Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

85 decibels

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post 85 decibels Cojak
MOST audiologists agree that above 85 decibels your hearing will be impaired or damaged.
I know much has been said about camp meeting music. In the last two weeks I had opportunity to experience much louder sounds at our local Camp Meeting. We were mostly seniors and sang I'll Fly Away to the loudest accompaniment I have ever heard. The church seated about 150 and we were at capacity. The louder the music the louder we sang. Folks were worshiping God, no question. I had to pull my Cochlear devices, they were BUZZING. I can not hear a jet plane, but I could still feel the vibrations of the music.
There were a few tender ears in the congregation. Folks, some of this damage will not show up for a few years, BUT IT WILL SHOW UP.

If as pastors you are starting to miss words, if folks are mumbling more and more, you may already have damage and need hearing devices. Believe me like false teeth, aids are no fun. Restaurants will drive you buggy.
One thing I must clarify. If you have not experienced hearing aids, let me be first to tell you hearing aids are not like eye glasses. You can be unable to read, and glasses can clear those blurred letters up. Hearing aids will only make those blurred letters (in your head) only louder not clearer In many cases. The aids will and can assist in the early stages, but it seems ears once started down continue.
PLEASE LOWER YOUR VOLUME, God is not deaf, he can hear a whisper. It does not take noise to worship God.
I am totally deaf now and believe me even with the Cochlear implants it still ain't pretty. People sound like ducks and the music I did enjoy, now sounds like ducks and a chicken lot to me. Sad

We let some missionaries use our home last year. One said her mama had had her Cochlear Implant removed, She was a musician in NYC and said she would rather be deaf than listen to the trash she heard.
Since I am not a musician, I will listen to ducks talk, and endure what sounds like trash, but I know is music. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/17/19 11:20 pm

Post Restaurants are nightmares for me roughridercog
Especially Cracker Barrel. They are the loudest restaurants ever started. Regarding church. I sit in the entryway during music. I enjoy service much more. There are a couple of us out there singing and worshipping in the pain free zone.
You know there are sound decibel reader apps for free download on out smart phones. Some services I've been to the music is 90 and above.
8/18/19 7:18 am

Post Eddie Robbins
One man said “you can lower your voice because God is not deaf.” To which another man replied “He ain’t nervous either!” Acts-pert Poster
8/18/19 6:05 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
One man said “you can lower your voice because God is not deaf.” To which another man replied “He ain’t nervous either!”

Of course if one is praying to God in their closet they are not gonna bother His hearing, but screaming at 90 db with drums and guitars, nervous doesn't matter ears get damaged. Just like your body if you graze at Golden Corral. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/18/19 11:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic