ecclesiastical organization. But there has definitely been emphasis on some of these things (and even resolutions passed that promoted them such as a task force for church planting and revitalization as well as a study on aging ministers). The purpose of the General Assembly is not to "lower expenses" but to provide an opportunity for ministers and laity to have an organized business meeting (where everything from doctrine to finances are discussed and voted upon). The Assembly also provides a worship experience, as well as having fellowship with some of our global constituency. Additionally, at each of the GA worship services, a significant emphasis was placed upon the pentecostal experience. It was very refreshing to say the least.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on better retirement for ministers though. Perhaps you could even form it into a motion to be presented at the upcoming Assembly? At the business session at the General Assembly in 2018, thirty-three items were adopted, bylaws were updated, compensation for pastors (including adding sabbaticals) was passed and adding even a prerequisite that state overseers had to have pastoral experience. Perhaps it is time to overhaul our retirement system and even do something proactively for currently retired ministers.

Regarding morale of the Bishops? I can only speak for my self and my inner circle friends and our morale is high.
9/12/19 10:11 am

Post Sounds Great! famousflavius
Ok, It sounds like things are going great, I don't see any reason not to vote for your list. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
9/13/19 11:03 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
When you ask a large group of people to recommend a cell phone or internet service, you will get pros and cons for every company. People are passionate about it too! The same goes for our COG leadership. Y’all could vote in Jesus and some would complain. Each of these leaders love the COG and want to do what’s best for the church. It’s just they have different methods and ideology on how to make it happen and many won’t agree. As far as I can tell, in my limited knowledge, the current leadership is wonderful. That’s my opinion. Acts-pert Poster
9/14/19 8:30 am

Post What if... sadlytrue77
There is a push to send Mark Williams back to the top???

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
10/9/19 11:08 am

Post well... spartanfan
I love them all!

Last edited by spartanfan on 10/9/19 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
10/9/19 4:58 pm

Post M16 Way Off Base Restorationman
The post of M16 is an indictment against this forum and should be taken down. Opinion is one thing but trolling toxicity is
something else. Along the way, the men on the current EC have not given M16 what M16 personally wanted. or
at least they represent someone in past leadership who didnt. That is more likely the case here. The current
EC is possibly the most open, available, transparent and results oriented administration the COG has had in many
many years. If Hill and his team are a sideshow, I cant wait to see what happens when they
hit center-stage.

I sincerely hope the administrators will delete this entire thread.
Friendly Face
10/13/19 9:11 am

Post Dow Moses
I don’t have a dog in this fight, but M16 has attached men we respect. Even if he has a charge he should be specific. His post is nothing more than slander behind a mask. I don’t understand why this is not deleted. This is Christianity at it’s worst.
10/13/19 5:16 pm

Post sadlytrue77
oh no, he used mean words... remove him from the forum immediately. Snowflakes.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
Friendly Face
10/19/19 1:07 pm

Post Aw you know how we vote roughridercog
We don't vote for change. We vote for convenience.
First question asked, "Who has to get off?" Then we vote for others to move on up and take their turn.
Then we have to look at who has been preaching the big camp meetings. Who has been put forth. They will fill any voids.
10/19/19 5:58 pm

Post Re: Aw you know how we vote sadlytrue77
roughridercog wrote:
We don't vote for change. We vote for convenience.
First question asked, "Who has to get off?" Then we vote for others to move on up and take their turn.
Then we have to look at who has been preaching the big camp meetings. Who has been put forth. They will fill any voids.

So true. Eric Petree will be the next guy who gets the push. He is young enough to seem relevant, but not bold enough to rock any boats.

Friendly Face
10/19/19 8:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic