Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

COG GA and the U.S. House (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post COG GA and the U.S. House (L) Nature Boy Florida
Gotta love the point of orders, and parliamentary procedures going on in the U. S. House.

I almost thought I was watching a COG G.A. voting. Twisted Evil

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-floor-fight-pelosi-collins-condemn-trump-tweets
7/16/19 3:08 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
We watched it too. I thought the same thing. Very interesting. Friendly Face
7/16/19 8:44 pm

Post And I think it's almost always for the SAME REASON: Politics Aaron Scott
I have seen men virtually stumble over each other to be the first to raise "point of order" or something else. It is very difficult for me to believe they are doing this for any other reason than to score points with some in leadership that are in support of whatever the measure is. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/17/19 5:00 am

Post Cojak
I am amazed that any 'political assembly' would override their parliamentarian! I have never heard of such a thing. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

BUT seems Sorta like taking a vote with the home-team's fans about a penalty call by a referee against their star player.

BUT anyway this is the most OPENLY divided, AND NASTY that I can remember with our Congress.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/17/19 8:59 am

Post Cojak... Aaron Scott
Cojak wrote:
I am amazed that any 'political assembly' would override their parliamentarian! I have never heard of such a thing. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

BUT seems Sorta like taking a vote with the home-team's fans about a penalty call by a referee against their star player.

BUT anyway this is the most OPENLY divided, AND NASTY that I can remember with our Congress.

It's kind of like shooting someone who is waving a white flag. Once you do that, you have shown the other side that they cannot even peaceably surrender. So it behooves them to fight all the harder and without relenting, since that is the only option really open to them.

The same with not following parliamentary procedure. if THEY don't have to follow it, then the other side will claim that neither do they have to follow it. And so it descended into a destructive cycle that ends all collaboration.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/17/19 9:40 am

Post Re: Cojak... Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:

It's kind of like shooting someone who is waving a white flag. Once you do that, you have shown the other side that they cannot even peaceably surrender. So it behooves them to fight all the harder and without relenting, since that is the only option really open to them.

The same with not following parliamentary procedure. if THEY don't have to follow it, then the other side will claim that neither do they have to follow it. And so it descended into a destructive cycle that ends all collaboration.

Well said! Crying or Very sad BUT SAD! Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/17/19 10:14 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic