Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The LGBTQ litmus test, The Spanish Inquisition of our time?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The LGBTQ litmus test, The Spanish Inquisition of our time? UncleJD
My kids are all in their early twenties and I've been observing a disturbing trend over the last few months. Most of their friends are Christians, and most of those have attended Christian schools either in grade-school or college or both. Among those friends, there is a heavily increased pressure to accept and embrace the LGBTQ community. Recently another graduate from a local Bible School has "come out", proudly displaying rainbow flags and posting diatribes about how God accepts her and is proud of her decision, etc.. All of which of course is big on feelings and shallow on scripture (none). Then many of their friends start sharing the post and shaming anyone and everyone for not "feeling" the same. I watched as my daughter was in tears last night because she feels alone and isolated in her views to uphold Biblical doctrine on the subject. Even in the church (at least among the younger people), it seems they are getting very aggressive in their hunt for heretics who dare hold a view that homosexual practice is sin and outside of God's will. The old adage of "love the sinner, hate the sin" is anathema to them. It seems their new Spanish Inquisition has started up and they seek to purge their church of any heretic who does not kiss the ring of the LGBTQ. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/22/19 10:09 am

Post Re: The LGBTQ litmus test, The Spanish Inquisition of our time? Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
My kids are all in their early twenties and I've been observing a disturbing trend over the last few months. Most of their friends are Christians, and most of those have attended Christian schools either in grade-school or college or both. Among those friends, there is a heavily increased pressure to accept and embrace the LGBTQ community. Recently another graduate from a local Bible School has "come out", proudly displaying rainbow flags and posting diatribes about how God accepts her and is proud of her decision, etc.. All of which of course is big on feelings and shallow on scripture (none). Then many of their friends start sharing the post and shaming anyone and everyone for not "feeling" the same. I watched as my daughter was in tears last night because she feels alone and isolated in her views to uphold Biblical doctrine on the subject. Even in the church (at least among the younger people), it seems they are getting very aggressive in their hunt for heretics who dare hold a view that homosexual practice is sin and outside of God's will. The old adage of "love the sinner, hate the sin" is anathema to them. It seems their new Spanish Inquisition has started up and they seek to purge their church of any heretic who does not kiss the ring of the LGBTQ.

Indeed a disturbing trend.
8/22/19 10:59 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
JD - what you post is indeed happening to all U.S. Christians.

Perhaps in the long run - it is a good thing that we will finally take a stand about what we believe about biblical sex.

Divorce,
Adultery,
Fornication,
we sort of just swept them aside and quit confronting anyone regarding those sins as they happened in the church. We took the stigma away.

But, LGBTQ are forcing us to come out and say where we stand.
8/22/19 12:26 pm

Post UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Perhaps in the long run - it is a good thing that we will finally take a stand about what we believe about biblical sex.

Divorce,
Adultery,
Fornication,
we sort of just swept them aside and quit confronting anyone regarding those sins as they happened in the church. We took the stigma away.

true, but the pressure is coming from the young Christians. Its fine to come from the world, that's expected, it hurts when its such a loud voice within the church itself.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/22/19 4:26 pm

Post Cojak
[quote="UncleJD"]

Divorce,
Adultery,
Fornication,

true, but the pressure is coming from the young Christians. Its fine to come from the world, that's expected, it hurts when its such a loud voice within the church itself.[/quote] Crying or Very sad
True, so true it hurts! Twisted Evil
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/23/19 6:23 am

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:

Divorce,
Adultery,
Fornication,

true, but the pressure is coming from the young Christians. Its fine to come from the world, that's expected, it hurts when its such a loud voice within the church itself.

This is why novices are not to be put in charge. Paul told Timothy to "preach the word, REPROVE, REBUKE". Perhaps some of that is in order now. Perhaps some of these youngsters need to be put in their place and told: "choose ye this day who you will serve".
8/23/19 10:16 am

Post FLRon
Resident Skeptic wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

Divorce,
Adultery,
Fornication,

This is why novices are not to be put in charge. Paul told Timothy to "preach the word, REPROVE, REBUKE". Perhaps some of that is in order now. Perhaps some of these youngsters need to be put in their place and told: "choose ye this day who you will serve".

The command to Reprove, Rebuke has always been in order. The fact that so very few have had the fortitude to do so is part of the reason why the church has adopted the mindset of the world(in many situations).
In my opinion,it isn't the novice that is the problem. It's the seasoned preacher who no longer contends for the faith that was once delivered to the saints. Where are the voices from America's pulpits calling out sin and imploring the nation to repent?
Maybe today's church is in the shape it's in due to a lack of Godly leadership?
8/27/19 9:08 am

Post UncleJD
FLRon wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

Divorce,
Adultery,
Fornication,

The command to Reprove, Rebuke has always been in order. The fact that so very few have had the fortitude to do so is part of the reason why the church has adopted the mindset of the world(in many situations).
In my opinion,it isn't the novice that is the problem. It's the seasoned preacher who no longer contends for the faith that was once delivered to the saints. Where are the voices from America's pulpits calling out sin and imploring the nation to repent?
Maybe today's church is in the shape it's in due to a lack of Godly leadership?

True, but who is left that will listen these days? 200 years of "rugged individualism" has made its way into our churches so that each person is now a law unto their own self, ready to just move down the road until they find the right ear-scratcher that will tell them little Johnny or little Suzy are perfectly fine with their same-sex partners and they won't really die lost in their sins, God loves to accomodate whatever sin they want as long as they are "good people", and on the other side there is no shortage of pastors willing to preach whatever is wanted as long as they get paid to do it.

2 Timothy 4. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
8/27/19 9:23 am

Post Re: The LGBTQ litmus test, The Spanish Inquisition of our time? Link
UncleJD wrote:
My kids are all in their early twenties and I've been observing a disturbing trend over the last few months. Most of their friends are Christians, and most of those have attended Christian schools either in grade-school or college or both. Among those friends, there is a heavily increased pressure to accept and embrace the LGBTQ community. Recently another graduate from a local Bible School has "come out", proudly displaying rainbow flags and posting diatribes about how God accepts her and is proud of her decision, etc.. All of which of course is big on feelings and shallow on scripture (none). Then many of their friends start sharing the post and shaming anyone and everyone for not "feeling" the same. I watched as my daughter was in tears last night because she feels alone and isolated in her views to uphold Biblical doctrine on the subject. Even in the church (at least among the younger people), it seems they are getting very aggressive in their hunt for heretics who dare hold a view that homosexual practice is sin and outside of God's will. The old adage of "love the sinner, hate the sin" is anathema to them. It seems their new Spanish Inquisition has started up and they seek to purge their church of any heretic who does not kiss the ring of the LGBTQ.

There is a shallow version of evangelicalism that is about talking about relationship and drepeating a prayer and not about faith and relationship thatncan be very light on doctrine.

IIMao churches need 5o teach this topic preemptively. Teach what sexual immorality is. Tdleach living holy. Point out thrle holes in the LGBTA arguments are by pounting out that lust doesnt justify sin and problems with carnal love. Some adulterers probably have strong feelings like married couples do but God's agape does not delight in iniquity but rejoices in the truth.

People who grow up watching movies and TV, and hearing people talk even in wermons may think the feelings of romantic love.are a magical thing that justifies fornication breaking up marriages and sex with the same sex. This seems to be at the root of a lot of sexual sin and divorce in our culture. If someone gets into a relarionship and experiences that everyonr izs expected to applaud that.
9/6/19 8:31 am

Post Resident Skeptic
The "inquisition" we are discussing in this thread fits under the umbrella of the
Critical Race Theory and Intersectionality I presented in another thread linked below. Essentially, this Marxist inspired philosophy labels as "racist" and as inventions of white Europeans the methods of reason and fact-based analysis that were a product of the Renaissance and Enlightenment periods. These white methods, say the social-justice warriors, should not be imposed on minority communities who have a different world view and a different way of analyzing information, based on personal experience. Thus, it is the duty of all white people to continually examine themselves for their own hidden racism that is an inherent part of their nature. The only way white people can understand the feelings of minorities is to study and ask for them for enlightenment. To be color-blind is racist because it shows you are not adequately caring or assuming responsibility for your hidden racism. Yet, the white man must understand that to seek this insight from their non-white peer is in itself exploitive and also racist. Thus this theory is designed to lock white people in a never-ending search for their own racism and to keep them on the stools of everlasting repentance, never granting them redemption for their sin of racism. Some of the more radical theologians of this movement have openly questioned whether white people can actually be saved due to their inherently evil nature.

Understand, that this vain philosophy stems NOT from the minority communities, but from liberal white academia. It has become a serious issue within the ranks of the Southern Baptists, coming in as a trojan horse disguised as concern for reaching out to minority communities. In the video linked, an atheist warns the church that if he was a radical atheist intent on destroying religion, this is the method he would use. Our eyes must be open to this dangerous doctrine. In the other thread, I also provided a link to Resolution 9 of the recent 2019 Southern Baptist National Convention and a rebuttal from a critic of the resolution who felt it was not strong enough. I urge all to research this topic. Just as many of our youth are questioning the Biblical stand on homosexuality, they will also be swept away by the Critical Race Theory.

http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=89500&sid=006845ca95b29808db9d21f9a54883aa
9/7/19 1:17 pm

Post UncleJD
We had a guest speaker this morning from a ministry focused on discussing doubts about God with atheists, lgbtq, etc.. in a neutral setting, usually when he as the Christian voice is in the minority in that forum (I describe it that way to avoid naming the name of the "ministry", though I'm not sure they need or want to be protected). He pretty much said that "we cannot 'love' anyone that we have already 'condemned' in our hearts". He pretty much got a round applause for that, presumably because it sounds really sweet and gave everyone "the feels" as they say now. The point he was making as far as I could tell, and the one the audience seemed to receive was that "if you think that homosexuality is a sin, then you've already condemned that person in your heart and they will somehow perceive this and never believe you when you present the gospel". he then went on to explain by the use of questions he often receives and how he responds to them by addressing Biblical authority and secondary to Christ (I immediately thought that all this time I thought they were the same, you know the whole "In the beginning was The Word .. and the Word was God"), but was corrected that Jesus is most important, and that anything offensive in the Word must not be properly understood (or something like that, it was all very 'rapid-fire'). I really don't want to misjudge this guy, but I really left with a big giant question-mark over my head. Had Jesus been aware of this when he "judged" that people were living in sin, yet claimed that He loved them anyways and urged them to repent??? I really don't know what to think of this (other than to wonder if I'm going to the wrong church). Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/8/19 3:44 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
We had a guest speaker this morning from a ministry focused on discussing doubts about God with atheists, lgbtq, etc.. in a neutral setting, usually when he as the Christian voice is in the minority in that forum (I describe it that way to avoid naming the name of the "ministry", though I'm not sure they need or want to be protected). He pretty much said that "we cannot 'love' anyone that we have already 'condemned' in our hearts". He pretty much got a round applause for that, presumably because it sounds really sweet and gave everyone "the feels" as they say now. The point he was making as far as I could tell, and the one the audience seemed to receive was that "if you think that homosexuality is a sin, then you've already condemned that person in your heart and they will somehow perceive this and never believe you when you present the gospel". he then went on to explain by the use of questions he often receives and how he responds to them by addressing Biblical authority and secondary to Christ (I immediately thought that all this time I thought they were the same, you know the whole "In the beginning was The Word .. and the Word was God"), but was corrected that Jesus is most important, and that anything offensive in the Word must not be properly understood (or something like that, it was all very 'rapid-fire'). I really don't want to misjudge this guy, but I really left with a big giant question-mark over my head. Had Jesus been aware of this when he "judged" that people were living in sin, yet claimed that He loved them anyways and urged them to repent??? I really don't know what to think of this (other than to wonder if I'm going to the wrong church).

What do they do with Romans chapter 3, particularly verse 19?
Quote:

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

9/8/19 7:17 pm

Post My opinion? It's due to relative theology roughridercog
Many pastors and church members have loved ones (relatives) who are homosexual. At one time homosexuality was denounced as a sin and abomination in the eyes of God.
But now due to the fact that relatives burning in hell is far too painful a thought for the church to deal with (in my opinion) the church has changed its theology to soften the sin.
That is why the church at large often doesn't deal with it head on. I refuse to use the political correct terms such as gay, LGBQT, and such. I still use the term homosexual.
I guess I'm just old school hard shell.
9/9/19 8:15 am

Post UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
We had a guest speaker this morning from a ministry focused on discussing doubts about God with atheists, lgbtq, etc.. in a neutral setting, usually when he as the Christian voice is in the minority in that forum (I describe it that way to avoid naming the name of the "ministry", though I'm not sure they need or want to be protected). He pretty much said that "we cannot 'love' anyone that we have already 'condemned' in our hearts". He pretty much got a round applause for that, presumably because it sounds really sweet and gave everyone "the feels" as they say now. The point he was making as far as I could tell, and the one the audience seemed to receive was that "if you think that homosexuality is a sin, then you've already condemned that person in your heart and they will somehow perceive this and never believe you when you present the gospel". he then went on to explain by the use of questions he often receives and how he responds to them by addressing Biblical authority and secondary to Christ (I immediately thought that all this time I thought they were the same, you know the whole "In the beginning was The Word .. and the Word was God"), but was corrected that Jesus is most important, and that anything offensive in the Word must not be properly understood (or something like that, it was all very 'rapid-fire'). I really don't want to misjudge this guy, but I really left with a big giant question-mark over my head. Had Jesus been aware of this when he "judged" that people were living in sin, yet claimed that He loved them anyways and urged them to repent??? I really don't know what to think of this (other than to wonder if I'm going to the wrong church).

What do they do with Romans chapter 3, particularly verse 19?
Quote:

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

TBH, I don't know what to do with this at all. I've had some overly "seeker friendly" vibes that seemed hard to swallow but I rolled with it because this is the church my kids work in and I'd rather go with them and encourage their involvement at this point in their lives. But this went from "seeker friendly" to outright "progressive/liberal" thought. I 100% support loving and witnessing to the homosexual, but when a minister tells me the same thing that I hear on CNN, that if I condemn them in my heart (in other words believe the Bible says that homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God), then I can't really love them, then it brings me to a point of decision about my continued fellowship there.
9/9/19 8:39 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic